Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:04:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860478 times)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14460 on November 26, 2021, 10:30:55 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Because most young people or even middle aged people don't need any medication for Covid yet they could theoretically be forced to take any amount of vaccines / meds for it just because others want them to. Young people do take meds for other things yes but they are needed. Vaccines and meds for Covid aren't needed for the vast majority of people and yet it is now the turn of 5 year olds to get their 'medicine' soon.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14461 on November 26, 2021, 10:33:10 am by River Don »
Very disturbing news coming out of South Africa. The R rate is Gauteng where the new variant is prevalent is around 2. I’m not confident us and the Eu preventing flights from South Africa will stop its spread. People will find a way and just fly via another country like the Middle East. It is coming to the uk sooner or later. That’s if it’s not here already. The big question is around transmissibility. And will the vaccines to date stand up to it.
I see airline shares have tanked this morning. Tui down 10%. IAG down 15%.
Not good signs .
I am fully prepared for another national lockdown.
The govt are playing this down. I fear we are going to get caught with our pants down again.

Very dispiriting news this.

They should be making mask wearing mandatory in public spaces this morning. They should be encouraging social distancing again.

As ever with this, act fast ask questions later.

I think you will find that there will now be a large number of people in this country who will simply ignore all future restrictions which is healthy.

How could that be healthy?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14462 on November 26, 2021, 10:36:53 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I'm sorry CDH but the benefits of vacinnation are clear.

In not being upto date with your vacinnes you are a danger to yourself and others. It's simply antisocial behaviour.

Dear oh dear.

1. I am not a danger to myself because the virus doesn't kill 99.9% of people, let alone many people in their 40's. Therefore the risk to me is negligible even without a vaccine.

2. Even if i was at a greatly increased risk from Covid, it is still my choice whether i wish to dance with danger or not. Nobody elses. My body, my choice.

3. Vaccinated people still pass on Covid to others. The delta variant for example shows next to no difference in transmissability between the jabbed and unjabbed. Therefore, jabbed people are just as much a risk to others as the unjabbed. Not sure why people don't understand this simple concept.

4. Even if the vaccine 100% stopped Covid. It is still the choice of the individual whether to have a vaccine injected into their body.

5. I am very anti social yes. By choice.  If i wasn't then i'd probably be in prison.

Re point 1. Don’t get too obsessed with covid killing people. There are plenty of young healthy people who have had it and suffering long term affects. Long covid. Debilitating.

Re point 2. I understand from a previous post that you have a disorder and as such you may be medicated. If, good forbid, you got poorly through covid, who would you turn to? Your choice you say. What if the nhs chose not to treat people who they classed as irresponsible.  The very organisation that I have no doubt you will have received support from previously and May still do? Perhaps you would just advocate an every man for himself policy?

In which case……….

Point 5. I think prison may be a good option for you.

1. I have M.E and therefore Long Covid would be a walk in the park. If you know any M.E sufferers then you'd understand. All Long Covid is is another form of post viral syndrome. There are plenty out there but yet only Long Covid matters apparently. Not bothered at all by Long Covid.

2. There are no medications for my 'conditions'. The support i have received from the NHS has been none existent.

3. The NHS treat people who play football and break their legs. They treat idiots who go climbing mountains or go hiking in the Peak District using a mobile phone as navigation. They treat alcoholics. Smokers. They treat people with all sorts of self inflicted or avoidable injuries caused by irresponsible people. Yet you say they should make those who choose to remain unjabbed or who resist restrictions should not receive treatment?

4. I believe it is you who should be in prison my friend lol

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14463 on November 26, 2021, 10:37:49 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Very disturbing news coming out of South Africa. The R rate is Gauteng where the new variant is prevalent is around 2. I’m not confident us and the Eu preventing flights from South Africa will stop its spread. People will find a way and just fly via another country like the Middle East. It is coming to the uk sooner or later. That’s if it’s not here already. The big question is around transmissibility. And will the vaccines to date stand up to it.
Not good signs .
The govt are playing this down. I fear we are going to get caught with our pants down again.

They should be making mask wearing mandatory in public spaces this morning. They should be encouraging social distancing again.

I think you will find that there will now be a large number of people in this country who will simply ignore all future restrictions which is healthy.

It is for most people. It is called normality and accepting the virus.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14464 on November 26, 2021, 10:49:28 am by normal rules »

In not being upto date with your vacinnes you are a danger to yourself and others. It's simply antisocial behaviour.

Dear oh dear.

1. I am not a danger to myself because the virus doesn't kill 99.9% of people, let alone many people in their 40's. Therefore the risk to me is negligible even without a vaccine.

