Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:17:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 872246 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #6330 on August 15, 2020, 01:01:13 pm by ravenrover »
N, it's often just a killer

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6331 on August 15, 2020, 01:08:26 pm by selby »
  Syd, I haven't compared the numbers with any other country at all, and I am very skeptical of a lot of other countries numbers anyway.
  But you did when it suited you, but not so much now buddy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6332 on August 15, 2020, 01:17:05 pm by SydneyRover »
Selby I think you're confused  :)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6333 on August 15, 2020, 02:33:53 pm by Nudga »
I don't really understand the comparison with the likes of cancer and stroke etc.

Last I heard, cancer wasn't an infectious and insidious virus.

So it's OK to put all our eggs into the covid-19 basket and forget about everything else?

This thing flat lined weeks ago.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6334 on August 15, 2020, 03:15:01 pm by ravenrover »
All that happened yesterday in UK?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6335 on August 15, 2020, 03:29:04 pm by Metalmicky »
Some perspective maybe, or maybe not?

18 people died of CV19 in England
yesterday
1295 died of a stroke,1852 died of heart attack,
39 murdered
You work it out - what are we afraid of?

I'd check you stats Nudga - 39 murders yesterday....... really?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6336 on August 15, 2020, 03:44:29 pm by Nudga »
Taken down, innacurate. Apologies for that one.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #6337 on August 15, 2020, 07:05:42 pm by Janso »
I don't really understand the comparison with the likes of cancer and stroke etc.

So it's OK to put all our eggs into the covid-19 basket and forget about everything else?

Forgot I said that mate, cheers for reminding me.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6338 on August 15, 2020, 07:27:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Nudga.

The virus "flatlined" several weeks ago.

God help us.

The virus didn't decide it had had enough of killing folk and choose to spend the summer with a packet of HobNobs and a copy of Razzle, relaxing in the gentlemanly fashion.

The numbers came down because we shut down a third of the economy for 8 weeks. And we are still engaged in an unprecedented bout of social isolation to keep it down.

Look round the world at what happens if you then relax your guard. Texas, Spain, Brazil, India.

f**k about with it like we did in March and the cases double every 3-4 days. Simple. Demonstrated. All you have to do is be prepared to look.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6339 on August 15, 2020, 07:39:05 pm by Nudga »

No worries, mate.

The comoarisions are that cancer deaths will far far out weigh covid 1984 due to lockdown and NHS being put on stop.
Then add in heart procedures, lung disease, suicides etc etc.
Then mental health issues are on the rise. Add in the effects of job losses, businesses going bust.

It's not gonna look good is it.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6340 on August 15, 2020, 07:44:11 pm by Nudga »

Nudga.

God help us.

The virus didn't decide it had had enough of killing folk and choose to spend the summer with a packet of HobNobs and a copy of Razzle, relaxing in the gentlemanly fashion.

The numbers came down because we shut down a third of the economy for 8 weeks. And we are still engaged in an unprecedented bout of social isolation to keep it down.

Look round the world at what happens if you then relax your guard. Texas, Spain, Brazil, India.

f**k about with it like we did in March and the cases double every 3-4 days. Simple. Demonstrated. All you have to do is be prepared to look.

The virus gave everyone two weeks grace to put their masks on.

The virus knows not to infect retail workers but will definitely go for the people shopping.

It knows not to infect old bill too. They don't wear masks.
Not one copper died of it, not one.

But if you're over 6ft, you'd best walk around crouching down, or else you're f**ked.
Glad I'm only 5ft 10.

Oh, cases mean f**k all, unless you're a bedwetting 77th.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #6341 on August 15, 2020, 07:48:07 pm by Janso »

Nudga.

God help us.

