Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:40:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860271 times)

BigH

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #15990 on January 24, 2022, 01:01:14 pm by BigH »
Well however crap we think Boris is it could be worse. Look at the barmy restrictions being imposed in New Zealand by the dopey bint running the job over there due to a couple of dozen infections. NZ will be off limits for ever at this rate. All these nutcases sat in their bunkers need to get a grip.
Axholme, thanks for bringing a ray of sunshine to my otherwise dreary existence.

Wrong on so many levels, but made me laugh!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15991 on January 25, 2022, 05:12:45 pm by WheatleyRover »
This past couple of years have made those with invested interest very very rich.
Under 20,000 over two years in England and Wales, and the country was shut down for that.
We shouldn't take advice from the medical mafia ever again and those who spout future computer model projections that always end up being wrong.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:14:59 pm by WheatleyRover »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15992 on January 25, 2022, 09:00:52 pm by wilts rover »
It was the 'medical mafia's' job to come up with the worst case/likely scenarios.

It was the politicians job to make sure that didn't happen.

2 million people were at risk and had a shielding letter.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15993 on January 25, 2022, 09:06:51 pm by wilts rover »
So you can’t do as you wish then?

Yes. In Austria you can. You just have to go underground. We haven't yet reached that point in the UK thank God but if we do it will due to the clamour of the virtue signalling public of the likes of Wilts Rover.

So you want to restrict other people's freedom to do and say what they want then - yeah I know your sort of 'freedom'.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15994 on January 25, 2022, 09:10:25 pm by SydneyRover »
This past couple of years have made those with invested interest very very rich.
Under 20,000 over two years in England and Wales, and the country was shut down for that.
We shouldn't take advice from the medical mafia ever again and those who spout future computer model projections that always end up being wrong.

Computer modelling on outcomes based on variable inputs, only publish the correct outcome in advance?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15995 on January 25, 2022, 11:49:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Read this.
https://mobile.twitter.com/VictimOfMaths/status/1485570730867765251

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15996 on January 26, 2022, 07:38:13 am by Nudga »
You wrote that didn't you BST.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15997 on January 26, 2022, 07:50:20 am by Nudga »
Midazolam and morphine given together suppresses breathing.

https://twitter.com/JamesfWells/status/1486232440213585922?t=B84xUJdJ77aCzHevU6gQSg&s=19

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15998 on January 26, 2022, 08:36:49 am by Ldr »

Computer modelling on outcomes based on variable inputs, only publish the correct outcome in advance?

The first thing we got told on a modelling course (for NHS capacity and demand) a few years ago is to remember “all models are wrong, but some may be useful” never forgot that and have spent a lot of the last 2 years rolling my eyes at the situation

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15999 on January 26, 2022, 09:01:27 am by SydneyRover »

The first thing we got told on a modelling course (for NHS capacity and demand) a few years ago is to remember “all models are wrong, but some may be useful” never forgot that and have spent a lot of the last 2 years rolling my eyes at the situation

Are you saying we cannot predict the future Ldr?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16000 on January 26, 2022, 09:39:45 am by Ldr »
Not with 100% certainty no

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16001 on January 26, 2022, 09:40:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You wrote that didn't you BST.

No Nudga, but there's one thing this epidemic has shown us. Some people understand how to interpret data, while others don't and are perfect material for truly evil bas**rds to manipulate.

Here's one for you by the way.

https://covidactuaries.org/2021/07/20/get-covid-and-live-longer/

You'd do well to read it and reflect on how some evil bas**rds have f**ked with your head through this epidemic.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16002 on January 26, 2022, 09:55:51 am by SydneyRover »

And that's the thing, a scientist puts out a couple of modelled scenarios, the press jumps all over the scariest one and then calls it b*llocks when reality doesn't follow any of them 100%.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16003 on January 26, 2022, 09:59:33 am by Ldr »

And that's the thing, a scientist puts out a couple of modelled scenarios, the press jumps all over the scariest one and then calls it b*llocks when reality doesn't follow any of them 100%.

Same with any scenario Syd, pandemic, economic, football ⚽️

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16004 on January 26, 2022, 04:35:50 pm by bpoolrover »
It was the 'medical mafia's' job to come up with the worst case/likely scenarios.

you are right but then people on social media and people like Cristina pagel were only ever using the worst case scenario, the problem when that happens is people just start disbelieving everything they say

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16005 on January 26, 2022, 06:15:14 pm by bpoolrover »
I think they need to look at how they register the deaths now, my local trust had one person in critical care with covid over the last week none the week before and 13 people have died, that is very unusual as the vast majority who die end up in Critical care at some point

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16006 on January 26, 2022, 08:01:15 pm by wilts rover »
Current case nos.

