Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860542 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #11820 on June 18, 2021, 10:04:33 am by wilts rover »
I read a article yesterday not sure how accurate but it said the only way to have stopped the delta variant and others is to keep borders closed like Australia and nz, it would just delay it otherwise, it also said them place will struggle when they finally relax restrictions due to people not have having COVID, I'll try find the link was quite a interesting read

Does the article explain why the UK had more cases yesterday than the rest of the EU put together?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11821 on June 18, 2021, 10:26:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
Who broke the rules Skippy? While you're at it don't forget to mention who broke the rules in the opposition  parties.

Boris Johnson for starters, then there was Jenrick and, need I go on?

When did Boris break the rules?

Also, you forgot to mention who broke the rules in the opposition parties.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11822 on June 18, 2021, 10:44:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »
11k new infections yesterday, the last bank holiday figures are starting to filter through now

Not really BH effect I think Filo. It's just a remorseless exponential growth. We have a very virulent Delta strain that we have lost control of, at the same time that we have relaxed distancing requirements. And we are still some way from HI.(*) So it's inevitable that new infections are going to go up.

I'd expect us to be seeing days when there are >20k cases recorded by the end of the month and at that stage it starts to get very serious. New hospitalisations are now definitely tracking the new cases in their exponential rise. Small numbers for now but that's the thing about exponential rise - small number very quickly turn into very, very big numbers. If the exponential rise in new cases doesn't start slowing very soon, I think we are in for a much rockier summer and autumn than folk appreciate.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11823 on June 18, 2021, 10:50:47 am by Bentley Bullet »
The problem goes much further than government decisions, common sense and individual responsibility will always play a massive part in living with the virus.

Measures will only be as effective as the response they receive.

Would common sense not say that if a new, more contagious strain of the virus is discovered in India and you think it is so dangerous that you wish to stop the risk of it reaching this country by closing travel routes from the countries next to India - you should also close travel routes to India.

Yet they didn't. For three weeks. And now try and blame the public for catching it. Pathetic.

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1405550047077482499
Wilts, are you disagreeing with my point? Are you suggesting that common sense and individual responsibility does not play a massive part in living with the virus? 

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11824 on June 18, 2021, 11:45:47 am by bpoolrover »
Good news from phe is that one dose of any
If he vaccines reduces chance of needing to go to hospital by over 70 percent against the delta variant

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11825 on June 18, 2021, 11:52:06 am by Bentley Bullet »
And on top of that,  those who recover from COVID-19 have immunity to the virus for at least 8 months and maybe longer. Immunity can occur naturally after developing COVID-19 or from getting the COVID-19 vaccination.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11826 on June 18, 2021, 12:35:36 pm by bpoolrover »
I read a article yesterday not sure how accurate but it said the only way to have stopped the delta variant and others is to keep borders closed like Australia and nz, it would just delay it otherwise, it also said them place will struggle when they finally relax restrictions due to people not have having COVID, I'll try find the link was quite a interesting read

Does the article explain why the UK had more cases yesterday than the rest of the EU put together?

and your point is?once the delta variant is more widespread in other European countries then there numbers will go up
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:41:35 pm by bpoolrover »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11827 on June 18, 2021, 01:04:27 pm by wilts rover »

and your point is?once the delta variant is more widespread in other European countries then there numbers will go up

My point is it's better to stop it being widespread in the first place if you can see it coming - especally now you know there is a vaccine. As Aus/NZ/EU and others have done. Not go for the herd immunity route as that article you mention appears to suggest.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11828 on June 18, 2021, 01:11:28 pm by wilts rover »
The problem goes much further than government decisions, common sense and individual responsibility will always play a massive part in living with the virus.

Would common sense not say that if a new, more contagious strain of the virus is discovered in India and you think it is so dangerous that you wish to stop the risk of it reaching this country by closing travel routes from the countries next to India - you should also close travel routes to India.

Yet they didn't. For three weeks. And now try and blame the public for catching it. Pathetic.

