Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:06:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860570 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14760 on December 07, 2021, 04:05:26 pm by wilts rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #14761 on December 07, 2021, 04:23:37 pm by sha66y »
We elect a government to make the ‘hard’ decisions during times of difficulty, decisions made to protect the mass of the country’s population.

If those decisions include restrictions on air travel, large gatherings of people, the ‘enforced’ wearing of masks in public places, cancellations of ‘non-urgent’ operations or full lockdown then so be it.

We’re in the throes of a pandemic & that has been the case for over two years & could well be the case for the next two or more years with the real possibility of even more transmissible variants of covid rearing their heads as we now brace ourselves to deal with the Omicron variant.

I don’t have a business to run but I’ve had an operation put on hold for the foreseeable future, three hospital consultations cancelled in the past two years & understandably so as the NHS frontline staff gear up for another testing time on the near horizon whilst still dealing with patients suffering from covid as they have since early 2020.

‘I’ve had to cancel my holiday again’……do me a favour.

Anyone who describes the current situation in the country as “…a charade of endless panic & restrictions” needs a reality check & a good slap.

That pretty much sums up the party line………….

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14762 on December 07, 2021, 04:31:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Seriously high positive case numbers now. The 7 day average is now at over 48k per day. That's only been exceed for a fortnight back in the depths of the January wave.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14763 on December 07, 2021, 04:33:01 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Even the fully jabbed will have to isolate for 10 days if they get Omicron. Not much point in getting jabbed and testing yourself then really. Do vaccine passports not now work for Omicron then?  :lol: ;)

I can't think why you would want to get tested.

Agree. I've had various colds and things in the past 20 months and not tested once. My kid got tested once before school first went back until we realised it was a load of cobblers and that she'd bascially have to stick carcinogenic swabs in mouth and nose twice a week until the end of time. Some parents are actually still subjectig their kids to this nonsense.

I'm furious too. Just got the kid back from school and she said they were all sat in class freezing to death in their coats with the bloody windows open.

Letter to the public health dept incoming and also school board of governers. Don't bother with the head anymore as he's a grade A prick and already knows my feelings. There has to some sort of law against subjecting kids to be sat in the cold whilst in school? Rather teach from home now as school is becoming like a medieval prison.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14764 on December 07, 2021, 05:26:15 pm by wilts rover »
Just in case people missed it - latest infection figures by age groups, The highest rate of infection is among children age 5-9 then 10-19

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14765 on December 07, 2021, 05:28:28 pm by wilts rover »
Even the fully jabbed will have to isolate for 10 days if they get Omicron. Not much point in getting jabbed and testing yourself then really. Do vaccine passports not now work for Omicron then?  :lol: ;)

I can't think why you would want to get tested.

Agree. I've had various colds and things in the past 20 months and not tested once. My kid got tested once before school first went back until we realised it was a load of cobblers and that she'd bascially have to stick carcinogenic swabs in mouth and nose twice a week until the end of time. Some parents are actually still subjectig their kids to this nonsense.

I'm furious too. Just got the kid back from school and she said they were all sat in class freezing to death in their coats with the bloody windows open.

Letter to the public health dept incoming and also school board of governers. Don't bother with the head anymore as he's a grade A prick and already knows my feelings. There has to some sort of law against subjecting kids to be sat in the cold whilst in school? Rather teach from home now as school is becoming like a medieval prison.

You do as you like but they are following UK Government guidelines. Write to your MP and get the guidance changed:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/guidance-for-schools-coronavirus-covid-19

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #14766 on December 07, 2021, 06:03:18 pm by kirk »
  The government really cannot win, they have had criticism for not locking down early enough, for imposing restrictions now that are too heavy handed especially for air travel, and any business with a vested interest in self preservation such as hospitality, travel, and the arts kick up a fuss at every restriction that is brought in that effects them. It really is a Rock and a Hard place helped by the nobody tells me what to do brigade.
  If it wasn't so serious it would be very funny, and with very well off people like Elton John kicking off about the amount of money it is costing him at times it is simply hilarious.
  On a TV broadcast this morning it was stated that over 90% of those hospitalised at the moment are not vaccinated, that is the problem. Giving them hospital treatment is a given, the conversation should they be given that treatment is another conversation all together.

Should people who are injured in a motor accident be refused treatment owing to them being on the road and at risk of an accident?

The largest single group of unvaccinated people in hospital are children under 12 btw.
are you sure about the under 12s mate seems abit odd

Yes this was the chart published last week

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1466439163973181440

Ok must be true then !!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14767 on December 07, 2021, 06:09:06 pm by Ldr »
  The government really cannot win, they have had criticism for not locking down early enough, for imposing restrictions now that are too heavy handed especially for air travel, and any business with a vested interest in self preservation such as hospitality, travel, and the arts kick up a fuss at every restriction that is brought in that effects them. It really is a Rock and a Hard place helped by the nobody tells me what to do brigade.
  If it wasn't so serious it would be very funny, and with very well off people like Elton John kicking off about the amount of money it is costing him at times it is simply hilarious.
  On a TV broadcast this morning it was stated that over 90% of those hospitalised at the moment are not vaccinated, that is the problem. Giving them hospital treatment is a given, the conversation should they be given that treatment is another conversation all together.

