Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:00:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860724 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13950 on October 15, 2021, 11:24:30 am by bpoolrover »
Sorry you are right I was looking at the complete wrong thing

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13951 on October 15, 2021, 12:06:58 pm by ravenrover »
The slight uptick in cases is a worry, the question is what rate that growth continues or stops.

Of course the 2 week half term in Doncaster starts this weekend so that should naturally help.  I see the point on masks, does that need government to mandate it?  We all have a choice and are aware of the facts so are all aware of the risks.  Indeed how many of us will wear one at the game tomorrow?
I will for one even when queueing to get in, as I have at all the games I've attended

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13952 on October 15, 2021, 05:58:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sorry you are right I was looking at the complete wrong thing

No problem. I've ballsed up myself in the past looking at wrong data. It happens.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13953 on October 16, 2021, 07:31:02 pm by wilts rover »
https://www.ft.com/content/34582534-4510-4d45-bcba-2f9e04005309?sharetype=blocked

In other news - every ambulance service in the country is reporting a black alert. With queues of up to 20 ambulances at some hospitals:

https://twitter.com/doctor_oxford/status/1449361355983790084

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13954 on October 16, 2021, 10:41:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Wilts, why didn't you show this graph to us between April and June?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13955 on October 16, 2021, 10:45:18 pm by SydneyRover »
Or December and March? because it's being tricky with the truth.

A graph could have been shown at ant time, the results across that period were certainly discussed, a graph of the period may have in fact been shown.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 10:50:30 pm by SydneyRover »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13956 on October 16, 2021, 11:56:26 pm by River Don »
Criticise before it and you're alarmist.

Criticise during it and you're not patriotic.

Criticise after it and it's all hindsight.

When is the right time to be critical?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13957 on October 17, 2021, 12:34:53 am by River Don »
40,000+ infections a day
7,000+ in hospital
150 dying every day

It's like it's normal. It's not normal.

We've got to live with it. What does that even mean? Pretend it's not happening?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13958 on October 17, 2021, 02:22:11 am by SydneyRover »
people are dying to hear johnson's next slogan

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13959 on October 17, 2021, 02:49:03 am by scawsby steve »
40,000+ infections a day
7,000+ in hospital
150 dying every day

We've got to live with it. What does that even mean? Pretend it's not happening?

We have to live with cancer, RD, and lots of other things that the scientists can't fathom.

Most of us have had our jabs. What else can we do but live with it?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13960 on October 17, 2021, 05:11:58 am by SydneyRover »
Steve, living with covid could also mean dying on the waiting list.

900 + covid patients admitted each day.

The hosp system has had funding reduced over many years to the point where to get elected johnson promised 50,000 nurses, this was well before covid.

850 medical and care staff have died due to covid, the system is stretched.

''Record 5.7m people in England waiting for hospital treatment
Waiting list rising by 100,000 a month as NHS battles to clear backlog exacerbated by Covid crisis''

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/oct/14/record-england-waiting-list-nhs-hospital-treatment-covid-crisis

UK nurses do not qualify to be high tech, high pay workers apparently.

On top of this Victoria is recruiting staff.

''Victoria will recruit 1,000 overseas healthcare workers to support its healthcare system, as the state records 1,466 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases and eight more deaths''

Mr Foley also announced a $255 million investment to support healthcare workers over the coming weeks.

It includes an allowance of up $60 per shift for patient-facing workers as part of hospital surge measures.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/victoria-to-recruit-overseas-healthcare-workers-to-help-with-covid-19-outbreak/381df855-33b8-490e-ab5b-04d94170c417

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13961 on October 17, 2021, 07:50:35 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

What's your definition of this Sydney?  How much extra would you pay a nurse?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13962 on October 17, 2021, 08:40:34 am by SydneyRover »

What's your definition of this Sydney?  How much extra would you pay a nurse?

As a starting point their pay should not go backwards, agreed?

If nurses accept the government offer they would have fallen in real terms by 7% + since 2010, do you think that is fair?

When I read your reply , I'll decide whether it's worth engaging further.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13963 on October 17, 2021, 09:36:22 am by Bentley Bullet »

Posters are rebuked on the football forum for only posting negatives when stats suit their agenda but go quiet when they don't.