But why look when we can pretend it's not a threat and dabble in conspiracy?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6342 on August 15, 2020, 07:52:52 pm by Nudga »
😂😂 Have you ordered your perspex glory hole from amazon yet?
Better play safe and buy a few more sex masks eh 😉😁

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6343 on August 15, 2020, 10:26:52 pm by auckleyflyer »
Well, we're in Portugal at the moment day 3 of a 14day stay. Booked last year and staying in her dad's house so no resort. Thought that the quarantine would be gone for Portugal by now and still hopefully will be in next ten days.
They have less than 2k deaths in total and although a spike in Lisbon its a relative spike and nothing to even warrant a local lockdown in the UK.
We came from Cornwall which has been the safest place in the UK until the last few weeks since we were inundated.
Feel far safer here in sleepy Tavira than in even Cornwall. As iv worked through lockdown I just booked 4 weeks off anyway.
For me Portugals lockdown is Down to the fact we don't have any automotive ties and is purely political.
Talking to myself I know but fek me, day 5 and the place is full of Spanish.
Spanish it seams on their hols not giving a fcuk.
No resteraunts for us takeaway or home cooked. Sticking to a UK timetable too therefore ovoiding the 8-10pm rush.

red w(h)ine

• Forum Member
« Reply #6344 on August 15, 2020, 10:59:10 pm by red w(h)ine »
Thanks Ldr but no need. I'm currently in a place that is safer than anywhere in England. And then we'll drive back without staying anywhere where there are infection levels anywhere near as high as South Yorks. The only concern is if we get the same Leeds supporter bell ends on the North Sea Ferry, pissed as arseholes and stumbling into everyone.

Roughly 450 people are dieing of a cancer a day due to the country stopping everything for this poxy virus.

According to https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics-for-the-uk#heading-One
"There are around 165,000 cancer deaths in the UK every year, that's around 450 every day (2015-2017)."

That's 450 deaths to date pre-covid. So are you suggesting that 450 extra people die each day due to the country stopping treatment?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6345 on August 16, 2020, 06:54:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

No worries, mate.

The comoarisions are that cancer deaths will far far out weigh covid 1984 due to lockdown and NHS being put on stop.
Then add in heart procedures, lung disease, suicides etc etc.
Then mental health issues are on the rise. Add in the effects of job losses, businesses going bust.

It's not gonna look good is it.

Nudga.

Comparisons against how many people COVID HAS killed or WILL kill are irrelevant.

What matters is how many people COVID WOULD HAVE killed if we'd not done what we did.

It's clear as day. If we had just carried on as normal, it would have killed half a million of us by the end of June. 250,000 of them in a three week period in April or May. There would have been tens of thousands of body bags in school gyms and sports centres.

You, with your conspiracy theories, have been saved from facing up to that because the hard things have been done. The things that the dangerous idiots you listen to say we never needed to do.

I sometimes wish there was an alternative Universe where we'd all listened to the folk you listen to, and then we could all rip the f**kers limb from limb after they'd led us into disaster. As it is, those tests have been insulated from responsibility and they can keep on spouting their shite.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6346 on August 16, 2020, 07:52:22 pm by Nudga »
Utter, utter b*llocks. Half a million, f**k my life!!

It's widely accepted that Unfortunately it has brought the deaths of the elderly and those with underlying health issues forward.

We've had the bank holiday beach weekends, protests, pubs opening up.
We've had 1 death on the 14th,and one on the 15th.

You call me a conspiracy theorists, get a grip, absolute melt.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6347 on August 16, 2020, 08:07:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga.

Of course it would have been half a million.

Until we locked down, the number of cases were doubling every 3-4 days.

We had about 4 million people infected by the start of April. Without serious measures, that would have been 30 million by 20th April and 50 million by the end of April.

The Infection Fatality Ratio all over the world is around 1%.

Do the sums.

Or maybe you think some magic would have stopped the spread of the virus?

Like I said, the dangerous bell ends that taken you a ta-ta in the opposite direction from simple logic will never have to be responsible for their stupidity. And gullible fools will keep on ignorantly repeating what they say, safe from the f**king consequences that their stupidity would have led us into.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6348 on August 16, 2020, 08:24:22 pm by Nudga »
You are the Piers Morgan of the VSC.

