Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 12:23:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ben Sheaf (data)  (Read 5586 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Ben Sheaf (data)
« Reply #30 on January 24, 2020, 02:25:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
If Sheaf and Whiteman have good games tonight they may really put them selves in the shop window.

As in we sell Whiteman and buy Sheaf?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 24, 2020, 02:45:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
If Sheaf and Whiteman have good games tonight they may really put them selves in the shop window.

As in we sell Whiteman and buy Sheaf?
That was a thought but since then it has been said Whiteman is not for sale.
But if they both have excellent games tonight then anything could happen in the summer.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 24, 2020, 02:48:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I hope they do. Football is one big shop window but I doubt they will be going out with 'Sale' signs on their back!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 24, 2020, 03:23:40 pm by NewDonny »
So I have seen no abuse directed towards him but people are entitled to criticise. If someone has a poor game with, for example Passing, we shouldn’t mention it? We shouldn’t say anything negative about it?

So we sign a new striker and he scores a hat-trick on debut. Over the next 5 games he then misses 10 open goals without scoring. We shouldn’t be negative about those misses because he scored that hat-trick? Give it a rest.

If a player has a bad game, either overall or in a specific way, we are all entitled to point it out and discuss it.

If people on here can’t cope with realism about an aspect of poor play then off to knitting they should go!

Then you were either not at the Peterborough game or concentrating on the game so hard that you didn't hear it.

Ben Sheaf was getting dogs abuse from a section of our own fans, it was horrible, what was worse was his family were stood close by and could hear every word. Far too many people on here every week and in the crowd with unqualified views about players and their performances without having the first idea about the game of football or indeed don't concentrate on the game when they are at the match, preferring instead to tweet ridiculous comments and generally have a laugh with their mates. Too many people with opinions that they safer on open forums or social media that are just attention seeking.

I sat in the East Stand last weekend and there was an idiot DRFC fan several rows behind me giving players abuse not 2 minutes after the game had just kicked off, making smart remarks - utterly ridiculous.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:10:37 pm by NewDonny »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 24, 2020, 03:45:01 pm by Filo »
Filo
correct

Actually, its not correct.  He gets abuse.  Have a look at some of the comments on the facebook page about him.  "Shit" seems to be the word many are happy to throw at him without any consideration of his contribution to our successes.  These fans need to have a good hard look at themselves.

90% of those on that facebook page have n’t got a clue what a game of football is

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 24, 2020, 04:12:24 pm by NewDonny »
Filo
correct

Actually, its not correct.  He gets abuse.  Have a look at some of the comments on the facebook page about him.  "Shit" seems to be the word many are happy to throw at him without any consideration of his contribution to our successes.  These fans need to have a good hard look at themselves.

90% of those on that facebook page have n’t got a clue what a game of football is

Your absolutely correct Filo, but thats the point, there are a good few on here as well I am afraid, so why do we stand by and let them get away with it when clearly they are talking out of their a***

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 24, 2020, 04:26:49 pm by IDM »
Because if you challenge anyone the chances are they will tell you to “f**k off” - as a minimum - regardless of how many kids are in earshot..

Sometimes it’s not worth the aggro.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 24, 2020, 04:42:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sheaf has been excellent,in particular since Xmas.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 24, 2020, 05:22:41 pm by Reesielad »
There is a few around where I sit that shout what I would call abuse, most of it starting or beginning with shit.

It’s away games where I hear most of the stuff that gets thrown at them. Like some people say the shouts are not only at Ben Sheaf but I feel he get most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 24, 2020, 05:40:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Hope Sheaf Shines tonight!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 24, 2020, 05:43:58 pm by Lesonthewest »
So I have seen no abuse directed towards him but people are entitled to criticise. If someone has a poor game with, for example Passing, we shouldn’t mention it? We shouldn’t say anything negative about it?

So we sign a new striker and he scores a hat-trick on debut. Over the next 5 games he then misses 10 open goals without scoring. We shouldn’t be negative about those misses because he scored that hat-trick? Give it a rest.

If a player has a bad game, either overall or in a specific way, we are all entitled to point it out and discuss it.

