Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 07:46:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 854197 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14190 on November 02, 2021, 08:41:04 am by Donnywolf »
Is it right that a bloke who tests positive for covid and is then recovering, three weeks later dies in a car crash and he is put down as a covid death? (Fact)

.... on the other hand { not a fact ) what happens to the same bloke who tests positive for covid and is then recovering,  and after 29 or 30 days or even later,  doesnt get run over or is in a crash but dies at home or elsewhere

Where if anywhere does his death get attributed to cos more people, many more WILL simply die "after 28 days" than "get killed" within the initial 28 day period

140,000 may be much higher maybe (still not a fact)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:43:13 am by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14191 on November 02, 2021, 09:02:44 am by selby »
  Nobody can defend what has happened in this country with the virus, but comparing statistics that are gathered differently by different countries and using them as a stick to beat our government is futile because of the different ways of reporting deaths and connecting or not connecting them to Covid deaths.
  To me the whole world has fought this battle with only their own country's  well being being to the forefront when a joint effort was needed, as the selfish way the Austrians and alpine countries approached the first big outbreak in Europe and thought only of their winter holiday industry's interests and dispersed the virus back all over Europe, something that is overlooked to their advantage now.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14192 on November 02, 2021, 09:11:41 am by normal rules »
Are we having 160 discharged COVID patients a day walking in front of cars then?

Or in fact are we having any?
A man tests positive. A couple of weeks later he is admitted to hospital as he has fallen off a ladder from height. He is admitted due to his injuries and not due to covid. He sadly passed away AS ADIRECT RESULT of these injuries. He is recorded as a Covid death.
Why?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14193 on November 02, 2021, 10:06:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Is it right that a bloke who tests positive for covid and is then recovering, three weeks later dies in a car crash and he is put down as a covid death? (Fact)

.... on the other hand { not a fact ) what happens to the same bloke who tests positive for covid and is then recovering,  and after 29 or 30 days or even later,  doesnt get run over or is in a crash but dies at home or elsewhere

Where if anywhere does his death get attributed to cos more people, many more WILL simply die "after 28 days" than "get killed" within the initial 28 day period

140,000 may be much higher maybe (still not a fact)

Or the nearly 30000 people who died with COVID on their death certificates, but without having had a test. They don't show up in the official figures. But folk obsess about hypothetical situations that might theoretically increase the numbers by a tiny fraction.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14194 on November 02, 2021, 11:53:00 am by bpoolrover »
For me if you did of injuries due to covid after 28 days it should be counted as dying of covid it's ridiculous not to, but on the other side just because you have covid many do not die of it, I know of any cases where unfortunately covid has been brought into hospitals where sadly people have been on end of life care, they have caught covid and died, now they should not be counted as covid

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #14195 on November 02, 2021, 07:07:49 pm by albie »
On the subject of the effectiveness of the vaccines, this looks pretty convincing to me;
https://twitter.com/ONS/status/1455105074619985920

Get a jab, as soon as you can....that's it!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14196 on November 02, 2021, 09:55:26 pm by SydneyRover »
For me if you did of injuries due to covid after 28 days it should be counted as dying of covid it's ridiculous not to, but on the other side just because you have covid many do not die of it, I know of any cases where unfortunately covid has been brought into hospitals where sadly people have been on end of life care, they have caught covid and died, now they should not be counted as covid

But then that wouldn't be a truthful statement on the DC, where, I think all contributing factors are recorded for the 6 months preceding the death. If the death is not recorded accurately there is no reliable historical information to examine by a coroner or an inquiry and nothing will change. To change the way deaths are recorded due to new circumstances each time would not be helpful to anyone.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14197 on November 02, 2021, 10:00:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
On the subject of the effectiveness of the vaccines, this looks pretty convincing to me;
https://twitter.com/ONS/status/1455105074619985920

Get a jab, as soon as you can....that's it!

Yeah...but...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14198 on November 02, 2021, 10:02:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Seriously. Those of you who have gone down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. This winter is going to be f**king rough for those who aren't vaccinated. Just go and get f**king jabbed. You can still insist you haven't on here if you want. Just do it for your own sakes.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14199 on November 02, 2021, 10:35:50 pm by Nudga »
Seriously. Those of you who have gone down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. This winter is going to be f**king rough for those who aren't vaccinated. Just go and get f**king jabbed. You can still insist you haven't on here if you want. Just do it for your own sakes.

And if I come out of this winter alive, fit and healthy like I did last winter, what kind of guff will you spew out then?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14200 on November 02, 2021, 10:43:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

And if I come out of this winter alive, fit and healthy like I did last winter, what kind of guff will you spew out then?

I'll congratulate you on playing 1-in-100 Russian Roulette and winning.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14201 on November 03, 2021, 12:48:57 am by SydneyRover »
This is maybe the simplest explanation in change in the figures relating to covid deaths and why they are adjusted later.

If you read the headline below and nothing else you may be in danger of misrepresenting why the govt' underestimates the figures in the daily numbers, which is legitimate and necessary.