2. Even if i was at a greatly increased risk from Covid, it is still my choice whether i wish to dance with danger or not. Nobody elses. My body, my choice.

3. Vaccinated people still pass on Covid to others. The delta variant for example shows next to no difference in transmissability between the jabbed and unjabbed. Therefore, jabbed people are just as much a risk to others as the unjabbed. Not sure why people don't understand this simple concept.

4. Even if the vaccine 100% stopped Covid. It is still the choice of the individual whether to have a vaccine injected into their body.

5. I am very anti social yes. By choice.  If i wasn't then i'd probably be in prison.

Re point 1. Don’t get too obsessed with covid killing people. There are plenty of young healthy people who have had it and suffering long term affects. Long covid. Debilitating.

Re point 2. I understand from a previous post that you have a disorder and as such you may be medicated. If, good forbid, you got poorly through covid, who would you turn to? Your choice you say. What if the nhs chose not to treat people who they classed as irresponsible.  The very organisation that I have no doubt you will have received support from previously and May still do? Perhaps you would just advocate an every man for himself policy?

In which case……….

1. I have M.E and therefore Long Covid would be a walk in the park. If you know any M.E sufferers then you'd understand. All Long Covid is is another form of post viral syndrome. There are plenty out there but yet only Long Covid matters apparently. Not bothered at all by Long Covid.

2. There are no medications for my 'conditions'. The support i have received from the NHS has been none existent.

3. The NHS treat people who play football and break their legs. They treat idiots who go climbing mountains or go hiking in the Peak District using a mobile phone as navigation. They treat alcoholics. Smokers. They treat people with all sorts of self inflicted or avoidable injuries caused by irresponsible people. Yet you say they should make those who choose to remain unjabbed or who resist restrictions should not receive treatment?

I did not suggest the nhs take such a stance. It’s called supposition.
I genuinely feel for you suffering ME. Do you know anyone with ME and Long Covid though?
This really should be a consideration for you.
Anyone with ME who contracts covid is at moderate risk of developing complications.
So whilst you think covid would be a “walk in the park “ compared to ME, I fear you are not considering the implications of ME WITH Covid.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 11:11:18 am by normal rules »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14465 on November 26, 2021, 11:39:17 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Not good signs .

It is for most people. It is called normality and accepting the virus.

I've said before, there's s nasty side of me wishes these "live with it" people could be transported into the parallel universe where we DID "live with it". Where we didn't do lockdowns or vaccines. I wish they could have a day in the mass mortuaries. Or in the hospital's with people dying of COVID on blankets in the corridors. In their tens of thousands up and down the country.

But we can't make them see that. Because grown ups have taken decisions to protect them from that. While they stamp their feet and throw their f**king strops about how unfair it is.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14466 on November 26, 2021, 11:44:19 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Replace the word 'unfair' with 'unlawful', and we can take it from there.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14467 on November 26, 2021, 11:50:26 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Dear oh dear.

In which case……….

I genuinely feel for you suffering ME. Do you know anyone with ME and Long Covid though?
Anyone with ME who contracts covid is at moderate risk of developing complications.
So whilst you think covid would be a “walk in the park “ compared to ME, I fear you are not considering the implications of ME WITH Covid.

I have considered the implications of having M.E and Covid. I can't change the fact that there is a virus knocking about that we are all going to get can i?

If i get Covid then i either survive or i don't. Pretty simple really.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14468 on November 26, 2021, 12:02:23 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
So if there was another lockdown of sorts, would you keep schools open and kids events unaffected?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14469 on November 26, 2021, 12:03:52 pm by normal rules »

I’d be interested to hear your philosophy around the wearing of seatbelts in cars.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14470 on November 26, 2021, 12:07:32 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I’d be interested to hear your philosophy around the wearing of seatbelts in cars.

If the vaccine stopped transmission then you may have a point. It doesn't. 

If masks worked then you may have a point. They don't.

If the number of deaths and adverse health events caused as a result of lockdowns and restrictions were less than those of Covid deaths then you may have a point. They aren't less - they are more.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14471 on November 26, 2021, 12:09:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

If the number of deaths and adverse health events caused as a result of lockdowns and restrictions were less than those of Covid deaths then you may have a point. They aren't less - they are more.

That last paragraph is the single most stupid, ignorant thing you will hear on this subject. But it's going to go down as fact among am angry, ill informed, easily misled section of the population.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 12:37:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14472 on November 26, 2021, 12:11:39 pm by normal rules »
The vaccine isn’t just about transmission though is it?

Masks do work, to an extent.

And I’m making no comparison against lockdowns either.