Should people who are injured in a motor accident be refused treatment owing to them being on the road and at risk of an accident?

The largest single group of unvaccinated people in hospital are children under 12 btw.

So you’ve made a statement that under 12s are the largest unvaccinated group in hospital, then produce a graph which doesn’t show that as evidence?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14768 on December 07, 2021, 07:31:08 pm by wilts rover »

So you’ve made a statement that under 12s are the largest unvaccinated group in hospital, then produce a graph which doesn’t show that as evidence?

Yes sorry, should have said testing positive.

I do remember a bar chart from last week but unable to find it - do you have access to one of groupings in hospital?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14769 on December 07, 2021, 07:32:11 pm by Ldr »
I’ll see what I can dig up

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14771 on December 07, 2021, 07:58:50 pm by wilts rover »
Yep see it now. I have probably got mixed up with the U-12 being the fastest rising group in hospital (though very low figures) with that one of the positive tests/infections. Anyway my bad, thats what you get for rushing.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14772 on December 07, 2021, 08:04:10 pm by Ldr »
Yep see it now. I have probably got mixed up with the U-12 being the fastest rising group in hospital (though very low figures) with that one of the positive tests/infections. Anyway my bad, thats what you get for rushing.

Easily done

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14773 on December 07, 2021, 10:38:28 pm by bpoolrover »
Seriously high positive case numbers now. The 7 day average is now at over 48k per day. That's only been exceed for a fortnight back in the depths of the January wave.
the numbers are quite high but we are doing more testing again think today was 1.1 million tests, also as were in December the numbers are probably not as high as many had forecast it will be interesting to see if the numbers go up at Xmas or not with the schools breaking up or with people mixing more with families, but at the minute hospitalisations are not rising much if any

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14774 on December 07, 2021, 10:48:13 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Lots of cases in young kids. 7 in my daughter's section at school right now.  Natural immunity must be strong though as mine hasn't picked it up again.

Tests aren't always for symptomatic remember, all the kids at school were told to have a pcr test regardless before returning on Monday.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14775 on December 08, 2021, 12:11:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
the numbers are quite high but we are doing more testing again think today was 1.1 million tests, also as were in December the numbers are probably not as high as many had forecast it will be interesting to see if the numbers go up at Xmas or not with the schools breaking up or with people mixing more with families, but at the minute hospitalisations are not rising much if any

Test numbers are up 15% on this time last month. Positive results are up 50% over that period.

As for hospitalisations, yes they had been falling because most new cases have been among the young,  and new cases weren't rsing. But infections are now rising among older groups. And hospitalisations have stopped falling over the past week. With the delay between infection and hospitalisation, and with the recent very steep rise in infections I'd be very surprised if the daily number of hospitalisations doesn't top 1000 again shortly. What then matters is how high the daily infections go.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14776 on December 08, 2021, 10:58:01 am by normal rules »
I can recommend the updates from dr John Campbell on YouTube. In particular the one he did last Sunday.
Potentially very positive news coming out of the South Africa hospital at the epicentre of the omicron explosion.
High community transmissibility - yes. Without doubt.
But 75% of those that have been found to have covid in hospital are incidental. Ie they were admitted to hospital for something else and then found to have covid during routine tests. So omicron is not hospitalising people per say in the majority of cases.
He predicts widespread infection of omicron, worldwide. With a very quick herd immunity forming. And less hospitalisation than delta. So less deaths.
He does place a sensible caveat that things could change, but the early signs are positive.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14777 on December 08, 2021, 11:09:09 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Plan B imminent apparently.

What would the rules be for attending Rovers games if Plan B was brought in or would fans still be able to attend as they do now?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14778 on December 08, 2021, 11:41:34 am by normal rules »
Limited capacity perhaps ? Which won’t be a problem given current crowds.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14779 on December 08, 2021, 11:44:20 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Limited capacity perhaps ? Which won’t be a problem given current crowds.

:lol:

I guess so.

What about vaccine passports though? Not needed for us at Rovers?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14780 on December 08, 2021, 11:56:28 am by normal rules »
Pompey put this out at the end of last month .

Portsmouth Football Club would like to advise supporters on some of the actions that would – or might – be adopted for football if the government, later this winter, implements their ‘Plan B’ measures in England in the continued fight to counter the spread of Covid-19.

The new Plan B regulations could come into effect at just seven days’ notice and would impact any games attracting an attendance of 10,000 or higher.

In order to attend games, supporters aged 18 and above could be required to show an up-to-date NHS Covid pass proving they have received both vaccinations.

It is not yet clear whether the checks would be mandatory for every supporter or spot checks on a mandatory minimum number of spectators would be required.

The EFL and Premier League are working hard with the government to understand more about how the measures would impact on football.

EFL clubs are conscious that these checks – whether mandatory or random – would certainly lead to increased queuing time at turnstiles.

The club are already working through and planning a series of contingency measures to minimise disruption on matchdays, but supporters can also play their part by being personally ready for any potential introduction of Covid Plan B, especially given the measures would be introduced at just seven days’ notice.