If people on here can’t cope with realism about an aspect of poor play then off to knitting they should go!
[/quote

Agreed, this lad is improving & will be some player, hopefully with us, but, his passing under no pressure has a lot of room for improvement, gives it away far too cheaply,  it can be frustrating to watch especially as we know how talented he is. I'm sure it will come.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 24, 2020, 06:09:22 pm by 5 on Tour »

Then you were either not at the Peterborough game or concentrating on the game so hard that you didn't hear it.

Ben Sheaf was getting dogs abuse from a section of our own fans, it was horrible, what was worse was his family were stood close by and could hear every word. Far too many people on here every week and in the crowd with unqualified views about players and their performances without having the first idea about the game of football or indeed don't concentrate on the game when they are at the match, preferring instead to tweet ridiculous comments and generally have a laugh with their mates. Too many people with opinions that they safer on open forums or social media that are just attention seeking.

I sat in the East Stand last weekend and there was an idiot DRFC fan several rows behind me giving players abuse not 2 minutes after the game had just kicked off, making smart remarks - utterly ridiculous.

ND we have had enough debates on here for you to know that if we are playing then I’m there - barring illness.

I didn’t hear anything at Peterborough towards Sheaf. I was front row of the upper section on the very very left though so if it was across and up I wouldn’t have heard it. Plus, with my 6 year old in his current whiney stage I can’t usually hear myself think!

I don’t get why anyone would want to chant anything negative at our own players. On here I haven’t seen anything I would call abuse(if it’s from Elf or Michael then it doesn’t count) but plenty have pointed out poor aspects of play. Nothing wrong with that. No one is perfect at everything on a football pitch.

I do think we have too many people on here taking criticism as a personal attack. Gomes got huge abuse after his first couple of appearance on here but since then people have posted plenty of positive. We all have views and opinions and nobody on here should shoot down anyone for saying them - unless it’s of personal nature in which case they get what they deserve.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 24, 2020, 06:38:05 pm by Jonathan »
Just because you didn’t hear it does not mean it didn’t happen. I’ve heard it, others have clearly heard it, I’d say that’s enough to help reach a conclusion that it does happen.

Interesting that you mention Gomes - a good example. Now if we’re talking about shouting abuse at your own club’s players, and you were at Rochdale (?) then surely you witnessed it there?

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 24, 2020, 07:35:05 pm by 5 on Tour »
Just because you didn’t hear it does not mean it didn’t happen. I’ve heard it, others have clearly heard it, I’d say that’s enough to help reach a conclusion that it does happen.

Interesting that you mention Gomes - a good example. Now if we’re talking about shouting abuse at your own club’s players, and you were at Rochdale (?) then surely you witnessed it there?

Yes I was at Rochdale. Please feel free to enlighten me on the abuse shouted at Gomes. I heard booing - lots of which was aimed at the wrong substitution and not the player. But I heard no abusive chant or words aimed at him. If it happened then please tell me exactly what was shouted.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 24, 2020, 07:39:35 pm by Jonathan »

Yes I was at Rochdale. Please feel free to enlighten me on the abuse shouted at Gomes. I heard booing - lots of which was aimed at the wrong substitution and not the player. But I heard no abusive chant or words aimed at him. If it happened then please tell me exactly what was shouted.

Did you go by the name of Comical Ali in another life? Goodness it could be yelled right in front of you and you’d only deny hearing it. If you honestly believe that none of our fans ever shout abuse at our players then I can only envy the world that you live in.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 24, 2020, 07:42:44 pm by Reesielad »

He was cheered off at Rochdale, you can’t deny that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 24, 2020, 08:41:42 pm by 5 on Tour »

Did you go by the name of Comical Ali in another life? Goodness it could be yelled right in front of you and you’d only deny hearing it. If you honestly believe that none of our fans ever shout abuse at our players then I can only envy the world that you live in.

So you’re not able to say what the abuse was? Your mate down the road told you and you’re repeating what he said like a parrot? Were you there? If so, what was the abuse shouted at him? It’s your example so just explain. Is the question too difficult for you?

I’m not sure whether you’re intentionally being thick or whether you just struggle with logic... I say I didn’t hear it, I asked you to clarify what was said and you accuse me of denial.

