Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:16:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 854224 times)

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14220 on November 03, 2021, 09:33:35 pm by no eyed deer »
I guess that's how an epidemic could kick off again in the UK, another variant possibly?

Taking beds in hospital reduces the chances of people on the waiting list getting fixed.

People in ICU wards has nothing to do with waithing lists. The facts are both hospitals and doctor's alike have closed for businesses.

Closed maybe a little over the top, but on very reduced services

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14221 on November 03, 2021, 09:41:40 pm by SydneyRover »
I guess that's how an epidemic could kick off again in the UK, another variant possibly?

Taking beds in hospital reduces the chances of people on the waiting list getting fixed.

People in ICU wards has nothing to do with waithing lists. The facts are both hospitals and doctor's alike have closed for businesses.

Yep that makes perfect sense ned.

Nothing does to you sid

Not a lot you say does I must admit ned, while you're there maybe you could flesh out your comment so it makes sense to someone at least.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14222 on November 03, 2021, 10:30:19 pm by no eyed deer »

Nothing does to you sid

Not a lot you say does I must admit ned, while you're there maybe you could flesh out your comment so it makes sense to someone at least.

Do you actually live in this country and know how bad the NHS is, even without covid cancelling most operations ? Or how difficult it is to see a dicotor ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14223 on November 03, 2021, 10:59:39 pm by SydneyRover »

Nothing does to you sid

Do you actually live in this country and know how bad the NHS is, even without covid cancelling most operations ? Or how difficult it is to see a dicotor ?

What has that got to do with the debate in hand, address the subject.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14224 on November 03, 2021, 11:03:44 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The NHS are f**king useless. I am currently in the process of litigation against my GP, two separate hospitals and a local mental health trust.

One is for reasonable adjustments not adhered to. I have a letter that entitles me to reasonable adjustments on account of protected characteristics and yet not one hospital has provided them which is a breach of the Equality Act 2010.

They have a legal duty to provide them, so long as the adjustments are considered reasonable and a failure to do so contravenes the act.

Sick of the NHS not doing their jobs properly. Absolutely useless organization for the most part.

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #14225 on November 03, 2021, 11:22:48 pm by KeithMyath »
The NHS are f**king useless. I am currently in the process of litigation against my GP, two separate hospitals and a local mental health trust.

One is for reasonable adjustments not adhered to. I have a letter that entitles me to reasonable adjustments on account of protected characteristics and yet not one hospital has provided them which is a breach of the Equality Act 2010.

They have a legal duty to provide them, so long as the adjustments are considered reasonable and a failure to do so contravenes the act.

Sick of the NHS not doing their jobs properly. Absolutely useless organization for the most part.

Maybe you should work In Recruitment, no better advert to get the thousands and thousands of health care workers needed with such a glowing assessment of one lived experience. I’m sure youve even left the NHS a bad review on trip advisor as well?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14226 on November 03, 2021, 11:28:40 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Don't care. They have a duty to provide reasonable adjustments and after putting up with this not happening for so long i'm done. Every time it happens from now on, a letter of claim is sent. They need to get their jobs done properly. I'm sure if was black, transgender or a pagan, they'd be bending over backwards to accommodate me. As it is i'm disabled so i can f**k off apparently. Just standing up for my rights as an ignored disabled person.

Do your job properly and there can be no complaints. Simple. Management at NHS are shambolic.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14227 on November 04, 2021, 08:03:10 am by Ldr »

Spot on NED we stopped doing elective work (waiting list stuff) for 2/3 months last year to keep capacity available. Turns out wasn’t needed

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14228 on November 04, 2021, 08:23:23 am by SydneyRover »

Spot on NED we stopped doing elective work (waiting list stuff) for 2/3 months last year to keep capacity available. Turns out wasn’t needed

Are you saying the medical staff required to service the extra ICU beds and patients is not a drain on resources for normal hospital procedures or are all those not involved in covid wards sitting at home or looking for other work?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14229 on November 04, 2021, 08:27:21 am by Ldr »
What I am saying is for waiting list work, we closed for business.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14230 on November 04, 2021, 08:35:32 am by SydneyRover »
What I am saying is for waiting list work, we closed for business.

So to take it to the next step, staff and equipment resources diverted due to covid are not impeding normal waiting list procedures?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14231 on November 04, 2021, 08:41:03 am by Ldr »
Not when we were closed for business no, not especially when open for business too. Major issue now is reduced capacity due to distancing. For instance a 6 bed bay is currently a 4 bed bay due to the need to keep a certain distance between beds. I know this doesn’t fit your agenda but it’s what’s happening on the ground. And as an FYI we had high double figures in yesterday with covid, single figure % of those needed icu.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14232 on November 04, 2021, 08:44:19 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I had to wait 2 years for a hernia op. Caused untold other issues and basically stopped me working and having any sort of life so yeah, the NHS can go and f**k themselves.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14233 on November 04, 2021, 08:46:36 am by Ldr »
I had to wait 2 years for a hernia op. Caused untold other issues and basically stopped me working and having any sort of life so yeah, the NHS can go and f**k themselves.

Suspect the wait was caused by unnecessary measure put in place cdh

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14234 on November 04, 2021, 08:47:03 am by SydneyRover »
Not when we were closed for business no, not especially when open for business too. Major issue now is reduced capacity due to distancing. For instance a 6 bed bay is currently a 4 bed bay due to the need to keep a certain distance between beds. I know this doesn’t fit your agenda but it’s what’s happening on the ground. And as an FYI we had high double figures in yesterday with covid, single figure % of those needed icu.

And that is my point, less people in covid wards the more opportunity to open up and complete normal duties, surely.