If you drive a car or are a passenger do you wear a seatbelt? I asked a simple question about what your philosophy is around the wearing of a seatbelt.
If yes, which I suspect will be the answer, then why?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #14473 on November 26, 2021, 12:21:02 pm by Axholme Lion »

That last paragraph is the single most stupid, ignorant thing you will hear on this subject. But it's going to go down as fact among am angry, I'll informed, easily misled section of the population.

If it could be proved, apparently the Government won't release such info, that lockdown caused more deaths and problems than not locking down, would you still be in favour of them?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14474 on November 26, 2021, 12:26:57 pm by no eyed deer »
The vaccine isn’t just about transmission though is it?

Masks do work, to an extent.

And I’m making no comparison against lockdowns either.

If you drive a car or are a passenger do you wear a seatbelt? I asked a simple question about what your philosophy is around the wearing of a seatbelt.
If yes, which I suspect will be the answer, then why?

You must think of a better comparison than seatbelts !!

They don't distinguish between whos wearing them, its the same percentage of survival rate. Where as Covid.......

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14475 on November 26, 2021, 12:29:28 pm by normal rules »
The figure we will never be able to calculate of course , is, with no lockdown measures at all, and hospitals up and down the country overflowing , with emergency morgues full to busting with body bags , just how many extra deaths there may have been, had no measures been taken at all. And I’m not just talking about covid deaths here. I’m talking about stroke and heart attack victims who there would have simply been no one there to care for. Persons caught in bad car crashes. Fires, bad falls. Industrial accidents , drowning. The list goes on and on. The governments main concern was the complete overwhelming of the nhs. People dying in corridors with no one to look after them. Insufficient ventilators etc.
So to have a meaningful comparitative conversation on the matter we would have to have an understanding of this also.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14476 on November 26, 2021, 12:33:38 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yes. Because the NHS is shit.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14477 on November 26, 2021, 12:39:04 pm by normal rules »
As one of my learned friends who works in crown court would say.
I have no further questions.

Is there a way to filter people on here admin?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14478 on November 26, 2021, 12:39:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

That last paragraph is the single most stupid, ignorant thing you will hear on this subject. But it's going to go down as fact among am angry, I'll informed, easily misled section of the population.

If it could be proved, apparently the Government won't release such info, that lockdown caused more deaths and problems than not locking down, would you still be in favour of them?
Do you REALLY need to ask that question?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14480 on November 26, 2021, 12:47:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The figure we will never be able to calculate of course , is, with no lockdown measures at all, and hospitals up and down the country overflowing , with emergency morgues full to busting with body bags , just how many extra deaths there may have been, had no measures been taken at all. And I’m not just talking about covid deaths here. I’m talking about stroke and heart attack victims who there would have simply been no one there to care for. Persons caught in bad car crashes. Fires, bad falls. Industrial accidents , drowning. The list goes on and on. The governments main concern was the complete overwhelming of the nhs. People dying in corridors with no one to look after them. Insufficient ventilators etc.
So to have a meaningful comparitative conversation on the matter we would have to have an understanding of this also.

We DO have an inkling of what it would have been like, and the deniers consistently refuse to engage with it.

In Bergamo in Northern Italy, where they had the World's one and only unmitigated COVID outbreak in Spring 2020. 0.6% of the entire population dead within 6 weeks. (That scales up to about 400,000 for the UK.)

Hospitals were overwhelmed. They WERR treating patients on the corridor floors. They stopped all other treatments for weeks.

They survived because they had a lockdown which stopped other cities from being hit as hard. So they had the spare capacity in other hospitals to take up the slack.

But Bergamo is a medium sized city. About the size of Sheffield.

Picture the situation if they'd have allowed the virus to go on to rip through Milan or Turin which are much bigger places. It's terrifying to contemplate. 

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14481 on November 26, 2021, 12:58:38 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
They had a lockdown because they were persuaded to by the Chinese and thus completely going against pandemic planning in Western Europe. Once the pictures of the situation in Bergamo (grossly exaggerated by the media) were beamed across the world, other countries followed due to panic and groupthink (apart from Sweden) and before we knew it, we were following a Chinese policy on virus control.

