Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860430 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14400 on November 23, 2021, 04:41:55 pm by bpoolrover »
Can't agree with should be 10 million better off bst, if that is the case how bad must most of the other European countries be?

Bpool. What matters is how many people have gone 6 months since their second vaccine and not had a booster.

Six months ago, we had given over 23 million second doses. But today we've only given 15 million boosters. So there are over 8 million people who are becoming increasingly vulnerable.

In Germany, they were slower getting the vaccine programme going. 6 months ago, they had only administered 11 million second doses. They have administered over 6 million boosters, so they had a gap of under 5 million.
yes I agree but they have increased massively the amount of boosters that are being given, the problem was the government were saying book online or walk up and the nhs were saying wait for a letter not sure how that happened

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14401 on November 23, 2021, 04:50:25 pm by ravenrover »
Dob't forget the age groups the has been offered to, only recently down to the over 40's

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14402 on November 23, 2021, 04:59:52 pm by drfchound »
Aren't we just going down the age scale as happened with the first and second jabs.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14403 on November 23, 2021, 05:39:33 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Aren't we just going down the age scale as happened with the first and second jabs.

Indeed.

I can't wait until the 8th jabs are being rolled out. If not just to see if the pathetic BBC will still give us a daily briefing on how many people that day have had their 8th jabs lol.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14404 on November 23, 2021, 05:42:16 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
You are talking shite, as you always do CDH.
These 8 million are all in the top 9 most vulnerable groups. Most of them had the AZ vaccine and it is well established that the efficacy of that vaccine drops quickly after 5 months.

If you insist on staying vulnerable, fill your boots. Just stop spouting utter shite to everyone else on a subject you clearly don't understand.

What is there to understand? Other than there is a virus. It won't go away. You can get jabbed and it might protect you. Might not. The end. Life goes on.

I see on the news that they want us to take lateral flow tests before going Christmas shopping. f**king lunacy.

How about those who are worried about catching Covid avoid Christmas shopping and buy online instead, and those not can go shopping and not take a test. WHICH IS f**kING NORMAL BEHAVIOUR!!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14405 on November 23, 2021, 06:00:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You are talking shite, as you always do CDH.
These 8 million are all in the top 9 most vulnerable groups. Most of them had the AZ vaccine and it is well established that the efficacy of that vaccine drops quickly after 5 months.

If you insist on staying vulnerable, fill your boots. Just stop spouting utter shite to everyone else on a subject you clearly don't understand.

What is there to understand? Other than there is a virus. It won't go away. You can get jabbed and it might protect you. Might not. The end. Life goes on.

I see on the news that they want us to take lateral flow tests before going Christmas shopping. f**king lunacy.

How about those who are worried about catching Covid avoid Christmas shopping and buy online instead, and those not can go shopping and not take a test. WHICH IS f**kING NORMAL BEHAVIOUR!!

How about we all show a little bit of responsibility and a little bit of respect for each other and do the bare bleeding minimum to help protect everybody. Instead of constantly f**king whining about pinpricks.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14406 on November 23, 2021, 06:42:27 pm by Sprotyrover »
Seen on a European Website that we have detected a new strain probably why things are being racked up!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14407 on November 23, 2021, 08:02:51 pm by Nudga »

You were saying BST

Not sure who you are arguing with Nudga but literally no f**ker anywhere in the world has said anything about "certain death".

What, you mean like those dumb, cruel parents who have locked their kids away in a room for 10 days because they have a positive test you mean? Not likely.

I won't ever know i have Covid as i will never test myself.
Your family would know though after seeing your death certificate.

Jesus christ, not everyone dies after a positive test. Stay away from the BBC FFS

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14408 on November 23, 2021, 09:00:00 pm by idler »

You were saying BST

Not sure who you are arguing with Nudga but literally no f**ker anywhere in the world has said anything about "certain death".

What, you mean like those dumb, cruel parents who have locked their kids away in a room for 10 days because they have a positive test you mean? Not likely.

I won't ever know i have Covid as i will never test myself.
Your family would know though after seeing your death certificate.

Jesus christ, not everyone dies after a positive test. Stay away from the BBC FFS
If you are quoting me Nudga where have I said certain death?
I am saying or meaning after your death and if it was down to COVID it would be on your death certificate. If there was no evidence of COVID it wouldn’t.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14409 on November 24, 2021, 09:29:25 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Reading the usual suspects this morning (BBC / SKY) then we are all going to die of Covid but after Christmas now. Merry Christmas everybody!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #14410 on November 24, 2021, 05:23:23 pm by albie »
Boosters now showing a big impact, in this series of graphics from the FT data man;
https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1463450360161394689

Very significant effect taking place.
How long it will persist is not yet clear.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14411 on November 24, 2021, 05:26:42 pm by normal rules »
Germany now considering a full national lockdown and mandatory vaccines.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14412 on November 24, 2021, 05:50:28 pm by drfchound »
Germany now considering a full national lockdown and mandatory vaccines.

Crikey, and we were being told how well Germany was doing compared to the UK.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14413 on November 24, 2021, 06:00:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Depends on what you measure as success. Cases, deaths, normal life?

