Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860470 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13680 on September 28, 2021, 09:13:44 pm by SydneyRover »
Dying for someone happy to stand and watch it happen.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13681 on September 29, 2021, 03:14:50 pm by Axholme Lion »
Has anyone on here had a cold of late?
Had a sore throat, coughing up green and achy legs and joints. Both me and Mrs A. Not covid though. Maybe everyone's immunity is down after all the isolation and sanitzation?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13682 on September 29, 2021, 03:48:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yep. Yet another consequence as a result of illegal and ludicrous lockdowns sadly and nobody bothering to do a cost / benefit analysis of any restrictive measure introduced.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13683 on September 29, 2021, 05:53:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yep. Yet another consequence as a result of illegal and ludicrous lockdowns sadly and nobody bothering to do a cost / benefit analysis of any restrictive measure introduced.

Here's your cost benefit.

Due to lockdowns, Axholme's feeling a bit poorly. On the other hand, 300,000 British people who would have died in Spring 2020 without the lockdown are still alive.

Tough call int it?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13684 on September 29, 2021, 06:15:01 pm by ravenrover »
Has anyone on here had a cold of late?
Had a sore throat, coughing up green and achy legs and joints. Both me and Mrs A. Not covid though. Maybe everyone's immunity is down after all the isolation and sanitzation?
Yes, the grandkids have gone back to school. Nearly 3 weeks now and it is just starting to clear up
We give them hugs they give us bugs!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13685 on September 30, 2021, 07:49:50 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Due to lockdowns, Axholme's feeling a bit poorly. On the other hand, 300,000 British people who would have died in Spring 2020 without the lockdown are still alive.

Tough call int it?

It really isn't.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #13686 on October 01, 2021, 03:00:19 pm by no eyed deer »

Tough call int it?

Billy you have got your figures wrong before ?

You blame Brexit for everything and never lockdowns.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13687 on October 02, 2021, 06:03:59 pm by bpoolrover »
I wonder how accurate some other countries actual cases figures are, was looking at Germany and Spain and they have very low numbers between 2 and 5k cases but are testing millions less people each week just seems strange how few they test

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13688 on October 02, 2021, 06:19:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If you have a very small outbreak, there aren't many people with symptoms seeking tests

We have had a very large outbreak for 5 months. Most of our positive tests have come from people who have been symptomatic and have sought tests.

Of course the real clincher in the argument that the lower case numbers in Europe is a genuine indicator that they really have smaller outbreaks is that they are seeing many, many fewers deaths than us.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13689 on October 02, 2021, 07:16:05 pm by bpoolrover »
If you have a very small outbreak, there aren't many people with symptoms seeking tests

We have had a very large outbreak for 5 months. Most of our positive tests have come from people who have been symptomatic and have sought tests.

Of course the real clincher in the argument that the lower case numbers in Europe is a genuine indicator that they really have smaller outbreaks is that they are seeing many, many fewers deaths than us.
your right to a point but in Spain when there was 38k cases they only did 250k tests which is 750k below what we do no here so not sure how that works? Germany 28k cases 201k tests
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 07:18:15 pm by bpoolrover »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13690 on October 03, 2021, 07:29:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

As mentioned many times though there's no standard criteria for a covid death thus you can't compare using just that.

Excess deaths tell us something, agree with that but the point was made very well that moreso now with milder symptoms covid presence shouldn't mean covid death.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13691 on October 03, 2021, 02:02:25 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Cretinous Sajid Javid sticking his oar in again about some England footballers who haven't yet had the vaccine.

'Help protect yourself and those around you'

Jurgen Klopp is also getting in on the act of telling everyone what do based on inaccurate information.

Klopp was quoted as saying he took the jab to protect himself and 'to protect those all around me'.

Someone tell these dumb arses that a doubly vaccinated person can still catch the virus and pass it on.

Until that changes then these bozos who are virtue signalling to get others vaccinated to 'protect others' when it doesn't even achieve that, need to f**k off.

There's a reason why these footballers don't want the jab Sajid. It is pretty simple. It is because they don't want it!! Accept it and piss off.

I can get on an plane tomorrow without being tested so long as i'm fully jabbed. If i unknowingly have Covid when i get on the plane then i can unwittingly spread it to others on the same plane. Yet if i don't have a jab and do a test, then i'm safer as an unvaccinated person on that plane that those on it who may have Covid but who have just been let on without a test due to being double jabbed.

