Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:10:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860358 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14430 on November 25, 2021, 11:59:26 pm by River Don »
Not me.

Many of us won't be locked away again.

Looks like you'll be out on the barricades demanding your right to get sick then. Good luck with that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14431 on November 26, 2021, 01:15:24 am by SydneyRover »
NSW pop 8m +

Covid cases reported yesterday 261 (most outside the metro area)

Have visited two places this morning a govt centre within a shopping centre and a separate stand alone govt centre.

Vax rates over  16: 92.2 first dose 94.5 second dose

Vax rates    13-15:    76 ............     81.1 ................

Everyone put a mask on at the entry point.

I think it helps, a very small percentage of people are making a lot of noise about what I think are minor inconveniences considering the risk to vulnerable people.

These numbers may change there are no guarantees but as with insurance and life in general you evaluate and modify your behaviour to deal with it.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14432 on November 26, 2021, 09:14:14 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not me.

Looks like you'll be out on the barricades demanding your right to get sick then. Good luck with that.

Absolutely. It is my choice. Personal choice is something that most people seem to have given up wilfully or have failed to exercise due to the desperate need to be told what to do by the Tories.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14433 on November 26, 2021, 09:15:44 am by Filo »
Not me.

Absolutely. It is my choice. Personal choice is something that most people seem to have given up wilfully or have failed to exercise due to the desperate need to be told what to do by the Tories.

Why did you have the first vaccination?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14434 on November 26, 2021, 09:23:20 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not me.

Why did you have the first vaccination?

Didn't want it but got caught up in all this b*llocks about protecting others and so had it. Soon realized that others don't actually care about me and this illusion we had all been fed about a utopian society where everyone looks out for another became clear. they can all do one. No more masks. No more vaccines. I live my life, others live theirs.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14435 on November 26, 2021, 09:24:22 am by River Don »
Not me.

Personal choice works two ways. For instance those who will not accept vacinnation, it's their personal choice. But it impacts others who do not have a personal choice. In not accepting vacinnation they are potential vectors of the virus.

I'm all for personal choice so long as it doesn't impact others. Smoke if you will, fine but don't do it in public indoor spaces. Drink if you will, fine but don't get behind the wheel of a car if you do.

I would advocate the same approach with the unvaccinated, fine but don't go in public indoor spaces if you aren't vacinnated. Stay out of pubs, restaurants, cinemas, off public transport and aircraft.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14436 on November 26, 2021, 09:28:31 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not me.

Personal choice works two ways. For instance those who will not accept vacinnation, it's their personal choice. But it impacts others who do not have a personal choice. In not accepting vacinnation they are potential vectors of the virus.

I'm all for personal choice so long as it doesn't impact others. Smoke if you will, fine but don't do it in public indoor spaces. Drink if you will, fine but don't get behind the wheel of a car if you do.

I would advocate the same approach with the unvaccinated, fine but don't go in public indoor spaces if you aren't vacinnated. Stay out of pubs, restaurants, cinemas, off public transport and aircraft.

Oh. Another person who still cannot understand the fact that the fully vaccinated are only slightly less transmissible than the unvaccinated.

For example, a Covid Pass only shows proof of vaccination. Not proof that you don't have Covid. Therefore, as being fully vaccinated does not prevent transmission, showing a Covid pass to get into a venue for example is a nonsense. Everyone who has shown a Covid pass to get in can still spread Covid in the venue.

But hey. Let's demonise the unvaccinated shall we? Makes others feel better.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14437 on November 26, 2021, 09:30:14 am by Ldr »
Vaccinated can be a vector too so your point is null. Being vaccinated gives your immune system a heads up to fight off infection just like any other vaccine in history. Do you remember any other vaccine you have had been marketed as to proctect others? Me neither it’s just emotional blackmail and a feel sorry for those who buy into that bullshit.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14438 on November 26, 2021, 09:31:02 am by River Don »
I'm sorry CDH but the benefits of vacinnation are clear.

In not being upto date with your vacinnes you are a danger to yourself and others. It's simply antisocial behaviour.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14439 on November 26, 2021, 09:35:09 am by Ldr »

In not being upto date with your vacinnes you are a danger to yourself and others. It's simply antisocial behaviour.