This is EXACTLY the same thing occurring on here.

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #13964 on October 17, 2021, 09:53:05 am by KeithMyath »

Posters are rebuked on the football forum for only posting negatives when stats suit their agenda but go quiet when they don't.

This is EXACTLY the same thing occurring on here.

If we are talking about being critical about this government, when has it being going well to go quiet?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13965 on October 17, 2021, 10:02:35 am by wilts rover »

Plenty of other posters did that BB, didn't need me to do it.

Looking at the graph and the story of the current situation in hospital A&E's togther BB - what do you think of the situation on 17th October 2021?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13966 on October 17, 2021, 11:22:52 am by bpoolrover »
Certainly things are a worry at the minute, what's the answer? The kids break up soon hopefully that will peg the numbers back at least for a few weeks

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13967 on October 17, 2021, 02:29:52 pm by Donnywolf »
Im sure things are worrying for some people but I just called at asda [Stainy] and only me 'n mrs wolfie were wearing masks

I estimate during the time from when we pulled up to when we left 100 people had gone in , or were in or came out .

So that's 2% wearing masks [with accompanying sniggers and stares] when 40000 cases a day are racking up so do people still think "it" wont happen to them.

Either way if another Lockdown comes will they feel any guilt whatsoever

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13968 on October 17, 2021, 02:47:02 pm by Filo »
Im sure things are worrying for some people but I just called at asda [Stainy] and only me 'n mrs wolfie were wearing masks

I estimate during the time from when we pulled up to when we left 100 people had gone in , or were in or came out .

So that's 2% wearing masks [with accompanying sniggers and stares] when 40000 cases a day are racking up so do people still think "it" wont happen to them.

Either way if another Lockdown comes will they feel any guilt whatsoever

Did you wear a mask at the game yesterday?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #13969 on October 17, 2021, 02:57:16 pm by BigH »
40,000+ infections a day
7,000+ in hospital
150 dying every day

We have to live with cancer, RD, and lots of other things that the scientists can't fathom.

Surely it's about living with it effectively SS?

Thankfully, due to medical advances, many people don't just live with cancer. They manage their lives and treatment effectively to create a quality of life.

We still have a third of the population in this country who haven't been jabbed and are totally exposed to this rampant disease. That's over 20 million people or a population almost equivalent to that of Australia.

So as a start, mandatory wearing of masks in public places, maintaining social distancing and working from home where possible are quick wins while we vaccinate millions more of our country men and women.

Only then can we truly start 'living' with this darn thing.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13970 on October 17, 2021, 03:30:01 pm by bpoolrover »
40,000+ infections a day
7,000+ in hospital
150 dying every day

Thankfully, due to medical advances, many people don't just live with cancer. They manage their lives and treatment effectively to create a quality of life.

We still have a third of the population in this country who haven't been jabbed and are totally exposed to this rampant disease. That's over 20 million people or a population almost equivalent to that of Australia.

So as a start, mandatory wearing of masks in public places, maintaining social distancing and working from home where possible are quick wins while we vaccinate millions more of our country men and women.

you are possibly right but it's not as simple as that, is there any point of doing that and then having 50k at football matches and pubs all full as that will defeat the object

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #13971 on October 17, 2021, 03:50:42 pm by BigH »
Agree bpool but those things are less of a quick win aren't they. There's serious money at stake and lots of vested interests which tells you what the real agenda is.

Having been to a couple of premier league games recently with 50k+ crowds there's no doubt in my mind that these are still super-spreader events. If I had my way they'd be having their capacities capped at 25% for the rest of this season.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 03:52:43 pm by BigH »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13972 on October 17, 2021, 04:12:45 pm by wilts rover »
If you look at the graph I posted and other info about case rates - what is it that the UK government knows that other countries don't, to allow cases, hospitalisations and deaths to be running so high?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13973 on October 17, 2021, 04:17:09 pm by bpoolrover »
Agree bpool but those things are less of a quick win aren't they. There's serious money at stake and lots of vested interests which tells you what the real agenda is.

