Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:55:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860383 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14580 on November 27, 2021, 11:38:07 pm by Ldr »
Billy, when you develop the ability to debate without emotive b*llocks come back yeah?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14581 on November 27, 2021, 11:38:57 pm by Ldr »
You don’t half come out with random examples. Put simply, I don’t wish you any harm but couldn’t really care less if it happened. I have no responsibility for you as you have none for me. Anything otherwise is nothing but a massive guilt trip

Nice attitude  :blink:

Just being honest Dagenham

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14582 on November 27, 2021, 11:52:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

Nothing emotive at all. It's a logical extension of your stance. You claim to believe you are only responsible for your own safety and that you have no responsibility for collective safety. I'm merely pointing out what that means.

I don't REALLY think you would have supported people who refused to comply with the blackout. Because I'm quite sure that you don't REALLY believe we all have no duty of responsibility to society. Which leaves me wondering why you paint yourself as a fundamentalist over an issue like mask wearing.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14583 on November 27, 2021, 11:54:56 pm by Ldr »
Where did I mention masks? I wore one shopping today.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14584 on November 27, 2021, 11:57:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
But you uphold other people's rights to choose to mingle without wearing a mask?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14585 on November 27, 2021, 11:58:37 pm by Ldr »
Definitely, they do not have any responsibility to me

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14586 on November 28, 2021, 12:06:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Then my question stands. Why be so fundamentalist in this when you reject the logic of where that attitude leads to?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14587 on November 28, 2021, 12:13:20 am by Ldr »
Because I do not believe in collective responsibility

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14588 on November 28, 2021, 12:50:59 am by SydneyRover »
Because I do not believe in collective responsibility

Are you saying in your world people do not need third party insurance, public liability insurance, I'm not sure how it all works on a practical level without collective responsibility Ldr.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14589 on November 28, 2021, 12:51:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So you WOULD support someone's right to not join in the blackout?

How odd!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14590 on November 28, 2021, 12:56:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Let me ask another question.

That scene in Trainspotting where Begbie hoys the pint pot over his shoulder and over the balcony into the crowded bar.

You agree that was a wrong thing to do?

If so, why was he wrong to do it? Surely he doesn't have responsibility for how his actions affect the wider community?

Surely it's the responsibility of the other drinkers to watch out for falling glassware?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14591 on November 28, 2021, 08:33:19 am by Nudga »
Had my old apprentice round yesterday helping with some plastering work at home.
He was telling me how his Nan died from cancer last year but yep, tested positive and she's now down as a covid statistic. ONS love these type of people don't they.
Also his rugby playing mate who played at a decent standard can longer play again after having his first jab and developing myocarditis.
Career ruined for having something that wouldn't have saved this young man's life from the dreaded lurgy. He'd have been better catching the lurgy and shaking it off, just like my old apprentice and his girlfriend did after coming down with it half way up Mount Snowden.
His words, "I felt like shit for 4 days, like a bad hangover and body aches, weirdist thing was losing sense of taste and smell, took about two weeks after that to feel right again".
Amazingly he didn't have a vaccine AND survived. He now has better protection but will soon be forced out of society because his government wants to use him as a dartboard.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14592 on November 28, 2021, 09:14:47 am by no eyed deer »

That scene in Trainspotting where Begbie hoys the pint pot over his shoulder and over the balcony into the crowded bar.

If so, why was he wrong to do it? Surely he doesn't have responsibility for how his actions affect the wider community?

Surely it's the responsibility of the other drinkers to watch out for falling glassware?

He did it in a  pub, if you’re that worried about COVID don’t go into said pub…. Simple

Take responsibility for yourself. Let others be free. Those who are not worried.

2 cases in Britain and already talk of lockdown. Far to earlier to even know how the vaccine will react.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14593 on November 28, 2021, 09:31:14 am by Filo »

He did it in a  pub, if you’re that worried about COVID don’t go into said pub…. Simple

Take responsibility for yourself. Let others be free. Those who are not worried.

2 cases in Britain and already talk of lockdown. Far to earlier to even know how the vaccine will react.

Last time people were saying we reacted far to late with restrictions, now they are saying we’ve reacted early, I’m no lover of this Government but this time they are on the ball, my only gripe is the restrictions are still contradictory and confusing

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14594 on November 28, 2021, 10:01:24 am by wilts rover »
It is everyone’s responsibility to maintain a level of bio security that is comfortable for them. It is not their responsibility for others

Thats like saying you can ignore the speed limit because you can travel at a speed you are comfortable with. Yes you might damage your car slighty if you hit a pedestrian doing 50 in a 30 zone - but its a heck of a lot more serious for them.

You have to wear a mask, in certain circumstances, now because it's the law. Unless it's a PPE mask it won't protect you, but it will minimise you spreading covid if you had it unsymptamatically.

That's just facts. Masks, like speed limits, give some protection to other people from the consequences of your actions.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14595 on November 28, 2021, 10:10:22 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Exactly my thoughts. Personal responsibility for a virus that we can no longer contain. That is what the jabs are for. If people are still concerned about having Covid after having their jabs then i'm sorry, but it is tough. Let the people who wish to live a life do so and those who wish to remain cautious by avoiding normal life do so.