You jump on every post made by anyone on this forum that you don’t agree with. Like it’s some sort of personal vendetta. Guess it’s my turn for your pathetic comments. You should envy the world I live in - As my head isn’t so far up my own arse that I can see the back of my own throat!

Reesie- Yes cheering was heard at the substitution. It shouldn’t have been but it was. Cheering a substitution is not abuse though.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 24, 2020, 11:01:54 pm by Jonathan »
Yes of course you’re right, there was no abuse at all. Just relentless calls of encouragement and reassurance from all sections of the away end. Nobody cheered the substitution at all. They were just cheering because it was a beautiful day.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 25, 2020, 12:48:57 am by NewDonny »

So you’re not able to say what the abuse was? Your mate down the road told you and you’re repeating what he said like a parrot? Were you there? If so, what was the abuse shouted at him? It’s your example so just explain. Is the question too difficult for you?

I’m not sure whether you’re intentionally being thick or whether you just struggle with logic... I say I didn’t hear it, I asked you to clarify what was said and you accuse me of denial.

You jump on every post made by anyone on this forum that you don’t agree with. Like it’s some sort of personal vendetta. Guess it’s my turn for your pathetic comments. You should envy the world I live in - As my head isn’t so far up my own arse that I can see the back of my own throat!

Reesie- Yes cheering was heard at the substitution. It shouldn’t have been but it was. Cheering a substitution is not abuse though.

Wow, calm down. I was at Rochdale and I too heard it, yes there was cheering when Gomes was substituted no one can deny that, but the cries of "he's shit get him off" were all too clear to hear as well, along with a lot stronger words of wisdom for the young lad as the game progressed as well. Just as a section of the away fans were on Sheafs case the whole game at Peterborough which when your a young player learning your trade is very difficult to deal with.

But what was said isn't the issue here is it really, it's the fact that as a DRFC player your own fans are being openly hostile and hateful towards you whilst your going about your work, its hardly in keeping what what the interpretation of being fan is really is it!?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 25, 2020, 01:48:20 am by bpoolrover »
On the Sunderland forum there saying sheaf was the best player on the pitch today

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 25, 2020, 09:12:17 am by drfchound »

Wow, calm down. I was at Rochdale and I too heard it, yes there was cheering when Gomes was substituted no one can deny that, but the cries of "he's shit get him off" were all too clear to hear as well, along with a lot stronger words of wisdom for the young lad as the game progressed as well. Just as a section of the away fans were on Sheafs case the whole game at Peterborough which when your a young player learning your trade is very difficult to deal with.

But what was said isn't the issue here is it really, it's the fact that as a DRFC player your own fans are being openly hostile and hateful towards you whilst your going about your work, its hardly in keeping what what the interpretation of being fan is really is it!?

ND, I hear stuff like that every week.
Halliday, Gomes and Sheaf are the main targets but when they do something good there isn’t a word of praise, just silence.

In a recent match, one bloke was particularly vociferous at Sadlier and even shouted at him to “get those effing gloves off”.
I couldn’t help myself and had to ask him if it would improve him as a player if he did take them off.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 25, 2020, 10:31:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »

As a young pro, I'd be asking questions of myself if I wasn't getting grief of a certain group of Donny fans. There's a strain of Donny fans who wouldn't recognised a player if they played 100 consecutive wall passes against their knackers.

Have a look, next time you hear some "Gerrit forrad" grunt. There'll be a little cloud of 1950s smog hovering above their head.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 25, 2020, 10:32:16 am by NewDonny »
 :woohoo: to be fair even I hate the gloves lol, but I have noticed he has stopped wearing them in the last few games so maybe he heard your man shouting at him.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 25, 2020, 10:38:00 am by Campsall rover »
:woohoo: to be fair even I hate the gloves lol, but I have noticed he has stopped wearing them in the last few games so maybe he heard your man shouting at him.
Maybe it’s a bit milder.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 25, 2020, 10:45:12 am by NewDonny »
Maybe it’s a bit milder.

If anything I think it's got colder actually, for the first time this season I felt bloody freezing last weekend at the keepmoat.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012