Have to assume you have had every vaccine known to man every year then RD including things that do not circulate freely to be covered. To not have done so would make you a hypocrite

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14440 on November 26, 2021, 09:37:44 am by River Don »

Have to assume you have had every vaccine known to man every year then RD including things that do not circulate freely to be covered. To not have done so would make you a hypocrite

I've never turned a vacinne down.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14441 on November 26, 2021, 09:39:16 am by Ldr »

Have you proactively gone to the go asking for ones not commonly circulated, if not my point stands

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14442 on November 26, 2021, 09:40:14 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Dear oh dear.

1. I am not a danger to myself because the virus doesn't kill 99.9% of people, let alone many people in their 40's. Therefore the risk to me is negligible even without a vaccine.

2. Even if i was at a greatly increased risk from Covid, it is still my choice whether i wish to dance with danger or not. Nobody elses. My body, my choice.

3. Vaccinated people still pass on Covid to others. The delta variant for example shows next to no difference in transmissability between the jabbed and unjabbed. Therefore, jabbed people are just as much a risk to others as the unjabbed. Not sure why people don't understand this simple concept.

4. Even if the vaccine 100% stopped Covid. It is still the choice of the individual whether to have a vaccine injected into their body.

5. I am very anti social yes. By choice.  If i wasn't then i'd probably be in prison.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14443 on November 26, 2021, 09:40:49 am by River Don »

Have you proactively gone to the go asking for ones not commonly circulated, if not my point stands

I don't think it does.

If I'm required to have one I take it. If I'm offered one i take it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14444 on November 26, 2021, 09:43:44 am by River Don »
If the Covid vacinne were 100% effective then it would be a matter of personal choice because the threat of passing it on would be gone.

I'd be quite happy for you to refuse vacinnation in that scenario CDH.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14445 on November 26, 2021, 09:44:36 am by Ldr »

I don't think it does.

Don’t get me wrong RD I’m not having a go at you personally. It’s how far down this path ppl want to go. No other vaccinated any of us have had have been to protect anyone but the recipient but now this is been pushed to protect others. Doesn’t that make you want to ask questions? Even a little?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14446 on November 26, 2021, 09:47:38 am by River Don »
Next to no difference in transmissibility?

That's not true even amongst people living in the same household the chances of transmission are reduced by 10 or 15%. And if it is transmitted amongst vacinnated people then the risks are greatly reduced. In situations outside the home the chances of transmission are lower still.

Therefore jabbed people are less of a risk.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14447 on November 26, 2021, 09:50:20 am by Filo »

Dear oh dear.

1. I am not a danger to myself because the virus doesn't kill 99.9% of people, let alone many people in their 40's. Therefore the risk to me is negligible even without a vaccine.

2. Even if i was at a greatly increased risk from Covid, it is still my choice whether i wish to dance with danger or not. Nobody elses. My body, my choice.

3. Vaccinated people still pass on Covid to others. The delta variant for example shows next to no difference in transmissability between the jabbed and unjabbed. Therefore, jabbed people are just as much a risk to others as the unjabbed. Not sure why people don't understand this simple concept.

4. Even if the vaccine 100% stopped Covid. It is still the choice of the individual whether to have a vaccine injected into their body.

5. I am very anti social yes. By choice.  If i wasn't then i'd probably be in prison.

A vaccinated person with covid has a significantly reduced viral load, so the chances of spreading it are a lot smaller than an unvaccinated person

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14448 on November 26, 2021, 09:55:51 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I don't think it does.

Don’t get me wrong RD I’m not having a go at you personally. It’s how far down this path ppl want to go. No other vaccinated any of us have had have been to protect anyone but the recipient but now this is been pushed to protect others. Doesn’t that make you want to ask questions? Even a little?

Which is clearly what they are doing with 12 - 15 year olds. Promoting it to kids and saying to them it is to help protect others or to help them stay in school when they don't actually need it themselves for their own health. Load of b*llocks.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14449 on November 26, 2021, 09:56:52 am by River Don »
LDR,

I think this is probably the first time in history that we have a situation where we have a highly transmissible disease and a vacinne available to protect against it. It's a new situation.

Last time we faced anything like this was with Spanish flu. At the time the European powers were more concerned with fighting the First World War. There was no treatment so, essentially they ignored it. Ultimately though the flu killed more than the war did.

The dilemma does concern me of course, there are those who react badly to the vacinne. Ultimately we have to weigh up the risks and vacinnation does reduce the risk substantially. So, I think we have to go with it.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14450 on November 26, 2021, 09:57:54 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Dear oh dear.