For example, if there is a theatre show tonight and you want to go then go. No masks. No distancing. If you want to go but are concerned about Covid then you can go and wear a mask or just don't go. It is not the responsibility of the theatre and all the other theatregoers to keep you safe. It is your responsibility to decide what level of risk you are prepared to take. Because life has to get back to normal.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14596 on November 28, 2021, 10:14:38 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
If you feel you can't wear a mask wear a bloody face shield they do not interfere with any breathing problems  pretend or real :)  and as far as I'm concerned either should be mandatory no stupid bullshit exceptions  especially in taxis etc. and yes Ive had covid it aint nice

How would you tell that to an autistic person who can only wear certain types of clothes made of certain fabrics and who can't even wear watches or jewellery because the sensation and the feeling of restriction that having these items on their skin overwhelms them? A mask for many autistic people is not an option but i guess in your world, such people would be cast asunder into the gutter and left to rot maybe?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14597 on November 28, 2021, 10:16:27 am by SydneyRover »
''In England, between 2 January and 2 July 2021, there were 51,281 deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19); 640 occurred in people who were fully vaccinated, which includes people who had been infected before they were vaccinated''

''The risk of death involving COVID-19 was consistently lower for people who had received two vaccinations compared to one or no vaccination, as shown by the weekly age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for deaths involving COVID-19''

Take care out there, wherever you are.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14598 on November 28, 2021, 10:19:37 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
''In England, between 2 January and 2 July 2021, there were 51,281 deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19); 640 occurred in people who were fully vaccinated, which includes people who had been infected before they were vaccinated''

''The risk of death involving COVID-19 was consistently lower for people who had received two vaccinations compared to one or no vaccination, as shown by the weekly age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for deaths involving COVID-19''

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021

Dying of cancer today is about 6 -7 times more likely that dying of Covid. Did you all wake this morning really worried that cancer would take you today? Or did you worry about a minor virus that everyone seems to come on here and say they've had and it was really nasty but yet they are still alive to post about it!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14599 on November 28, 2021, 10:23:00 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Remember the huge concern over the Brazilian variant. Then the Nepal variant. Then the Indian variant. Then the Delta variant. It's all bunkum my friends. In the spring, when the Government have used the fearmongering over the Omnicron variant to push more boosters, more kids into getting jabs and vaccine passports, then they'll say oh, it wasn't as bad as we first thought.

Just like all the others you mean?

It is cry wolf and i'm sick of it. Predictable bullshit from a nudging, manipulative Government and yet people STILL fall for this crap.

Stand firm. Ignore restrictions. Live your life.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 10:26:18 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14600 on November 28, 2021, 10:27:17 am by SydneyRover »

Dying of cancer today is about 6 -7 times more likely that dying of Covid. Did you all wake this morning really worried that cancer would take you today? Or did you worry about a minor virus that everyone seems to come on here and say they've had and it was really nasty but yet they are still alive to post about it!

Your argument is getting more and more ridiculous CDH, not a lot you can do about cancer ................ well maybe you can, a lot of people have stopped smoking and a great many have stopped working with asbestos.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14601 on November 28, 2021, 10:29:12 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
CDH.
You're obviously an intelligent person. But you refuse to take the advice of the VAST majority of medical opinion, on distancing, on vaccines, or masks.

That's the bit I don't get.

Then this.
there is nothing to fear

You're right. There isn't anything much to fear for you and you child. But your mask wearing is not about protecting you. It's about stopping you potentially doing damage to others. So what example ARE you setting your child? Given that the VAST majority of medical opinion is that wearing a mask does have a non-negligible effect on reducing the spread of the virus. Because from where I'm looking, it seems you're telling your son that you prefer the take your lead from internet warriors rather than expert opinion. Or that you really don't care about other people.

This is the bit that I have trouble with. The idea that not wearing a mask is somehow a mark of brave resistance. When it is actually a mark of ignorance or lack of respect for others.

There are a multitude of scientists who don't agree with masks and other measures. Just the ones that the Government don't employ or the MSM won't hear.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14602 on November 28, 2021, 10:32:04 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Wish people would just be honest and admit they are frightened of Covid and thus want people to adhere to measures so that they will be safer. But then they put the onus on the fact that they stick to measures to protect others when deep down they know that is b*llocks and they know that they are using that as excuse to get people to comply because this would make them safer. So that in itself is selfish behaviour.

These people are in denial.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14603 on November 28, 2021, 10:34:06 am by Filo »
Wish people would just be honest and admit they are frightened of Covid and thus want people to adhere to measures so that they will be safer. But then they put the onus on the fact that they stick to measures to protect others when deep down they know that is b*llocks and they know that they are using that as excuse to get people to comply because this would make them safer. So that in itself is selfish behaviour.

Were 144k dead people in denial?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14604 on November 28, 2021, 10:39:08 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Not heard that one before.  ;) Doesn't work on me i'm afraid.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14605 on November 28, 2021, 10:55:49 am by no eyed deer »

And what is the average age ?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14606 on November 28, 2021, 11:03:08 am by Nudga »
Midazolam.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14607 on November 28, 2021, 11:07:08 am by SydneyRover »

And what is the average age ?

I think in a debate the idea is to say something along the lines of ................ ah but, due to the average age ........... and then make your case ned, just sayin'

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14608 on November 28, 2021, 11:30:40 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Filo didn't want unmasked people in his taxi. Not to protect others, but to protect himself.

Perfectly understandable of course but drop all the virtue signalling about protecting others. People want restrictions because they are frightened and can't handle the fact that other people aren't.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14609 on November 28, 2021, 11:35:42 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Masks work that well in Wales and Northern Ireland where they have worn them throughout, that cases haven't gone down. Work that one out lol.

Anyway, this latest mask mandate is not law. It is guidance.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 11:58:26 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012