Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:47:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860303 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13710 on October 06, 2021, 09:13:56 am by SydneyRover »
But all trending down again.  Yet again the huge end of world predicted hasn't arrived.

Yep pud the families of the 800 a week that have been dying are over the moon.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13711 on October 06, 2021, 09:26:57 am by bpoolrover »
But all trending down again.  Yet again the huge end of world predicted hasn't arrived.

do you not think it's a positive thing that's numbers are coming down or would you rather the predictions were right?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13712 on October 06, 2021, 09:39:09 am by SydneyRover »

do you not think it's a positive thing that's numbers are coming down or would you rather the predictions were right?

Yes I am happy that the numbers are coming down.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13713 on October 06, 2021, 10:49:55 am by SydneyRover »
Forecasts are from modelling, everyone by now should understand that bit and the various models give various forecasts. I just think people forget they are talking about people's lives.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13714 on October 06, 2021, 03:19:15 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I think your figures are a little 'out'.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13715 on October 06, 2021, 03:43:10 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
West Brom forward Callum Robinson the latest player to refuse the vaccine. Based on the simple fact that he doesn't want it. Shock horror.

I accept your decision Callum. No skin off my nose. Millions of vaccine zealots won't though so fair play. A brave decision to speak out and be honest.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13716 on October 06, 2021, 04:25:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I think your figures are a little 'out'.

They are. It's been closer to 1000 for most of the past 6 weeks.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13717 on October 06, 2021, 06:15:54 pm by bpoolrover »
Unfortunately people are going to die of this now and there is not really much we can do,
If they caught the flu the same result might well have happened for the very frail

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13718 on October 06, 2021, 06:35:20 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

People die it's part of life. A normal level of deaths is an acceptable part of life.  Or do we go for no deaths and lockdown forever?

Life's pretty normal over here in the UK, not many really grumbling about that at all.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13719 on October 06, 2021, 07:50:51 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
This bad cold that is going around at the moment. Have we got a vaccine for it? If not, why not? Why is there not a clamour to get a vaccine for this nasty cold that might kill old people that is going around?

Sarcasm yes but point made.

Viruses circulate all the time yet we aren't sticking needles in our arms every 2 minutes, testing within an inch of our lives and wetting the bed constantly, although that COULD be incontinence.  ;)

Get on with life. Ignore Mr Covid. He's just another virus chucked into the mixer.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13720 on October 06, 2021, 07:52:16 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

People die it's part of life. A normal level of deaths is an acceptable part of life.  Or do we go for no deaths and lockdown forever?

Life's pretty normal over here in the UK, not many really grumbling about that at all.

Totally agree. Common sense approach not taken over by mass hysteria. Thought i was the only one that thought this way.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13721 on October 06, 2021, 08:19:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This bad cold that is going around at the moment. Have we got a vaccine for it? If not, why not? Why is there not a clamour to get a vaccine for this nasty cold that might kill old people that is going around?

Sarcasm yes but point made.

Viruses circulate all the time yet we aren't sticking needles in our arms every 2 minutes, testing within an inch of our lives and wetting the bed constantly, although that COULD be incontinence.  ;)

Get on with life. Ignore Mr Covid. He's just another virus chucked into the mixer.

Have you been living under a rock this past 18 months?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13722 on October 06, 2021, 08:32:05 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
No. Covid is just another virus. Accept and move on. No need for tests, vaccines (unless you wish to), vaccine passports, isolation or any other form of restriction.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13723 on October 06, 2021, 08:36:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Do you know just any other virus that's killed 1000 people a day in this country?

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #13724 on October 07, 2021, 08:38:51 am by KeithMyath »
We are obviously in a better place than we were 6/7 months ago. But can anyone give a reason as to why we still have such a high mortality rate compared to our European neighbours. Spain, France, Netherlands, Germany, Italy etc all have far fewer deaths from Covid than we do. For ever 100 people who die in the uk from Covid only 57 die in mainland Europe. It’s not the vaccinations, although most of these countries have slightly more fully vaccinated people. Our nhs although underfunded isn’t under undue pressure. So why are we still so bad?