A vaccinated person with covid has a significantly reduced viral load, so the chances of spreading it are a lot smaller than an unvaccinated person

Why do cases remain high and are going up on some days when nearly 90% of the UK is jabbed?

Must be the unjabbed eh?

Wake up jeez.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:03:08 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14451 on November 26, 2021, 09:58:00 am by normal rules »
Very disturbing news coming out of South Africa. The R rate is Gauteng where the new variant is prevalent is around 2. I’m not confident us and the Eu preventing flights from South Africa will stop its spread. People will find a way and just fly via another country like the Middle East. It is coming to the uk sooner or later. That’s if it’s not here already. The big question is around transmissibility. And will the vaccines to date stand up to it.
I see airline shares have tanked this morning. Tui down 10%. IAG down 15%.
Not good signs .
I am fully prepared for another national lockdown.
The govt are playing this down. I fear we are going to get caught with our pants down again.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14452 on November 26, 2021, 10:04:19 am by River Don »
Very disturbing news coming out of South Africa. The R rate is Gauteng where the new variant is prevalent is around 2. I’m not confident us and the Eu preventing flights from South Africa will stop its spread. People will find a way and just fly via another country like the Middle East. It is coming to the uk sooner or later. That’s if it’s not here already. The big question is around transmissibility. And will the vaccines to date stand up to it.
Not good signs .
The govt are playing this down. I fear we are going to get caught with our pants down again.

Very dispiriting news this.

They should be making mask wearing mandatory in public spaces this morning. They should be encouraging social distancing again.

As ever with this, act fast ask questions later.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14453 on November 26, 2021, 10:13:03 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I don't think it does.

What if the Government said you needed a booster every month for ever, along with taking 2 pills a day to ward off the evil Covid? Would you take them?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14454 on November 26, 2021, 10:17:27 am by Filo »

I don't think it does.

What if the Government said you needed a booster every month for ever, along with taking 2 pills a day to ward off the evil Covid? Would you take them?

Considering I take 4 pills a day and an injection once a week, for another health condition, I don’t think that would be such a hardship. My wife takes 13 pills a day, a couple more wouldn’t be out of the way

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14455 on November 26, 2021, 10:18:41 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not good signs .

Very dispiriting news this.

They should be making mask wearing mandatory in public spaces this morning. They should be encouraging social distancing again.

As ever with this, act fast ask questions later.

I think you will find that there will now be a large number of people in this country who will simply ignore all future restrictions which is healthy.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14456 on November 26, 2021, 10:20:19 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I don't think it does.

Considering I take 4 pills a day and an injection once a week, for another health condition, I don’t think that would be such a hardship. My wife takes 13 pills a day, a couple more wouldn’t be out of the way

That is my point though. Old people already on shedloads of medication and taking jabs every 2 minutes simply want everyone to do the same, even young folk and kids who don't even need them, just so that they be safe.. It is embarrassing, pathetic and selfish. Kids have already suffered so that older people can enjoy their lives. Never again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14457 on November 26, 2021, 10:26:45 am by Filo »

I don't think it does.

That is my point though. Old people already on shedloads of medication and taking jabs every 2 minutes simply want everyone to do the same, even young folk and kids who don't even need them, just so that they be safe.. It is embarrassing, pathetic and selfish. Kids have already suffered so that older people can enjoy their lives. Never again.

You asked if we would take the added pills and injections, not sure where your point was in that statement, also there are many young people on “shed loads” of medication, diabetics, epileptics, ashmatics etc.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14458 on November 26, 2021, 10:27:20 am by normal rules »

Dear oh dear.

Re point 1. Don’t get too obsessed with covid killing people. There are plenty of young healthy people who have had it and suffering long term affects. Long covid. Debilitating.

Re point 2. I understand from a previous post that you have a disorder and as such you may be medicated. If, good forbid, you got poorly through covid, who would you turn to? Your choice you say. What if the nhs chose not to treat people who they classed as irresponsible.  The very organisation that I have no doubt you will have received support from previously and May still do? Perhaps you would just advocate an every man for himself policy?

In which case……….

Point 5. I think prison may be a good option for you.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14459 on November 26, 2021, 10:30:03 am by River Don »

I don't think it does.

I suppose I would but its a moot point. In reality we are likely looking at an annual booster in the autumn as we do with flu. Possibly a new vaccine if there is a breakout varient. I can easily manage that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012