Covid

In hospital - 16594
In ICU - 500

Flu

In hospital - 252
In ICU - 29

Its not flu.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16007 on January 26, 2022, 08:07:22 pm by wilts rover »

you are right but then people on social media and people like Cristina pagel were only ever using the worst case scenario, the problem when that happens is people just start disbelieving everything they say

Yes you are right bpool. The one big lesson that government needs to learn from this saga is to clamp down early on false and fake news and debunk it quickly. Or it just grows and multiplies. As a number of people, in fact most posters here not least yourself, have said many times.

But that is very difficult to do when you have someone not always aquainted with the truth running the country - but thats a whole other thread(s)!

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16008 on January 26, 2022, 08:59:29 pm by WheatleyRover »

Read this.

You've being consistently wrong on this thread with your predictions, you're going to be in for a shock in the not to distant future, I guarantee that.
Like I said before, you will have a lot of apologizing to do from this thread.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16009 on January 26, 2022, 09:07:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Current case nos.

Covid

In hospital - 16594
In ICU - 500

Flu

In hospital - 252
In ICU - 29

Its not flu.

Interesting point on that, there's a lot of thought scientifically that flu is massively deminshed because it can't compete with covid.  Quite interesting.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16010 on January 26, 2022, 10:08:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Read this.

You've being consistently wrong on this thread with your predictions, you're going to be in for a shock in the not to distant future, I guarantee that.

So you didn't read it?

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16011 on January 27, 2022, 12:04:03 am by WheatleyRover »

Read this.

So you didn't read it?

The majority of the people who died in 17,000 figure were over the age of 65 years old. With an average age of 81.
The figures of people who tested positive while in for something else already had compromised systems, "unhealthy people".
So the majority of people who are dying are either elderly or unhealthy people.
And how many of them were false positives.
The figures don't warrant shutting the entire country down and destroying the economy.
Healthy people have nothing to worry about, and I'm sick of unhealthy people trying to dictate to us and being all health righteous.
Protect the vulnerable by all means, but let the rest of us get on with our lives.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:09:42 am by WheatleyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16012 on January 27, 2022, 12:34:34 am by SydneyRover »

Read this.

So you didn't read it?

The majority of the people who died in 17,000 figure were over the age of 65 years old. With an average age of 81.
The figures of people who tested positive while in for something else already had compromised systems, "unhealthy people".
The figures don't warrant shutting the entire country down and destroying the economy.
Healthy people have nothing to worry about, and I'm sick of unhealthy people trying to dictate to us and being all health righteous.
Protect the vulnerable by all means, but let the rest of us get on with our lives.
[/b]

Well done wheatly, your comment sounds a bit nazi but you have captured the essence of the tory party, if they are not your party maybe you should consider moving a bit to the left.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:40:24 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16013 on January 27, 2022, 01:26:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Read this.

So you didn't read it?

So you didn't read it.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16014 on January 27, 2022, 08:39:43 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
So you can’t do as you wish then?

Yes. In Austria you can. You just have to go underground. We haven't yet reached that point in the UK thank God but if we do it will due to the clamour of the virtue signalling public of the likes of Wilts Rover.

So you want to restrict other people's freedom to do and say what they want then - yeah I know your sort of 'freedom'.

No. People make decisions about how they live their life based on level of risk. Firstly, many people have vastly over estimated the actual level of risk and secondly, whilst it may seem harsh the reality is that i or others don't have a responsibility to curtail our freedoms because some people in society are vulnerable ie elderly, ill etc. It is down to those that are more at risk to work out what level of risk they wish to take. They can't expect the rest of society to change the way they live unfortunately.

So yes, my freedom is freedom for all, however, some people's freedom won't be as free as others and there's nothing anyone can do about that unfortunately.

Also please bear in mind the sacrifices that young people have made for the elderly these past 2 years and bear in mind the sacrifices that many have made for vulnerable people by people that aren't vulnerable over the past 2 years and stop being selfish and accept that at some point these people want their lives back. Because they are not elderly or vulnerable and have lives to lead.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 08:46:42 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16015 on January 27, 2022, 08:41:54 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Current case nos.

Covid

In hospital - 16594
In ICU - 500

Flu

In hospital - 252
In ICU - 29

Its not flu.

No. It is another minor respiratory virus.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16016 on January 27, 2022, 08:44:43 am by drfchound »

Read this.

So you didn't read it?

[/b]

Well done wheatly, your comment sounds a bit nazi but you have captured the essence of the tory party, if they are not your party maybe you should consider moving a bit to the left.

An unfortunate choice of phrase on Holocaust Memorial Day.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16017 on January 27, 2022, 09:03:41 am by SydneyRover »

Read this.

So you didn't read it?

[/b]

An unfortunate choice of phrase on Holocaust Memorial Day.

I thought memorial day was to remind the world what the nazis did, got rid of those they didn't value.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #16018 on January 27, 2022, 10:04:39 am by Axholme Lion »

Read this.

So you didn't read it?

You won't get anywhere on here talking sense.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16019 on January 27, 2022, 10:54:09 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Read this.

So you didn't read it?

You won't get anywhere on here talking sense.
So you didn't read it either?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012