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #13725 on October 07, 2021, 08:39:52 am by KeithMyath »
We are obviously in a better place than we were 6/7 months ago. But can anyone give a reason as to why we still have such a high mortality rate compared to our European neighbours. Spain, France, Netherlands, Germany, Italy etc all have far fewer deaths from Covid than we do. For ever 100 people who die in the uk from Covid only 57 die in mainland Europe. It’s not the vaccinations, although most of these countries have slightly more fully vaccinated people. Our nhs although underfunded isn’t under undue pressure. So why are we still so bad? And why do we just accept it…..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13726 on October 07, 2021, 09:25:14 am by drfchound »
We are obviously in a better place than we were 6/7 months ago. But can anyone give a reason as to why we still have such a high mortality rate compared to our European neighbours. Spain, France, Netherlands, Germany, Italy etc all have far fewer deaths from Covid than we do. For ever 100 people who die in the uk from Covid only 57 die in mainland Europe. It’s not the vaccinations, although most of these countries have slightly more fully vaccinated people. Our nhs although underfunded isn’t under undue pressure. So why are we still so bad?

Do all countries use the same criteria for reporting deaths from covid.
That would make a difference to the figures.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13727 on October 07, 2021, 09:49:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Because as a matter of policy, we have encouraged a very big outbreak over the summer. No other European country has accepted 30-40,000 new infections per day as a baseline.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13728 on October 07, 2021, 10:46:35 am by bpoolrover »
As far as actual numbers at the minute are high ive just got back from Spain and you can see why the numbers are lower as everywhere has masks still and you can't dance in the pubs ect so there still quite restricted once they take them restrictions off I'm sure the numbers will rise again somewhat, but they at the minute have the added advantage that you can sit outside bars and restaurants as it 25 degrees and sunny most days, Britain has decided that is not possible in this country and if masks were still worn ect then the hospitality industry will have gone by now, we are also testing far more millions more a week than most if not all of Europe so we're bound to have higher numbers

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13729 on October 07, 2021, 12:04:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Do you know just any other virus that's killed 1000 people a day in this country?

Allegedly. Based on lateral flow devices that do not detect actual Covid but detect viral fragments and bacterial fragments of any pathogen. Not necessarily Covid. Based on lateral flow devices that have a high rate of inaccuracy. Based on deaths from ANY cause within 28 days of a POSITIVE TEST. NOT within 28 days of actually having COVID.

Based on PCR tests that some hospital trusts according to various FOI requests are processing the tests at the wrong cycle rate and thus producing a high error rate.

So many errors and discrepancies in testing that the actual figures we are fed aren't worth anything.

Say today they release the figures and there are 35,000 new cases. Well this is not true. There are people walking around with Covid who don't have symptoms therefore they won't be tested. There are people with mild symptoms who don't get tested. These sets of people could be hundreds and hundreds of thousands, yet they don't get tested so we will never know.

The virus could kill 10,000 a day. The solution is still to get on with normal life as there is no alternative. Can't believe we are 18 months in and many still haven't worked this out yet.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:09:05 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13730 on October 07, 2021, 12:32:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This argument that deaths might not have been due to COVID is like a zombie. Doesn't matter how many times you kill it, it just keeps coming back.

The fact is that in 2020, we had 15% more deaths than the five year average. If that wasn't due to COVID, then you need an explanation of why 75,000 more people than expected died in 2020.

Next stage of the deniers' argument is that, yes we had a lot of excess deaths, but those people didn't die not from COVID They died because they couldn't get hospital treatment. But the main  reason people couldn't get hospital treatment is that hospitals were struggling to cope with the number of people with severe COVID symptoms. And tens of thousands of these excess deaths were of people who had either tested positive for COVID, or who had doctors put COVID as a suspected cause of death on the death certificate. So claiming that those people DIDN'T die of COVID requires you to believe that everyone is in on a conspiracy to bullshit and frighten us all. The testers, the nurses, the doctors, the statisticians - everyone.