Wilts, are you disagreeing with my point? Are you suggesting that common sense and individual responsibility does not play a massive part in living with the virus? 

Yes. The reason we have been so badly affected compared to the rest of the world, in all 4 waves, is entirely down to poor government decisions. And that is just common sense.

You don't live with a deadly invisible virus. You die from it. It just another poor excuse to blame the public for goverment failures - and push the herd immunity argument.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11829 on June 18, 2021, 01:15:18 pm by wilts rover »
And on top of that,  those who recover from COVID-19 have immunity to the virus for at least 8 months and maybe longer. Immunity can occur naturally after developing COVID-19 or from getting the COVID-19 vaccination.

Had you seen this report before posting BB?

Previous covid infection may not offer long term protection new study on healthcare workers finds:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/17/previous-covid-infection-may-not-offer-long-term-protection-study-finds

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11830 on June 18, 2021, 01:33:24 pm by bpoolrover »

My point is it's better to stop it being widespread in the first place if you can see it coming - especally now you know there is a vaccine. As Aus/NZ/EU and others have done. Not go for the herd immunity route as that article you mention appears to suggest.
how have the eu? And just about every country in the eu have not closed there borders so the delta variant has now started to reach them

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11831 on June 18, 2021, 01:43:53 pm by albie »
Blackpool,

The UK has extensive links with India, and many travel to see family.
Once the Delta Variant was identified, the first thing is to control the border access, by introducing quarantine measures.

This will not stop it arriving, but it would greatly reduce the numbers infected in the early stage.
When you say it will "just delay", that is the most important objective.

Delay allows more jabs in arms, gives the NHS prep time, and lets the research community work on vaccine modifications.

Delay is the best thing that Bozo could possibly do.....but he didn't, so he could make progress with Modi.

He is as dull as dogshit!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11832 on June 18, 2021, 01:47:41 pm by selby »
  Wilts, over a week ago it was reported that 4  out 0f 10 illegal immigrants that wre landing from France in dinghies were testing positive for Covid 19, which does not match up with the official numbers coming out of France, and suggest that it is far more widespread than reported there.
  Those numbers in France by the way are always reported by the WHO later than all the other countries in the EU and always manage to be just a few less than any of the other comparable EU countries, well they have been since Macron has come under pressure over the last few months.
  Anyway in the past when I quoted WHO figures for the UK if you look back a couple of weeks a number of people rubbished the numbers taken from the WHO table, Syd managing to add 25,000 deaths to the figure, what makes you think they are anywhere near correct for any other country and that they report them with Covid, Germany and France do not.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11833 on June 18, 2021, 01:55:38 pm by SydneyRover »
  Wilts, over a week ago it was reported that 4  out 0f 10 illegal immigrants that wre landing from France in dinghies were testing positive for Covid 19, which does not match up with the official numbers coming out of France, and suggest that it is far more widespread than reported there.
  Those numbers in France by the way are always reported by the WHO later than all the other countries in the EU and always manage to be just a few less than any of the other comparable EU countries, well they have been since Macron has come under pressure over the last few months.
  Anyway in the past when I quoted WHO figures for the UK if you look back a couple of weeks a number of people rubbished the numbers taken from the WHO table, Syd managing to add 25,000 deaths to the figure, what makes you think they are anywhere near correct for any other country and that they report them with Covid, Germany and France do not.

Selby if you think it's ok for cabinet to be in panto mode with a worldwide pandemic bearing down on the country then keep on spouting excerpt from RT radio or whatever your sources are and of course keep believing them if it helps.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11834 on June 18, 2021, 02:06:16 pm by bpoolrover »
Blackpool,

The UK has extensive links with India, and many travel to see family.
Once the Delta Variant was identified, the first thing is to control the border access, by introducing quarantine measures.

This will not stop it arriving, but it would greatly reduce the numbers infected in the early stage.
When you say it will "just delay", that is the most important objective.

Delay allows more jabs in arms, gives the NHS prep time, and lets the research community work on vaccine modifications.