The whole thing is an absolute nonsense. I gave in trying to appease stupid people a long time ago.

Pretty simple really. If the vaccine stops transmission or stops you getting Covid then there is a valid reason to try and get as many people jabbed. Until that day, these tossers in the media need to do one.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 02:12:27 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13692 on October 03, 2021, 05:55:24 pm by ravenrover »
Not forgetting that the same jabbed people will then pass Covid onto you on the plane which because you are unjabbed could be fatal, but hey you had a test beforehand

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13693 on October 03, 2021, 07:09:29 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not forgetting that the same jabbed people will then pass Covid onto you on the plane which because you are unjabbed could be fatal, but hey you had a test beforehand

Isn't that my funeral though? It is not anybody else's is it?

Ludicrous comment that is completely irrelevant to the safety of others. Which is what the post was trying to highlight.

Newsflash. Double jabbed people also die with the virus.

I'd rather worry about getting cancer than Covid. At least with Covid you'll be straight in the hospital and not left to rot or left to crowdfund for your own survival thanks to the useless NHS.

I've had the vaccine btw. Just vehemently against vaccine passports, biased mainstream media, wokery, lack of common sense, lying politicians, compromised health professionals, reliance on behavioural scientists to encourage compliance and manipulate the public through fearmongering, and mass hysteria within the general populace.

Oh and not forgetting all this virtue signalling bullshit about 'protecting others' when we are the most selfish species that ever lived.

I didn't see anybody offering to put just a tenners worth of fuel in their tank last week so they could let me have some too. No, they filled up their tank. I didn't see anyone offering me some bog roll and some bags of pasta last year when people were emerging from the supermarkets with trolley fulls of the stuff. No, they cleared the shelves and stockpiled the stuff. I didn't see anyone under the age of about 50 forming a stampede to their GP's door before Covid, desperately begging to have the flu jab to 'protect others'. No, they went to pubs and clubs with flu and then took the bus home, passed the flu onto others on the bus who then probably passed it onto elderly relatives etc who may have been ill or even died as result. Yet nobody batted an eyelid.

I didn't see anyone offering up their hastily arranged home food delivery slot last year with the arrival of Covid so that less abled and housebound vulnerable people could actually eat. No, they booked them all up through fear despite having no vulnerabilities or disabilities at all and left these people to struggle.

So, we are supposed to have the vaccine to protect these f**kwits are we?

If everyone admits it. We are all selfish when it comes to fighting for resources yet pretend to care about others when it suits. Holier than thou nonsense.

The reason why most have had the jab is because they are frightened or they mistakenly believe the virus can be stopped if others have the jab, thus protecting them. Again, selfishness.

It's laughable.

Get the jab or not. Get the virus or not. One we have a choice about and rightly so. The other we don't and need to accept reality and acquire some critical thinking skills.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 08:02:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13694 on October 03, 2021, 09:35:21 pm by SydneyRover »
You missed out religion

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13695 on October 04, 2021, 10:09:43 am by ravenrover »
"Ludicrous comment that is completely irrelevant to the safety of others. Which is what the post was trying to highlight."

Isn't my comment exactly what you were trying to highlight but just from a different perspective? Which doesn"t happen to concur with your views

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13696 on October 04, 2021, 11:23:57 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
What is the differing perspective?

Jabs are there to protect the person having the jab from severe disease. They don't protect others (jabbed or not) from catching it or spreading it.

There is no differing perspective. These are the facts. Therefore vaccine passports are not required.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong unfortunately. Which of course means, i am right. I'm happy to reconsider upon the facts changing naturally.

Such as if the vaccine stopped people catching Covid or spreading it. Then we would have something tangible to use that backs up the 'protect others' mantra and the arguments for vaccines and vaccine passports then become a matter for consideration. They aren't currently.

It is the same now with jabs in schools for 12 - 15 year olds. Not based on the only premise that could justify such an action, which is - does my child need the vaccine for their own health? Now it is based upon the premise that my child won't miss school if she has the jab. Which is a political decision and not one made on public health grounds.

In the media the other day we had the usual media fearmongering about a 15 year old girl with no underlying conditions dying with Covid related myocarditis as a result of the virus, on the day she was due to get her vaccine.