The next stage of the argument is to accept that, OK, those people who died HAD COVID, but they didn't die OF COVID. They were at death's door anyway. It's the co-morbidities argument, or the low hanging fruit argument. It says that all COVID did was to accelerate deaths that would have happened anyway. Well yes, every preventable death is an acceleration of a death that would happen eventually. The question is, by how much has the life been cut short.We have clear evidence on that from the ONS. One average, each COVID death has shortened the life of the victim by 10.2 years. So accepting this argument basically says you're fine with those people dying, because they would have died in 10.2 years anyway. I challenge anyone to speak to their parent, or grandparent or elderly neighbour of, say 80 year of age and tell them that if they die tomorrow, it's no big deal because they would die at 90 on average anyway.

The next stage of the argument is to refuse to accept that ONS figure and claim they are wrong or deliberately misleading us. To insist that the "low hanging fruit" really WERE at death's door and COVID just pushed them through. If that was the case, those people who died in 2020 would not have made it through 2021 anyway. So their death was brought forward. But in that case, the surge in excess deaths that came in 2020 would inevitably be followed by a REDUCTION in excess deaths in 2021. Because there were fewer people than normal to die of "natural causes" because they'd gone a few months earlier. But that drop in excess deaths hasn't happened. At all.

The final argument is to accept all that and say "But lockdowns have been worse than COVID. We should have just accepted what COVID would have done and got on with our lives." Anyone who says that we should have just accepted 10,000 people dying a day and got on with out lives is a) morally bankrupt b) someone who has never considered what that level of catastrophe does to the working of society and c) someone who has never looked at the facts that countries which locked down earliest and hardest have had both the lowest number of COVID deaths AND the lowest economic and social hit, because they controlled the virus and could relax measures earlier.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13731 on October 07, 2021, 12:40:39 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I'm not a denier. I'm not an anti vaxxer.

I am a realist.

There is a virus that kills a small number of people relative to the population.

People can have vaccines if they so wish that might stop them getting ill.

The end.

Normality resumed.

There is no 100% certainty about anything in life yet people are going around wanting it. They are crackers.

Move on and forget about it.

For a dose of realism, look up George Carlin germs on youtube and laugh at the inability of the human race to accept reality.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:58:51 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13732 on October 07, 2021, 01:10:39 pm by Axholme Lion »

I am a realist.

There is a virus that kills a small number of people relative to the population.

The end.

Normality resumed.

There is no 100% certainty about anything in life yet people are going around wanting it. They are crackers.

For a dose of realism, look up George Carlin germs on youtube and laugh at the inability of the human race to accept reality.

I've been saying this for ages. I didn't really want the jab to begin with but i have had it, now i need to live my life. Life goes on, people are born then at some point they die.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13733 on October 07, 2021, 01:29:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's a virus which would have, if left to its own devices, killed almost as many people in 6 weeks as normally die in a year. Apart from the moral outrage of allowing that to happen, as you say we should (half a million lives each cut short by 10 years), normal society cannot operate in those circumstances. Look at how an unmitigated outbreak in just one medium sized city in Italy last year overwhelmed the health service of an entire region and the mortuary system of most of Northern Italy. I have relatives in a city 150 miles from Bergamo. They were having corpses from Bergamo driven into their city for incineration.

Multiply that up to the scale of a whole country and see if you are still relaxed about this alternative history that you haven't had to face.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13734 on October 07, 2021, 02:07:25 pm by Axholme Lion »
It's a virus which would have, if left to its own devices, killed almost as many people in 6 weeks as normally die in a year. Apart from the moral outrage of allowing that to happen, as you say we should (half a million lives each cut short by 10 years), normal society cannot operate in those circumstances. Look at how an unmitigated outbreak in just one medium sized city in Italy last year overwhelmed the health service of an entire region and the mortuary system of most of Northern Italy. I have relatives in a city 150 miles from Bergamo. They were having corpses from Bergamo driven into their city for incineration.

Multiply that up to the scale of a whole country and see if you are still relaxed about this alternative history that you haven't had to face.

We are overpopulated as it is.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13735 on October 07, 2021, 03:40:58 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I am a realist.

The end.

Normality resumed.

I've been saying this for ages. I didn't really want the jab to begin with but i have had it, now i need to live my life. Life goes on, people are born then at some point they die.