Cases, cases, cases. Like I said, it did its worst on the weak and vulnerable.

Roughly 1, 350 people have died in hospital without any underlying health problems since March. A high percentage of those were in their 70s and 80s.

Im dealing in cold hard facts here, you're dealing in Fergusons flawd model, some other Kitson who had been paid off to drive the fear.

You call me dangerous,, you still haven't responded about the thousands and thousands of poor bas**rds not being seen for their cancer appointments, 800,000 appointments missed by the way because the hospitals were shut.
Children's suicides rocketed due to lockdown, child abuse rocketed because of lockdown.
Where's your compassion or sensationalism for those people?

Let it go BST, the virus has run its course. Have a listen to Dr Ron Daniels BEM, unless he's one of these dangerous bellends you speak of.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6349 on August 16, 2020, 09:19:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga.

For the record, are you saying that people who have died with underlying health problems don't really count?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6350 on August 16, 2020, 09:21:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not using Ferguson's model by the way. I'm using the actual data that I've collated.

Ferguson assumed that the infections would double every 5-7 days.

They didn't.

They doubled every 3-4 days.

Go and grow up, stop listening to other people and work out for yourself what that means.

Then come back and talk like a grown up on this.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6351 on August 16, 2020, 09:24:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hang on.

I've just seen that gem.

"The virus has run its course".

You utter idiot.

What f**king magic do you think has suddenly stopped it proliferating?

You see the epidemic under control.and your conclusion is that the virus has run out of steam? No thoughts about why the infection rate fell? No thoughts about why the infection rates rose again everywhere where lockdown was seriously eased and people stopped taking it seriously?

Jesus f**king wept.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6352 on August 16, 2020, 09:29:47 pm by Nudga »
f**k off you prick

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6353 on August 16, 2020, 09:40:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Like I say Nudga. You're in a comfort zone where you will never have to deal with the world you wanted to have.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6354 on August 16, 2020, 10:02:05 pm by Nudga »
Like I said , see Dr Ron Daniels. He actually went on national TV explaining his idea that the virus is less virulent and that its likely that we're devolving Tcell immunity.
Have a look, if you can take that inflated head out of your f**kin arse.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6355 on August 16, 2020, 10:07:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga.

Large scale studies show that only about 6% of the population have caught COVID.

Go on. Indulge me between your insults cos I've looked and I can't see where Ron Daniels mentions it.

How the f**k do the other 94% of us develop T-cell immunity?

Nudga

• Forum Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6357 on August 16, 2020, 10:20:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cheers Nudga.

Not got a f**king Scooby what that's got to do with the question I asked, but I'm sure you know.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6358 on August 16, 2020, 10:24:11 pm by Nudga »
f**k me. Now you're just being ignorant.

Good night.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6359 on August 16, 2020, 10:29:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
From what I can see, your man (who, self-professedly has no expertise on this subject) has a hypothesis that the only areas which are being hit now are ones that weren't badly hit earlier.

From that, I think although it's not clear, that he deduces that the previously badly hit regions have now got some sort of immunity to the virus.

Two comments.

1) In very few places in the world have serology tests indicated that more than 15-20% of the population been exposed to CV-19 yet. There has never been a virus in history where herd immunity has been achieved on such low numbers, and a virus has petered out

2) He's missing the f**king massive elephant that is shitting all over the room. Areas that experienced a bad outbreak earlier this year are scarred by the experience. They have massively changed their behaviour. I've spent the last 10 days in Emilia-Romagna and Lombardia in Italy, where they were ferrying bodies to other cities to cremate in March because the local services were overwhelmed. The people there are terrified by what they have seen with their own eyes. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is wearing masks in public and keeping distances. Every shop, every service station, every hotel, every cafe has hand gel dispensers.  I humbly suggest THAT is why they haven't seen a second outbreak yet. Because they saw what the first one did while idiots like you were saying it was a conspiracy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012