Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860366 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4260 on May 23, 2020, 06:29:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound
So you're asserting that a high ranking advisor with he ear of the PM and living in a city with 8 million people had to travel 269 miles to find help with a virus that he and his wife did or did not have (and which has little or no effect on young children)
Don't make me laugh. They're using the childcare/safeguarding issue as a smokescreen.

I’m not asserting anything TT because I don’t know the full circumstances.........and neither do you.

So. That report about Cummings' son? Any ideas?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4261 on May 23, 2020, 06:31:03 pm by tommy toes »
Hound
So you're asserting that a high ranking advisor with he ear of the PM and living in a city with 8 million people had to travel 269 miles to find help with a virus that he and his wife did or did not have (and which has little or no effect on young children)
Don't make me laugh. They're using the childcare/safeguarding issue as a smokescreen.

I’m not asserting anything TT because I don’t know the full circumstances.........and neither do you.
I know enough of the circumstances that Cummings flouted his own Governments clear advice, when millions of people in similar and worse circumstances did not

BiargeBob

• Forum Member
« Reply #4262 on May 23, 2020, 06:36:27 pm by BiargeBob »
IMHO I do not beleive 90+% of the population would have done what DC did. We would have complied with the governments guidlines. I know very little about DC, although BST & others have fed us various information. I for one said my final good byes to my late mother some 3 weeks before she passed, as I thought it was responsible of me not to enter the care home she was a resident in, for both the care homes benefit & of course mine. Where was DC's responsibilty, with this action. Have they no friends in London? His action makes me very angry. Having watched the BBC news earlier & seeing him slouch at the door of number 10, to me, shows a totall disrespect.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4263 on May 23, 2020, 06:38:47 pm by tommy toes »
Really feel for you Bob.
My sincere condolences.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4264 on May 23, 2020, 06:42:04 pm by Filo »
IMHO I do not beleive 90+% of the population would have done what DC did. We would have complied with the governments guidlines. I know very little about DC, although BST & others have fed us various information. I for one said my final good byes to my late mother some 3 weeks before she passed, as I thought it was responsible of me not to enter the care home she was a resident in, for both the care homes benefit & of course mine. Where was DC's responsibilty, with this action. Have they no friends in London? His action makes me very angry. Having watched the BBC news earlier & seeing him slouch at the door of number 10, to me, shows a totall disrespect.

Condolences to you Bob, there are many more like you as you well know, making massive sacrifices to help get through this, and then you have enitled bas**rds like Cummings, I understand and share your anger

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4265 on May 23, 2020, 06:42:57 pm by Copps is Magic »
I agree with you Bob. I really don't know the ins and outs of Cumming's case because they have worked with the BBC to obfuscate the details. From a common sense perspective, I really have to ask myself, if he needed childcare - was driving from London to Durham really the only/best option?!. I would be extremely suprised if it was.

At best, this points to some serious holes in the government's advice. If a parent falls (seriously) ill with very young children, what are they supposed to do?

BiargeBob

• Forum Member
« Reply #4266 on May 23, 2020, 06:44:39 pm by BiargeBob »
Appreciate that TT, I did not mention it for sympathy, but to highlight what I believe was a responsible action under the circumstances.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4267 on May 23, 2020, 06:53:16 pm by tommy toes »
Appreciate that TT, I did not mention it for sympathy, but to highlight what I believe was a responsible action under the circumstances.

Bob you have my utmost respect for your decision. It must have been incredibly hard not to be with your mum at the end.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4268 on May 23, 2020, 06:59:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Really sorry to hear that Bob. That's the sort of personal tragedy that this crisis is bringing and my heart goes out to you.

If it helps, I hope you realise that you can look yourself in the mirror every day and know you acted responsibly.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4269 on May 23, 2020, 07:06:24 pm by wilts rover »
Condolences to you and your family BBob.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4270 on May 23, 2020, 07:08:55 pm by wilts rover »
Fo those of you 'wishing to know more' about Dominic Cummings and his circumstances:

His wife's sister lives in London, 30 mins away.

His closest aide at No.10 lives 2 streets away in London

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1264219198974296069

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4271 on May 23, 2020, 07:13:04 pm by Donnywolf »

BB sincerest sympathy too from me. What a terrible thing your Mums passing away was and exacerbated by not being able (nay being instructed ) to say goodbye and not attend funerals

All those poor people dying because the Govt has failed to get to grips with this (as I concede again even a Govt of national unity would have struggled to manage)

BUT the slap in the chops for everyone today is the knowledge that the adviser Cummings has breached his own rules with the knowledge of Johnson - and it must be heart wrenching for you and all those .... even the poor lass whose Dog (aged 5) was rushed to the Vets - she wanted to be with it as the Vet tried to save it but the poor thing died with them telling her what was happening through a window. How truly truly awful and al she had to do was say "Im interpreting the rules a bit differently)

SACK Cummings please

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4272 on May 23, 2020, 07:39:14 pm by MachoMadness »
At least he stayed put in Durham when he was there.
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1264264397972811776?s=19
Oh.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4273 on May 23, 2020, 07:57:08 pm by Filo »
Shapps has got the Marr gig tomorrow, double whammy for him this weekend 😂😂😂😂

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4274 on May 23, 2020, 08:02:16 pm by IDM »
Really sorry for your loss Bob, especially in these circumstances.