Delay is the best thing that Bozo could possibly do.....but he didn't, so he could make progress with Modi.

He is as dull as dogshit!
I only said what I had read and found it interesting, then it seems to have turned into how badly the government has done again lol

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11835 on June 18, 2021, 02:17:55 pm by albie »
Sorry if I misread you, Blackpool.

No problem with your link, but I thought you were saying that delay doesn't matter, if it was going to happen anyway.

That's not right...big advantages from delay IMO.
This is where the scientists have a big problem with Bozo, he simply does not get why it is so!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11836 on June 18, 2021, 02:31:58 pm by bpoolrover »
No probs, yes mate delays matter, my argument was that you cannot shut the borders for every variant of interest, now a variant of concern is a different matter

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #11837 on June 18, 2021, 02:51:57 pm by Ldr »
Note’4th wave’ up here. Posted for interest

https://twitter.com/sharonbarbour/status/1405812235918848000?s=21

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11838 on June 18, 2021, 03:46:58 pm by wilts rover »

Everyone else is lying other than Rupert Murdoch Radio - go and have a lie down Selby and come back when the season starts.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11839 on June 18, 2021, 04:05:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Yes. The reason we have been so badly affected compared to the rest of the world, in all 4 waves, is entirely down to poor government decisions. And that is just common sense.

You don't live with a deadly invisible virus. You die from it. It just another poor excuse to blame the public for goverment failures - and push the herd immunity argument.

I'm not blaming the public for government failures, but, unlike you, I'm not blaming the government for the public's failures.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11840 on June 18, 2021, 04:10:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

The question facing these countries is how do they then back out of the policy. There will be covid potentially forever, how do they open borders and accept it?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11841 on June 18, 2021, 04:28:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Previous covid infection may not offer long term protection new study on healthcare workers finds:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/17/previous-covid-infection-may-not-offer-long-term-protection-study-finds

I don't read the Guardian. Wilts. It is a bag of shite. I got the info from here..
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-long-does-immunity-last-after-covid-19-what-we-know

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11842 on June 18, 2021, 04:41:44 pm by albie »
BB,

That Healthline link is from before the Delta Variant took hold.

The debate has moved on from there.
My understanding is that immunity depends upon the antibodies present over time (declining), and the degree of variation in the virus from that which caused the initial antibody response.

It is not a given that the recovered have 8 months protection against any new strain.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11843 on June 18, 2021, 04:43:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Albie, I never said it was a given.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11844 on June 18, 2021, 06:46:44 pm by bpoolrover »
See the eu have lost in there court battle with AstraZeneca, no real surprise thou

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11845 on June 18, 2021, 07:07:45 pm by wilts rover »

I don't read the Guardian. Wilts. It is a bag of shite. I got the info from here..
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-long-does-immunity-last-after-covid-19-what-we-know

Yes BB. That's why you are ill-informed and posting stuff that is out of date.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11846 on June 18, 2021, 07:10:20 pm by wilts rover »

The question facing these countries is how do they then back out of the policy. There will be covid potentially forever, how do they open borders and accept it?

The vaccine(s). Drop the patents, increase production, get the world vaccinated. Only when everyone is safe - will everyone be safe.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11847 on June 18, 2021, 07:14:08 pm by drfchound »

The vaccine(s). Drop the patents, increase production, get the world vaccinated. Only when everyone is safe - will everyone be safe.

Wilts…….  :thumbsup:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11848 on June 18, 2021, 07:25:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Yes BB. That's why you are ill-informed and posting stuff that is out of date.
Yes Wilts. By all means, carry on thinking you're right if you think it will get you somewhere, although your one-sided, lefty biased, anti-government tunnel vision hasn't got you anywhere so far.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11849 on June 18, 2021, 09:56:59 pm by drfchound »
The most recent available set infection rate figures for Doncaster are 44 per 100,000 which lower than the regional or National averages.
Minimal hospitalisation over the same period of 6th to 12th June.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012