A digital Covid pass can be obtained through the NHS app or there is the option to request an NHS Covid Pass letter. Click here for more information on getting an NHS Covid pass.

Please note that the card stamped when you received your vaccinations would not be accepted as proof.

We recommend that supporters register now for the digital Covid pass and download it to the wallet on their phone. This would make it easily accessible without having to sign in to access the app on arrival at venues where the pass is required.

At Fratton Park, this would save considerable time at our turnstiles. We would also advise that you carry a printed copy of the pass in case you suffer battery loss on your phone, the app fails or should there be an unexpected loss of connectivity at the stadium.

If you have not received both vaccinations or do not have an NHS Covid pass, or are officially exempt from vaccination for medical reasons, then we are awaiting confirmation as to whether proof of a negative lateral flow test from 48 hours before kick-off would be accepted.

Portsmouth Football Club will provide regular updates as and when we receive further information from the EFL and government.

We will also make all fans aware of the precise measures needed to attend games at Fratton Park should Covid Plan B need to be implemented.

To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit to Fratton Park for all, we ask that everyone continues to adhere to the Supporters’ Code of Conduct.”

The ridiculous thing for me is you could have say 8000 at a league one or two club in a tightly packed crowd, but that’s ok. Once again. A very mixed message .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14781 on December 08, 2021, 11:57:57 am by normal rules »
On a positive note, this will affect the bigger clubs in our area and could push some supporters to pop down to the km to get their football fix if there are no such measures imposed with sub 10k crowds.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14782 on December 08, 2021, 12:09:06 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The bit that says if you exempt from vaccination you might be required to have a lfd test. Don't think so. Exemption means just that. The same rights as a vaccinated person.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #14783 on December 08, 2021, 12:14:39 pm by Axholme Lion »
Pompey put this out at the end of last month .

Portsmouth Football Club would like to advise supporters on some of the actions that would – or might – be adopted for football if the government, later this winter, implements their ‘Plan B’ measures in England in the continued fight to counter the spread of Covid-19.

The new Plan B regulations could come into effect at just seven days’ notice and would impact any games attracting an attendance of 10,000 or higher.

In order to attend games, supporters aged 18 and above could be required to show an up-to-date NHS Covid pass proving they have received both vaccinations.

It is not yet clear whether the checks would be mandatory for every supporter or spot checks on a mandatory minimum number of spectators would be required.

The EFL and Premier League are working hard with the government to understand more about how the measures would impact on football.

EFL clubs are conscious that these checks – whether mandatory or random – would certainly lead to increased queuing time at turnstiles.

The club are already working through and planning a series of contingency measures to minimise disruption on matchdays, but supporters can also play their part by being personally ready for any potential introduction of Covid Plan B, especially given the measures would be introduced at just seven days’ notice.

A digital Covid pass can be obtained through the NHS app or there is the option to request an NHS Covid Pass letter. Click here for more information on getting an NHS Covid pass.

Please note that the card stamped when you received your vaccinations would not be accepted as proof.

We recommend that supporters register now for the digital Covid pass and download it to the wallet on their phone. This would make it easily accessible without having to sign in to access the app on arrival at venues where the pass is required.

At Fratton Park, this would save considerable time at our turnstiles. We would also advise that you carry a printed copy of the pass in case you suffer battery loss on your phone, the app fails or should there be an unexpected loss of connectivity at the stadium.

If you have not received both vaccinations or do not have an NHS Covid pass, or are officially exempt from vaccination for medical reasons, then we are awaiting confirmation as to whether proof of a negative lateral flow test from 48 hours before kick-off would be accepted.

Portsmouth Football Club will provide regular updates as and when we receive further information from the EFL and government.

We will also make all fans aware of the precise measures needed to attend games at Fratton Park should Covid Plan B need to be implemented.

To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit to Fratton Park for all, we ask that everyone continues to adhere to the Supporters’ Code of Conduct.”

The ridiculous thing for me is you could have say 8000 at a league one or two club in a tightly packed crowd, but that’s ok. Once again. A very mixed message .

Tell them to do one! What are they going to to with 10k in the car park getting irate?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14784 on December 08, 2021, 12:24:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The bit that says if you exempt from vaccination you might be required to have a lfd test. Don't think so. Exemption means just that. The same rights as a vaccinated person.

Grand. Stop at home then.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14785 on December 08, 2021, 12:30:04 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Grand. Stop at home then.

No. I'll go and then just sue the club if they refuse to let me in as i am actually legally exempt.  :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14786 on December 08, 2021, 12:36:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Good luck.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14787 on December 08, 2021, 12:37:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What's this "legally exempt from testing" thing then?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14788 on December 08, 2021, 12:41:25 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
What's this "legally exempt from testing" thing then?

None of your business but suffice it to say that i'll be enforcing my legal rights as a person with protected characteristics as much as this pathetic dictatorship of a Government are enforcing all this nonsense against my will.

That includes cinemas, football clubs, theatres, shops anywhere. Refuse me entry and they will be made accountable.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14789 on December 08, 2021, 12:44:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So there's a legal exemption on testing? Just for you? And I'm not allowed to know about it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012