So where do we draw the line with what is an exceptional circumstance, or our own interpretation of the rules/guidance/instructions/advice.?

Of all the things happening with coronavirus this issue has made me the most angry.

It is clear that when DC was ill, his wife was looking after the child - they were playing doctors and she joked about buying pva for all the things they were making.  Sound so difficult.!

And, Hound, where has anything been said about the child being ill.?

They have been caught pants down and are using their son as a deflection tactic.

If the latest allegations in that latest link - that he returned to Durham after returning to London, and that they were seen at Barnard Castle whilst supposedly isolating, then that will be pretty damning.

I ask again, which other rules can we now flout/ignore or interpret to next suit our own needs.?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4275 on May 23, 2020, 08:02:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
At least he stayed put in Durham when he was there.
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1264264397972811776?s=19
Oh.

Jeez, if those sightings are true it means he's gone from London to Durham and back twice!

If someone manages to hack the police CCTV and ANPR to show where his car was and when it was there it could be very interesting...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4276 on May 23, 2020, 08:03:40 pm by IDM »
Shouldn’t need to be hacked, the police should be able to do that anyway.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4277 on May 23, 2020, 08:08:09 pm by drfchound »
Hound

So. That report about Cummings' son? Any ideas?

BST, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.
I have a dilemma here.
I never buy a newspaper and so any news items I pick up are either from the tv or this forum.
I have had a flick through this thread and can’t see anything relevant so it was possibly a tv report.
I know I haven’t imagined it and guess that the left wing heavies will be on my case in a few minutes for being honest enough to say this.
There is of course the other option, that a post on here that included the information has been removed.
Being a cynic I have to consider that too.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4278 on May 23, 2020, 08:10:51 pm by tyke1962 »

Very sorry for your loss Bob , words can't ever cover how hard that must have been so I won't even try .

My sincere condolences to you and your family .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4279 on May 23, 2020, 08:13:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Shouldn’t need to be hacked, the police should be able to do that anyway.

I don't think that even if they had the authority to conduct any such search that they'd then also have any authority to make the results public.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4280 on May 23, 2020, 08:28:07 pm by IDM »
They don’t have to.. if he had made repeated journeys between Durham and London, before the rules changed to allow unlimited travel for exercise, would be be liable to be fined for making an unnecessary journey.?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4281 on May 23, 2020, 08:34:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
They don’t have to.. if he had made repeated journeys between Durham and London, before the rules changed to allow unlimited travel for exercise, would be be liable to be fined for making an unnecessary journey.?

A civil penalty is between the fine issuer and the finee, it is not in the public domain unless the finee makes it so.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4282 on May 23, 2020, 08:38:37 pm by IDM »
I dunno.. but the more evidence that comes out which goes against his story, the less tenable his position becomes.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4283 on May 23, 2020, 08:46:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
That's why I said if it was hacked (or leaked) it might make for interesting reading...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4284 on May 23, 2020, 08:51:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I dunno.. but the more evidence that comes out which goes against his story, the less tenable his position becomes.

I've heard he's terrible at tenable.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4285 on May 23, 2020, 08:54:13 pm by IDM »
I’ve absolutely no idea what you mean BB.?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4286 on May 23, 2020, 09:17:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound

If Cummings's kid had breathing difficulties, there is no way that wouldn't have been front and centre of the defence. And if it had been in the media once, it would have been picked up and repeated widely.

Now, there have been LOTS of reports of Cummings himself having had breathing difficulties while suffering with CV-19.

May I suggest you misheard? But it suited the narrative you want to be correct?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4287 on May 23, 2020, 09:20:50 pm by drfchound »
Hound

If Cummings's kid had breathing difficulties, there is no way that wouldn't have been front and centre of the defence. And if it had been in the media once, it would have been picked up and repeated widely.

Now, there have been LOTS of reports of Cummings himself having had breathing difficulties while suffering with CV-19.

May I suggest you misheard? But it suited the narrative you want to be correct?

No BST, I didn’t hear it, I read it.
I am certain I have seen it.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4288 on May 23, 2020, 09:20:59 pm by Ldr »
Whatever the ifs, whys and buts. Government ministers and those in the inner circle MUST be seen to uphold government advice / law of the land / moral position. He has to go

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4289 on May 23, 2020, 09:21:48 pm by tommy toes »

I've heard he's terrible at tenable.

That's very good BB. Stick to the jokes and we'll all be happy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012