Back to the comment: ned

''People in ICU wards has nothing to do with waithing lists. The facts are both hospitals and doctor's alike have closed for businesses.

It has everything to do with waiting lists, no covid-back to normal, no?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14235 on November 04, 2021, 08:48:58 am by Ldr »
No, pedantry maybe but icu wards and covid wards are 2 very very different things, you may want to stop mixing up the two

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14236 on November 04, 2021, 08:55:30 am by SydneyRover »
No, pedantry maybe but icu wards and covid wards are 2 very very different things, you may want to stop mixing up the two

OK take out the covid wards which can be used pre and post ICU so they do drain resources but were not in the OP statement, how many staff are required to support a covid patient in ICU and how many covid ICU beds are there?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14237 on November 04, 2021, 09:00:28 am by Ldr »
Beds - inherently a hard question. Firstly no such thing as a dedicated covid icu bed. Secondly a bed can be classed as either icu or hdu, the difference generally been the nurse / patient ratio. Staffing at icu level is more resource intense than hdu level. Equipment is pretty much the same.

Staff would be expected to be 1:1 nurse : patient icu

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14238 on November 04, 2021, 09:01:05 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

That and other things yes.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14239 on November 04, 2021, 09:04:35 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Wonder how much the NHS has spent on these hanging flag signs promoting vaccines that i keep seeing strategically placed on lamp posts near schools, colleges, doctors etc?

They've got the money for that and lying on them saying vaccines protect others (when they don't) but if you need a hernia op, a ct scan or mental health support you can f**k off because they don't have the money apparently.

Good old NHS. Priorities.

Priorities are Covid over everything else.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14240 on November 04, 2021, 09:13:09 am by SydneyRover »

That and other things yes.

I get that you're pissed about the quality of care that you received and a less than satisfactory outcome but your relentless NHS bashing could be better directed at those that decide the funding that enables the NHS to either run as one of the best hospital systems in the world ................. or not. Those that work within the hospital system can only do so much, how can a system work optimally with 50,000 nurses missing and out of date equipment and facilities.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14241 on November 04, 2021, 09:59:09 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not my problem. Their management failures have nothing to do with me and should not affect me but they do .

Maybe if managers took a 50k a year pay cut and pay nurses more, then we'd start to see some action

They also need to stop spunking cash on diversity officers on about 100k a year.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14242 on November 04, 2021, 10:02:02 am by SydneyRover »
Not talking about the managers CDH I'm talking to the government that has underfunded the NHS severely for around 11 years.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14243 on November 04, 2021, 10:03:37 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not talking about the managers CDH I'm talking to the government that has underfunded the NHS severely for around 11 years.

I take it you've never been through the war of attrition that is the NHS complaints handling process and PALS?

The NHS get shitloads of money. They just pay the wrong people far too much and the right people far too little.

Over 53% of NHS staff are not medically trained.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14244 on November 04, 2021, 10:04:14 am by Ldr »

The great myth Syd is that the NHS could ever be adequately funded, it can’t, it’s a bureaucratic black hole

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14245 on November 04, 2021, 10:09:11 am by SydneyRover »

I take it you've never been through the war of attrition that is the NHS complaints handling process and PALS?

The NHS get shitloads of money. They just pay the wrong people far too much and the right people far too little.

I understand the problem of too many overpaid managers, who allows that? the government.

Of course 53% of NHS staff are not medically trained, why would you train cleaners, maintenance, drivers, porters and all the admin staff to do surgery or whatever, look at the pyramid of any large business and look at the ratio of highly trained to non-trained staff.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14246 on November 04, 2021, 10:13:19 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
There is a shortage of nurses because they have to get medically trained and they get paid peanuts.

There are no shortages of managers and middle managers because all they have to do is talk b*llocks in an interview and they can get a job that pays bucketloads with no accountability.

Probably why over 53% arent medically trained.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14247 on November 04, 2021, 10:17:00 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
My experience right now is that i had a GP phone appointment for today which i cancelled last week as i don't need it anymore.

The GP rang me twice this morning which i wasn't expecting as i'd cancelled it last week when i rang the surgery and spoke to the receptionist. The GP then left a text to tell me i had an appointment and he'd been trying to get hold of me.

So been on hold for 12 minutes to tell the surgery i'd already cancelled last week and then got cut off.

Rang again and now on hold for 9 minutes. Eventually connects and rings but nobody answers.

Then i'll probably get a snotty text reminding me that missed appointments cost the NHS money!

You can't make this up. Totally and utterly useless.

Popped into the mental health unit this morning to hand in a document and had to use the buzzer and intercom to gain entry.

'Are you wearing a mask?' came the reply from reception.

'NO. I don't wear them' i said.

'Are you exempt?' said the lady.

'None of your business' i replied.

She let me in and i walked towards the counter to hand in my document shaking my head. Clearly annoyed.

She then asked me, 'Can i take your details for track and trace?'

To which i replied, 'NO. NOT INTERESTED'

Then i slung the document in her direction and walked out.

COVID OBSESSED!!

Just leave me the f**k alone. Stop asking me stupid questions and if you are scared in your job. Get another one where you will be less scared and so you don't have to force your views and preferences on others!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 10:32:41 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14248 on November 04, 2021, 10:34:30 am by SydneyRover »
Have a look at this CDH, look at the graph compering the NHS to other health systems and look at the info regarding trained staff and shortages.

At the 2019 election johnson said they would hire 50000 nurses, why were they 50000 nurses short and where are they up to now?

Half the staff not medically trained sounds suspiciously like a Daily Express headline.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14249 on November 04, 2021, 10:51:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »

My brother-in-law is a hospital porter and kitchen assistant. Never had a single medical qualification in his life. I've no idea what the NHS is doing employing wasters like that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012