''UK official Covid death toll has always undercounted fatalities, analysis shows
Analysis: Excess deaths is the gold standard in assessing the scale of the impact of coronavirus''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/22/uk-official-covid-death-toll-undercounted-fatalities

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14202 on November 03, 2021, 10:23:28 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

It is his choice to play that roulette though isn't it?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14203 on November 03, 2021, 12:23:38 pm by ravenrover »
Has there been a duo like this since Morecombe and Wise?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14204 on November 03, 2021, 01:54:56 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Has there been a duo like this since Morecombe and Wise?
I think you mean Mike & Bernie Winters.

Eric & Ernie we’re a class act.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14205 on November 03, 2021, 02:03:49 pm by Colin C No.3 »

And his choice to catch the virus as a result of not being vaccinated, perhaps pass it on to a loved one who doesn’t happen to have his ‘Super Human’ powers to keep ‘dodging a bullet’ & as a result dies gasping for breath in an overcrowded covid ward?

I wouldn’t wish that on a loved one of his (or him either) but his ‘F**k you Jack I’m alright’ stance is ignorant, selfish & dangerous.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14206 on November 03, 2021, 02:34:06 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

And his choice to catch the virus as a result of not being vaccinated, perhaps pass it on to a loved one who doesn’t happen to have his ‘Super Human’ powers to keep ‘dodging a bullet’ & as a result dies gasping for breath in an overcrowded covid ward?

I wouldn’t wish that on a loved one of his (or him either) but his ‘F**k you Jack I’m alright’ stance is ignorant, selfish & dangerous.

f**k ME!! FOR THE LAST TIME!! VACCINATED PEOPLE ARE JUST AS INFECTIOUS AND CAN CATCH COVID THE SAME AS AN UNVACCINATED PERSON! LEARN AND ACCEPT.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 02:41:48 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14207 on November 03, 2021, 03:06:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wrong CDH.

1) The vaccine reduces the probability of being infected.
2) Among infected people, the vaccine reduces infectivity.

It's not a yes/no issue, granted, just as mask wearing doesn't reduce someone's infectivity to zero. But a sensible society stacks the deck in its own interests. Marginal gains.

Be a selfish t**t if you want, but don't claim that doesn't have consequences on other people.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14208 on November 03, 2021, 03:15:42 pm by ravenrover »

f**k ME!! FOR THE LAST TIME!! VACCINATED PEOPLE ARE JUST AS INFECTIOUS AND CAN CATCH COVID THE SAME AS AN UNVACCINATED PERSON! LEARN AND ACCEPT.
But are less likely to suffer serious illness or end up in ICU

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14209 on November 03, 2021, 03:41:49 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

So? That's why we have the NHS. Or at least had.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14210 on November 03, 2021, 05:32:25 pm by wilts rover »

So? That's why we have the NHS. Or at least had.

Somebody else can deal with the problem I have needlessly and selfishly created.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14211 on November 03, 2021, 05:38:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Needle-lessly! Nice one!!

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14212 on November 03, 2021, 07:20:03 pm by no eyed deer »
Wrong CDH.

It's not a yes/no issue, granted, just as mask wearing doesn't reduce someone's infectivity to zero. But a sensible society stacks the deck in its own interests. Marginal gains.

Be a selfish t**t if you want, but don't claim that doesn't have consequences on other people.

Who says it does and by how much ?.How long has this study been going on for, something like this usually takes years.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14213 on November 03, 2021, 07:42:52 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Wrong CDH.

No it doesn't. There was a report out the other day (not from facebook) stating that vaccinated people can just as easily contract and spread the delta variant.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14214 on November 03, 2021, 08:47:01 pm by Nudga »
And why do people automatically think that anyone who gets the lurgy will end up in ICU breathing through their shit pipe?

Even Chris whitty himself said that the vast majority will only suffer mild symptoms.
I'll take my chances not being able to taste my dinner for a month.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14215 on November 03, 2021, 08:55:55 pm by SydneyRover »
I guess that's how an epidemic could kick off again in the UK, another variant possibly?

Taking beds in hospital reduces the chances of people on the waiting list getting fixed.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14216 on November 03, 2021, 08:57:07 pm by Nudga »
Cutting 5000 beds also does this.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14217 on November 03, 2021, 09:16:30 pm by no eyed deer »
I guess that's how an epidemic could kick off again in the UK, another variant possibly?

Taking beds in hospital reduces the chances of people on the waiting list getting fixed.

People in ICU wards has nothing to do with waithing lists. The facts are both hospitals and doctor's alike have closed for businesses.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14218 on November 03, 2021, 09:19:14 pm by SydneyRover »

People in ICU wards has nothing to do with waithing lists. The facts are both hospitals and doctor's alike have closed for businesses.

Yep that makes perfect sense ned.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14219 on November 03, 2021, 09:25:20 pm by no eyed deer »

Yep that makes perfect sense ned.

Nothing does to you sid

TinyPortal © 2005-2012