Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860598 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13530 on September 03, 2021, 02:08:24 pm by bpoolrover »
Pfizer.

But we have got them and have even given them away, so not convinced that's the reason.

As far as I'm aware Australia has borrowed 4 million that are probably close to the expiry date and we will pay them back when we get our batch later, we have just done the same for a 0.5m with Singapore.
that's what I heard to, at least that puts to bed the theory we didn't have any vaccines for the children

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13531 on September 03, 2021, 03:37:50 pm by bpoolrover »
Vaccine has not been recommended for 12-15 year olds

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13532 on September 03, 2021, 10:49:10 pm by wilts rover »
Japanese PM to resign after failing to control covid outbreak:

https://www.ft.com/content/4578764f-dadb-49a4-8341-629a8106989e

Japan
Population - 127m
Covid deaths - 16,184

UK
Population - 67m
Covid deaths - 133,000

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13533 on September 03, 2021, 11:12:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Should the leaders of the 37 countries with a worse death record than Japan also resign, or just the UK's?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13534 on September 03, 2021, 11:24:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quite astonishingly, the JCVI has said today that its remit in deciding whether to vaccinate teens only extends to assessing whether there is any net benefit to the teens themselves. They are not taking into account whether vaccinating teens would have a huge benefit to the country as a whole.

The Govt has said that the CMOs may overrule the JCVI.

Which raises the question: why is this only coming out now?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13535 on September 04, 2021, 12:13:25 am by bpoolrover »
Quite astonishingly, the JCVI has said today that its remit in deciding whether to vaccinate teens only extends to assessing whether there is any net benefit to the teens themselves. They are not taking into account whether vaccinating teens would have a huge benefit to the country as a whole.

The Govt has said that the CMOs may overrule the JCVI.

Which raises the question: why is this only coming out now?
do you think they should overrule them?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13536 on September 04, 2021, 12:34:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes of course they should. And the bigger question is why this wasn't addressed two months ago if we actually did have the vaccines.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13537 on September 04, 2021, 06:52:56 am by bpoolrover »
Yes of course they should. And the bigger question is why this wasn't addressed two months ago if we actually did have the vaccines.
why of course they are experts in the field? How can they address it when the announcement was only made yesterday? Until yesterday you had a theory that the had run out of vaccines and were waiting till we got the next delivery then we're going to say it's fine to vaccinate them! Wherever your getting your information from does not seem very reliable

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13538 on September 04, 2021, 11:34:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The JCVI has been regularly making decisions on whether to vaccinate teens. This is the first time it has come to light that the ONLY criterion they are weighing up is whether the medical evidence says that the the effect on the teens themselves is net positive. It has not previously been announced that they are not considering other issues, like teens being key actors in spreading the virus, like school closures etc.

This is why we are two months behind Europe and America on vaccinating teens. If we DID have sufficient vaccines, this should have been addressed at the start of summer. Not now just as kids are going back to school.

But as you can easily check, we didn't have supplies.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cityam.com/pfizer-and-moderna-vaccine-supply-limits-pace-of-jab-rollout/amp/

Meanwhile, back in July, the JCVI was advising that the Pfizer vaccine was safe for teens but WASN'T advising that it should be generally used. And there wasn't a peep from Govt asking the CMOs for a second opinion.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-of-children-and-young-people-aged-12-to-17-years-jcvi-statement/jvci-statement-on-covid-19-vaccination-of-children-and-young-people-aged-12-to-17-years-15-july-2021

Do you think I make this shit up to win arguments?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 11:41:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13539 on September 04, 2021, 01:08:46 pm by drfchound »
Are there any parents of kids in the 11 to 15 group on here who would take their kids to be vaccinated.
It will be interesting to see who would and who wouldn’t.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13540 on September 04, 2021, 01:54:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Mine are younger than that but I do have nieces/nephews that age. If mine were that age I would imagine I'd be able to talk to them about it and see what they think. Kids that age aren't stupid.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #13541 on September 04, 2021, 07:15:09 pm by auckleyflyer »
No from me, their future childbearing years are ahead of them. I applaud those 18to 35ishers who have been vaccinated. I wouldn't put pressure on teens and early twenties at all.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13542 on September 04, 2021, 07:38:45 pm by selby »
  That's the trouble with you Billy, everyone that has a different opinion to you the subject descends into an argument instead of a discussion by byour own admission.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13543 on September 04, 2021, 08:45:58 pm by Ldr »
We should not be so selfish to push for vaccination of a group of people for whom any benefit is negligible. To do so is disgracefully insinuating they are worth less than us

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13544 on September 04, 2021, 09:31:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

The JCVI have said that the balance of COVID protection Vs risk of side effects in teens is a slight positive. Meanwhile, teens being vaccinated reduces the likelihood of their education being interrupted.