Now it has become the norm to lock people away to manage a flu virus.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14482 on November 26, 2021, 01:01:56 pm by wilts rover »
Oh go on then

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14483 on November 26, 2021, 01:02:57 pm by normal rules »
I am beginning to believe the real test is yet to come in the coming months if the South Africa variant lands on our shores. The vaccines to date may be futile against it. And transmission rates could be exponentially worse than anything we have seen to date .
Everything that has happened since nov 19 could just be the lull before the storm.
And now, at a time when our nhs is exhausted. And staff are leaving in numbers.
Even then, there will be those in denial.
My sister has not been jabbed. She recognises it is present, in fact she had it only a few weeks ago, but she refuses to be jabbed. Our father, age 74, also refuses. And that’s his choice.
I had a convo with my sister recently that the conversations we would have on the subject would be totally different if dad, bless him, was laid on his death bed with covid. She actually agrees with me on this . Which is totally nuts.
It’s like she is ok with non vax but when the chips are really down and the fan is full of shit, only then would she concede. When it’s too late.
She works on an airline and has said she will only be vaxxed if she has to to keep her job.
I just don’t get it. I really don’t.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14484 on November 26, 2021, 01:05:36 pm by River Don »

We DO have an inkling of what it would have been like, and the deniers consistently refuse to engage with it.

In Bergamo in Northern Italy, where they had the World's one and only unmitigated COVID outbreak in Spring 2020. 0.6% of the entire population dead within 6 weeks. (That scales up to about 400,000 for the UK.)

Hospitals were overwhelmed. They WERR treating patients on the corridor floors. They stopped all other treatments for weeks.

They survived because they had a lockdown which stopped other cities from being hit as hard. So they had the spare capacity in other hospitals to take up the slack.

But Bergamo is a medium sized city. About the size of Sheffield.

Picture the situation if they'd have allowed the virus to go on to rip through Milan or Turin which are much bigger places. It's terrifying to contemplate. 

Dominic Cummings explained what would have happened.

Just in time they did some back of a fag packet calculations and realised unless we locked down the NHS would fall over.

At that point he explained, when hospitals were overwhelmed people would have panicked and locked down themselves anyway. With hospitals closed deaths from other conditions would have rocketed. They were worried about maintaining public order. It would have been absolute chaos.

So really, there was no alternative to lockdown.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14485 on November 26, 2021, 01:16:44 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The NHS has fallen over already. Deaths from other conditions have rocketed.

Lockdown 1 i agreed with in a sense because nobody knew what we were dealing with. Come November last year, we knew much more, everyone was reassured that they could get food and medications and that society would not collapse but yet we had more lockdowns.

Lockdown 1 is the only one in which i cannot blame the Government for. The others were avoidable, politically motivated and unnecessary.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14486 on November 26, 2021, 01:18:24 pm by ravenrover »

Dear oh dear.

In which case……….

I have considered the implications of having M.E and Covid. I can't change the fact that there is a virus knocking about that we are all going to get can i?

So if you caught it and didn't survive would that bother anyone else? Your family ?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14487 on November 26, 2021, 01:20:22 pm by River Don »
The NHS has fallen over already. Deaths from other conditions have rocketed.

Lockdown 1 i agreed with in a sense because nobody knew what we were dealing with. Come November last year, we knew much more, everyone was reassured that they could get food and medications and that society would not collapse but yet we had more lockdowns.

Lockdown 1 is the only one in which i cannot blame the Government for. The others were avoidable, politically motivated and unnecessary.

No the NHS has not fallen over. It is under severe stress.

They will look at the reality of this South African varient, do the calculations and if we face the prospect of hospitals really being overwhelmed, then they will have no option but to act again and bring in another lockdown.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14488 on November 26, 2021, 01:22:52 pm by normal rules »
Exactly RD. The narrow minded amongst us see covid as a virus that will either kill you, make you very poorly , a little poorly or not poorly at all. And nothing else.
They have little or no concept of the big picture. And how everything affects everything else.
There is a very fine line in society, and it’s getting finer, between societal calmness and a complete and utter breakdown of what we know as normal.
There are glimmers of it in Europe right now. Rioting on the streets. A breakdown in civil obedience. This is nothing compared to what could become reality.
. Imagine a uk where you mum or dad has no ambulance to come and pick them up when they have had a stroke or heart attack. No one to come and save their life. Then what? Everything we take for granted goes out of the window.
Maslows heirarchy of needs. Life becomes about survival and not a lot else. 
We have seen what happens in our so called developed country when there is a little perceived shortage of fuel. Shortage of pasta or toilet rolls.
Multiply this by 100 and you get some where near what a complete breakdown of society means. And it would not take too much to do this. It would start with people literally dying at home in the street with no one to care for them, except bag them up and take them to the nearest morgue.
This would lead to mass civil unrest at perceived failings by the govts.
The rest does not bear thinking about.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14489 on November 26, 2021, 01:24:44 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Dear oh dear.

In which case……….

So if you caught it and didn't survive would that bother anyone else? Your family ?

Yes obviously but we understand that. We can't cheat death forever. For some reason people in the West cannot discuss or accept dying as an inevitable consequence of living and cannot accept the timing of death may not be convenient.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012