Good stuff Axholme. I've had one jab and refused the second. Won't be having any more jabs and will forfeit travel etc in order to preserve the memories of all those true heroes (not over exaggerated ones in the NHS like we are led to believe in today's media hype) that fought in the world wars for our freedoms. Men, women and kids who fought for us to be able to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy today and who experienced REAL TERROR. Not just a virus that doesn't affect 99.9% of people. These people who are pro vaccine passport are pissing all over the graves of their relatives who gave up so much for them and they just can't see it. Dumb assholes.

People in the war experienced real fear and many died to give us our freedoms that most are simply handing back the state on a plate. Sick and i won't be a part of it.

If i get ill with Covid then i go to hospital and they treat me. Because that is what the NHS is for. Like they treat alcoholics, people who live off McDonalds, people who smoke 40 a day, people who go climbing up Blencathra in shorts and t-shirt using a phone to navigate, people who drive their cars too fast and end up in an accident. No matter what the self inflicted damage, the NHS are there to protect and treat us. Not the other way around. The NHS is treated like some religious cult that can't be criticised, when in actual fact it is a dyfunctional pile of horse shit that fails thousands of people every day who don't have a choice.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 03:46:26 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13736 on October 07, 2021, 04:35:34 pm by Axholme Lion »

I am a realist.

The end.

Normality resumed.

Good stuff Axholme. I've had one jab and refused the second. Won't be having any more jabs and will forfeit travel etc in order to preserve the memories of all those true heroes (not over exaggerated ones in the NHS like we are led to believe in today's media hype) that fought in the world wars for our freedoms. Men, women and kids who fought for us to be able to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy today and who experienced REAL TERROR. Not just a virus that doesn't affect 99.9% of people. These people who are pro vaccine passport are pissing all over the graves of their relatives who gave up so much for them and they just can't see it. Dumb assholes.

People in the war experienced real fear and many died to give us our freedoms that most are simply handing back the state on a plate. Sick and i won't be a part of it.

If i get ill with Covid then i go to hospital and they treat me. Because that is what the NHS is for. Like they treat alcoholics, people who live off McDonalds, people who smoke 40 a day, people who go climbing up Blencathra in shorts and t-shirt using a phone to navigate, people who drive their cars too fast and end up in an accident. No matter what the self inflicted damage, the NHS are there to protect and treat us. Not the other way around. The NHS is treated like some religious cult that can't be criticised, when in actual fact it is a dyfunctional pile of horse shit that fails thousands of people every day who don't have a choice.

Totally agree regarding the quasi religious status of the NHS. No criticism allowed, but happy to cream off discount at the supermarket while everyone else is paying through the nose. They CHOSE to work in health care so don't start crying when you have to do what you're paid for, rather than doing dance routines on Tiktok.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13737 on October 07, 2021, 05:27:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Come on lads. Get it all out. All that bile that's been building up inside. You'll feel much better when it is all out.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13738 on October 07, 2021, 06:01:07 pm by Nudga »
Midazolam.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13739 on October 07, 2021, 07:30:52 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Come on lads. Get it all out. All that bile that's been building up inside. You'll feel much better when it is all out.

Not me unfortunately. I have BPD so i always feel like this.

The NHS is a business. It pays doctors and nurses to do a job, jobs for which they applied for with nobody holding a gun to their heads. Their jobs are to to look after people who need hospital treatment and who get ill.

If the armed forces in a combat situation turned around and said we're not fighting this weekend Sergeant as we don't do weekends (like GP's have done during the pandemic) or refused on the basis that they don't want to get shot at, which is kind of one of the obvious risks of the job, as contracting a viral illness from a patient is for a GP. 

The NHS are a shambles but i fully support all the nurses and doctors who won't be forced into having a vaccine in order to keep their jobs. They need to go straight to legal action. My two eldest both work in hospitals for the NHS, one at DRI and the other at Darlo.

Whilst the bile is flowing, all these holier than thou virtue signallers who keep banging on about how medical staff must be jabbed.

So what would these cretins do if they took ill with a heart attack and the ambulance arrived with unvaccinated paramedics? Refuse their help and die?

Some people don't think things through do they? Because they are stupid.

If i was dying of a heart attack, the vaccination status of the medical team sent to save my life would be kind of a side issue.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 07:48:48 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012