Also we shouldn't call them boosters but a third dose and that's fine.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14414 on November 24, 2021, 06:44:53 pm by Nudga »
Sorry to say I've been suffering from symptomless covid and over a week later I still have no symptoms.

#prayfornudga

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14415 on November 25, 2021, 08:21:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Positive news on  how new hospitalisations are still falling even though +ve tests have gone up sharply over the past 2 weeks. Fingers crossed it carries on.

Some very worrying news from South Africa though. A new variant emerged in a region of SA three weeks ago. In that region, the new variant has exploded. Gone from zero to 80% of all cases in a fortnight. And the percentage of tests coming back +ve in that region has gone from 3% to 30% in a fortnight! I suspect a SA travel ban is coming very quickly.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14416 on November 25, 2021, 09:05:43 pm by wilts rover »
Imminent Billy

SA to be placed on red list due to emerging 'super variant'

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1463969979678789644

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14417 on November 25, 2021, 09:08:00 pm by Nudga »
Just in time for Christmas...... Again!

Keep the fear going, there's boosters for sale.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14418 on November 25, 2021, 09:10:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Imminent Billy

Ooh no. Let's all shit ourselves, lock down again stop our kids from having an education, wear crash helmets, take the skin off our hands with sanitizer, avoid other humans, get food delivered, work from home, take another 8 vaccines and molnupravir, maybe ivermectin to make sure and start building an underground bunker just incase this is the REAL 'variant of concern' that the doom mongers have been warning us about.

Unless the new variant turns out to be like Ebola. I'm carrying on as normal.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14419 on November 25, 2021, 09:19:23 pm by SydneyRover »
Imminent Billy

Ooh no. Let's all shit ourselves, lock down again stop our kids from having an education, wear crash helmets, take the skin off our hands with sanitizer, avoid other humans, get food delivered, work from home, take another 8 vaccines and molnupravir, maybe ivermectin to make sure and start building an underground bunker just incase this is the REAL 'variant of concern' that the doom mongers have been warning us about.

is this from the guy that 'doesn't like people' and 'lives as far away as possible' from them?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14420 on November 25, 2021, 09:28:24 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Imminent Billy

is this from the guy that 'doesn't like people' and 'lives as far away as possible' from them?

And?

I still have to have some contact with other people. It's not as if i live in the woods in a hut killing squirrels to survive is it?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14421 on November 25, 2021, 09:31:02 pm by SydneyRover »
On the forum, one only knows what one is told.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14422 on November 25, 2021, 10:02:04 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
On the forum, one only knows what one is told.

Well in that respect i guess you are right then. I generally avoid as many people as possible by choice, yes.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14423 on November 25, 2021, 10:36:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Positive news on  how new hospitalisations are still falling even though +ve tests have gone up sharply over the past 2 weeks. Fingers crossed it carries on.

Some very worrying news from South Africa though. A new variant emerged in a region of SA three weeks ago. In that region, the new variant has exploded. Gone from zero to 80% of all cases in a fortnight. And the percentage of tests coming back +ve in that region has gone from 3% to 30% in a fortnight! I suspect a SA travel ban is coming very quickly.

When you delve in to the stats a bit deeper there's some weird things.  Germany has had much lower cases but has higher hospitalisations and deaths than the UK.  I saw some talk that there's a variant in the UK that's quite minor but has higher transmission and less severity. That is a potential positive (often how viruses die out) although we do test more in the UK than elsewhere.

The African cases are a concern until we know more but may well come to nothing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14424 on November 25, 2021, 10:50:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'd say that a new variant that increases the positive test rate ten fold in a fortnight is extremely alarming. If we've learned one thing it's that the precautionary principle needs to be applied with COVID. React too hard too soon, the worst thing that can happen is a bit of inconvenience. React too soft and too late and the worst thing that can happen is tens of thousands dying and hospitals full again.

So a big thumbs up to the Govt for acting so quickly to put SA on the red list, while we get a better idea of how dangerous this might be.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14425 on November 25, 2021, 10:58:18 pm by Nudga »
Botswana 1,203 new cases, 0 deaths yesterday

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14426 on November 25, 2021, 11:00:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And once again Nudga, people don't catch COVID and die instantly.

Have a look at the numbers at the end of February and get back to me with your thoughts.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14427 on November 25, 2021, 11:05:22 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I'd say that a new variant that increases the positive test rate ten fold in a fortnight is extremely alarming. If we've learned one thing it's that the precautionary principle needs to be applied with COVID. React too hard too soon, the worst thing that can happen is a bit of inconvenience. React too soft and too late and the worst thing that can happen is tens of thousands dying and hospitals full again.

So a big thumbs up to the Govt for acting so quickly to put SA on the red list, while we get a better idea of how dangerous this might be.

So if the new variant is more dangerous and the vaccines don't work we carry on as normal. Well, i will anyway.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14428 on November 25, 2021, 11:49:03 pm by River Don »
This South African varient appears to be very concerning. It is significantly different to the common varients of the virus. This means it might evade the vacinnes. It might be a very big challenge.

In which case, don't be surprised if we aren't forced back into new lockdown situations whilst a new vacinne is developed.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14429 on November 25, 2021, 11:57:36 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not me.

Many of us won't be locked away again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012