They don't tell you that there are hundreds of thousands of teenagers who have already had Covid and not died or needed hospital treatment. The odds of this happening to a child are so remote that it isn't worth the time of day worrying about it. Yet because one girl died, which is a tragedy of course, then they make out as though we all need to get our kids jabbed. They can f**k off with that one. Anyone jabs my kid without my consent and i'll give them the shovel.

They also don't mention that children die of flu also, just we don't hear about it. They also don't mention that people of all ages can have undiagnosed heart issues, such as Christian Eriksen of course and often it takes a tragedy for this to be discovered. Therefore the coroners report of this poor girl who died may indeed throw up an undiagnosed predisposition to suffering the worst of any respiratory virus.

There are so many different perspectives to many things but not about the vaccine for adults and passports. For this, there is no differing perspective - because the virus can still be caught and spread regardless of vaccination status.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13697 on October 04, 2021, 11:39:32 am by SydneyRover »
CDH, not quite true, being vaccinated reduces your viral load and therefore reduces by a small amount how much you pass on by exhaling.

Being vaccinated reduces the severity of the disease in most people.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13698 on October 04, 2021, 11:53:52 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
CDH, not quite true, being vaccinated reduces your viral load and therefore reduces by a small amount how much you pass on by exhaling.

Being vaccinated reduces the severity of the disease in most people.

Agree with that Sydney. I do accept that the viral load is slightly decreased but it is essentially semantics as it is not sufficient enough to prevent the mass spread of the virus that people are looking for should we wish to return to a fully 'normal' life free of restrictions.

People should instead focus on battling their own risk aversion and working on accepting we not only  have an endemic virus, but the fact that they cannot force others into taking a medical intervention that they do not wish to.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 11:56:26 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13699 on October 04, 2021, 04:30:08 pm by ravenrover »
Quick expansion from getting on a plane with just a test!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13700 on October 04, 2021, 04:47:41 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Quick expansion from getting on a plane with just a test!

Just what the f**k are you on about?! Communicate clearly and effectively or don't engage. It's tiresome.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13701 on October 04, 2021, 05:15:25 pm by ravenrover »
Just look back at your posts my dear fellow

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13702 on October 04, 2021, 05:24:48 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The original point was that even if someone was unvaccinated but took a test before embarking on a plane journey, if that test was negative then they would be a lot safer to the rest of the passengers than the double jabbed, some of which may have Covid unknowingly and thus spread it on the plane.

The upshot is that vaccine passports are not a mechanism for public health but for control and data mining.

As this is a thread about Coronavirus in general, i took the opportunity to also highlight some other areas Covid related.

If there is an issue with this then please do let me know and i can try and see where you are coming from Raven.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13703 on October 04, 2021, 07:20:01 pm by ravenrover »
A test 72 hours in advance of boarding a plane does not mean that by the time that person boards the plane he/she hasn't come into contact with someone with Covid and can put those others including double jabbed or pre flight tested at risk. Conversely being double jabbed does not mean you cannot be a carrier also putting others at risk. In my opinion the test is as good as an MOT valid at the time it was given. I don't accept that taking a test makes you any safer and means that you cannot subsequently become a carrier  Those are the points I am taking issue with nothing to do with any of your subsequent posts,
Any clearer?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13704 on October 04, 2021, 07:42:40 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yes. Thanks Raven. I accept your points about the advance testing not being a guarantee that someone does not have Covid when boarding a flight.

Therefore my point generally still stands that unvaxxed or vaxxed regardless of testing. It really doesn't matter because either can still catch and spread the virus and thus no requirement for vaccine passports.

In my opinion vaccine passports and testing are not required, but obviously anyone doing a test just prior to boarding a plane, as opposed to up to 72 hours before will be a safer passenger than untested vaccinated passengers. I'm not sure if that even happens though and, like you say, it can be days after the test is done that someone actually gets on the plane.

Just scrap it all and get back to normal is the most sensible way forward.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13705 on October 04, 2021, 08:40:31 pm by ravenrover »
Lovely!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13706 on October 04, 2021, 08:46:36 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Jubbly?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13707 on October 05, 2021, 05:42:24 pm by bpoolrover »
The numbers are looking quite good at the minute, unfortunately deaths are still bit high and any death is horrible but at least they are coming down as are hospital admissions, the had predicted between 2k and 7k in hospital by the end of October and not sure that will be the case

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13708 on October 05, 2021, 06:07:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
But all trending down again.  Yet again the huge end of world predicted hasn't arrived.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13709 on October 06, 2021, 09:07:40 am by Axholme Lion »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012