In light of that, how is it selfish or disgraceful to want teens to be vaccinated?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13545 on September 04, 2021, 10:06:02 pm by Ldr »
Because if you were been honest, you want it for your benefit and the benefit of your age group not the teenagers. You are happy for them to be exposed to increased risk of infertility and heart issues to “protect” you and your ilk

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13546 on September 04, 2021, 11:08:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.
Nope. I'm wanting it to help them by helping the country as a whole recover as quickly as possible. Which will help their future prospects.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13547 on September 04, 2021, 11:30:19 pm by SydneyRover »
  That's the trouble with you Billy, everyone that has a different opinion to you the subject descends into an argument instead of a discussion by byour own admission.

the trouble with you selby is that you are too sensible, mature and so full of wisdom

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13548 on September 05, 2021, 08:12:43 am by Ldr »
Ldr.
Nope. I'm wanting it to help them by helping the country as a whole recover as quickly as possible. Which will help their future prospects.

In other words you want it for the benefit of others not 100% then. You are prepared to put the young at greater risk for others benefit.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13549 on September 05, 2021, 09:03:02 am by selby »
 Syd, I know, it's hard being me.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13550 on September 05, 2021, 09:51:28 am by SydneyRover »
Syd, I know, it's hard being me.

green?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13551 on September 05, 2021, 11:16:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

In other words you want it for the benefit of others not 100% then. You are prepared to put the young at greater risk for others benefit.

Yes. I'm a selfish psychopath who is prepared to sacrifice children for my own benefit.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13552 on September 05, 2021, 12:14:36 pm by Ldr »
Ldr.

Yes. I'm a selfish psychopath who is prepared to sacrifice children for my own benefit.

You are coming across a bit like that (minus the psychopath) though in what you say

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13553 on September 05, 2021, 07:41:44 pm by bpoolrover »
Numbers not to bad at the min as a lot of the schools have began testing and there are 200k plus more test being done

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13554 on September 06, 2021, 05:33:20 pm by drfchound »
Interesting situation in Brazil.
The match between Brazil and Argentina has been called off after a few minutes due to Argentina not following protocol when Brazilian officials objected to three of their starting team being included.
Under Brazilian rules anyone who has been in the UK in the fourteen days before arriving there should quarantine for fourteen days on arrival.
The Brazilian health agency said that four of the Argentine players gave false information and failed to comply with local laws.
I wonder that indicates that Argentina have fielded ineligible players and what, if any, punishment will be going their way.
Maybe award the win to Brazil or even expel Argentina from the competition.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13555 on September 06, 2021, 06:10:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Numbers not to bad at the min as a lot of the schools have began testing and there are 200k plus more test being done

Early days.

Most schools are staging return this week. My youngest doesn't even go in for a return-to-school test until Wednesday. And then it takes several days before all the results are reported.

Meanwhile, Monday usually sees the lowest number of new cases reported each week. But we've had 41,000 new cases today. That's up 50% on the figure three weeks ago.

I suspect we are going to see a very big increase in cases over the next week and a half. That will give a clearer view as to the extent of the problem. But what really matters is whether mixing kids again, with zero social distancing, kicks off another cycle of infecting the wider population and leading to more older/vulnerable people getting bad doses. We won't really know that for a month or so.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13556 on September 06, 2021, 07:05:32 pm by bpoolrover »
Hopefully a fair few have already had it out of 20 in my lads football squad of around 20 there is only 2 that have not had it and most of his other friends have 2, that might not be the same everywhere of course

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13557 on September 06, 2021, 07:08:34 pm by bpoolrover »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13558 on September 06, 2021, 07:33:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Early days.

Most schools are staging return this week. My youngest doesn't even go in for a return-to-school test until Wednesday. And then it takes several days before all the results are reported.

Meanwhile, Monday usually sees the lowest number of new cases reported each week. But we've had 41,000 new cases today. That's up 50% on the figure three weeks ago.

I suspect we are going to see a very big increase in cases over the next week and a half. That will give a clearer view as to the extent of the problem. But what really matters is whether mixing kids again, with zero social distancing, kicks off another cycle of infecting the wider population and leading to more older/vulnerable people getting bad doses. We won't really know that for a month or so.

Round here most of the testing was done last week, that's probably reflected in the cases somewhat.

In fact number of tests is up 20% last week.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13559 on September 06, 2021, 08:01:29 pm by bpoolrover »
Was the same here bfyp did last Friday and again today

TinyPortal © 2005-2012