Having been to a couple of premier league games recently with 50k+ crowds there's no doubt in my mind that these are still super-spreader events. If I had my way they'd be having their capacities capped at 25% for the rest of this season.
again maybe but with the pubs open everybody would just go there instead, the other countries have kept numbers down by keeping things closed, in Spain for example you can eat outside no problem as it's 25 degrees we don't have that option, at the minute the numbers are worrying but if this school holidays break gets the numbers down then things will look better hopefully

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13974 on October 17, 2021, 04:27:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Looking at the graph and the story of the current situation in hospital A&E's togther BB - what do you think of the situation on 17th October 2021?

But, you see Wilts, if you were to tell the whole truth, for once, you'd admit you didn't want to comment on the graph between April and June because they didn't help your agenda, did they? 

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #13975 on October 17, 2021, 04:52:31 pm by BigH »

again maybe but with the pubs open everybody would just go there instead, the other countries have kept numbers down by keeping things closed, in Spain for example you can eat outside no problem as it's 25 degrees we don't have that option, at the minute the numbers are worrying but if this school holidays break gets the numbers down then things will look better hopefully
Yep, fingers crossed.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13976 on October 17, 2021, 07:44:36 pm by scawsby steve »
40,000+ infections a day
7,000+ in hospital
150 dying every day

There's much of that post that I disagree with, BigH. I think that the medical advances in prevention and cures for cancer over the last 50 years have been inadequate when you consider the billions they've had from most of us in charity donations. I've lost many family members and close friends to this horrible disease, and there are more people dying of it now than ever.

Regarding the millions still unvaccinated, many of them don't want it, and you can't make them have it.

As far as masks and social distancing is concerned, do you want us to live with restrictions forever? If we do, you might as well say that the virus has beaten us.

There's no way I'd ever wear a mask for 2 hours at the Rovers. Even if we ever have a good team again.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 07:48:00 pm by scawsby steve »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13977 on October 17, 2021, 09:14:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This has been a fascinating social experiment.

If we all wore masks in busy public situations, thousands fewer people would die. We wouldn't know them or have any connection with them, but there WOULD be many people who would live.

Now. Imagine going back 2 years. Imagine being told that you had the choice between a relatively minor inconvenience that would save the lives of anonymous strangers. Or choosing not to inconvenience yourself, in which case strangers would be killed, quietly and privately.

And imagine that person you were choosing to let the strangers die.

I am genuinely disgusted by the lazy, self-centred lack of care and responsibility for fellow humans that so many have shown. I honestly thought we were better than this.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #13978 on October 17, 2021, 10:45:30 pm by BigH »
40,000+ infections a day
7,000+ in hospital
150 dying every day

There's much of that post that I disagree with, BigH. I think that the medical advances in prevention and cures for cancer over the last 50 years have been inadequate when you consider the billions they've had from most of us in charity donations. I've lost many family members and close friends to this horrible disease, and there are more people dying of it now than ever.

Regarding the millions still unvaccinated, many of them don't want it, and you can't make them have it.

As far as masks and social distancing is concerned, do you want us to live with restrictions forever? If we do, you might as well say that the virus has beaten us.

There's no way I'd ever wear a mask for 2 hours at the Rovers. Even if we ever have a good team again.
Ok, well we'll have to agree to disagree then. I don't find one iota of persuasion in anything you've said about our approach to Covid.

But a couple of points; I think you speak for everyone when it comes to losing loved ones from cancer. Unfortunately, you've missed the point of my argument.

Do I want us to live with restrictions for ever. No.

Could I live a bit longer - say, six months - with some of the inconveniences we've experienced over the past 20 months. Yes.

Particularly if it means that fewer people die and our hospitals get to free up some capacity to treat those people who've had to wait for major treatment for the best part of two years.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13979 on October 17, 2021, 10:50:50 pm by wilts rover »

But, you see Wilts, if you were to tell the whole truth, for once, you'd admit you didn't want to comment on the graph between April and June because they didn't help your agenda, did they? 

I did comment on graphs between April and June BB - I just didn't post any graphs between April and June.

You carry on with your agenda. I will report facts - especially if you dont like them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012