Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:43:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DM Morphing into SOD?  (Read 4518 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
DM Morphing into SOD?
« on January 25, 2020, 08:06:33 am by Alan Southstand »
DM quote after the game:

As long as we see improvement in terms of performances, and we believe if the performances are right then the results will come.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: DM Morphing into SOD?
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2020, 08:19:43 am by DearneValleyRover »
Not a bad thing Alan

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2020, 08:36:32 am by Alickismyhero »
If you were to look back at my comments on Sean you would notice I am Sean's No1 supporter.

I go along with the comments that Darren has Morphed in to the Sean's way of playing and talking about football.

I like what I see.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2020, 08:54:30 am by mpc123 »
He needs to spend billions to be successfully surely (just like man utd do). We are very lucky to have DM

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2020, 08:54:49 am by Colin C No.3 »
I looked at the starting XI last night, no Sadler, Copps on the bench, DM starting with 5 at the back? I felt the worst, ‘parking the bus’ fo 90 minutes...suicide. But no, DM played a blinder with his tactics.

He’s getting the best out of a threadbare squad with tactical nouse. I just hope we can get someone up front because after last nights performance I don’t want to be appearing to ‘slag’ anyone off but Niall Ennis, even when he found he had the ball in space & room to run too often got shepherded wide or chose the wrong option. We know he’s not a ‘natural No 9 & that’s the only thing we were lacking last night.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2020, 09:32:23 am by Campsall rover »
I looked at the starting XI last night, no Sadler, Copps on the bench, DM starting with 5 at the back? I felt the worst, ‘parking the bus’ fo 90 minutes...suicide. But no, DM played a blinder with his tactics.

He’s getting the best out of a threadbare squad with tactical nouse. I just hope we can get someone up front because after last nights performance I don’t want to be appearing to ‘slag’ anyone off but Niall Ennis, even when he found he had the ball in space & room to run too often got shepherded wide or chose the wrong option. We know he’s not a ‘natural No 9 & that’s the only thing we were lacking last night.
We didn’t play 5 at the back. The warm up practice had James in a back 5 but that I think was to throw Sunderland off the scent.
James played in Sadlier’s position on the left of the 3 behind Ennis.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 25, 2020, 09:48:43 am by Jonathan »

We didn’t play 5 at the back. The warm up practice had James in a back 5 but that I think was to throw Sunderland off the scent.

I think the point being made was “when looking at the starting eleven” not when seeing how they shaped up on the pitch. When you see three central defenders and two full backs in the line up it’s quite logical to consider we might play three / five at the back. Obviously we didn’t do that and I think that was the point.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 25, 2020, 09:49:14 am by Spud »

I think he means from the line up it looked like we were playing 5 at the back & parking the bus, I feared the same.
Brilliant by DM & the team last night.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 25, 2020, 09:49:49 am by Spud »
Beat me to it Jonathan.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 25, 2020, 10:06:42 am by Paul Simpson »
A fantastic result! Superb set up by DM and the lads worked their socks off! I’m really proud of that performance. Well done lads 👍😀

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 25, 2020, 10:17:19 am by Colin C No.3 »

I think the point being made was “when looking at the starting eleven” not when seeing how they shaped up on the pitch. When you see three central defenders and two full backs in the line up it’s quite logical to consider we might play three / five at the back. Obviously we didn’t do that and I think that was the point.

Campsall has a tendency to skim read posts then dive in & make himself foolish.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 25, 2020, 10:29:01 am by boro_rover »
The team was well set up to play against an in form team at home. 5 at the back was the right thing to do as a point at Sunderland is a good result in this league.

I agree about Ennis though. Against 3 defenders who are strong at this level - a striker needs support. Unless they are a big lad who has a realistic chance of winning a header and holding it up, it is bound to be a thankless task.
Unfortunately we don’t have that option at the minute as we genuinely don’t have an outright number nine in the squad.

I’m not a doom monger by any stretch of the imagination, I think DM is doing a stellar job with the squad he has at his disposal. I’m not berating the board, I am sure they have their reasons as to why we seem so slow to act when it is and has been plainly obvious since the day Marquis left that we are short in that area.

I think we all feel like a couple of decent players who are ours would lift us to the next level and make us a very competitive outfit in league one.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 25, 2020, 11:15:52 am by Filo »
The team was well set up to play against an in form team at home. 5 at the back was the right thing to do as a point at Sunderland is a good result in this league.

I agree about Ennis though. Against 3 defenders who are strong at this level - a striker needs support. Unless they are a big lad who has a realistic chance of winning a header and holding it up, it is bound to be a thankless task.
Unfortunately we don’t have that option at the minute as we genuinely don’t have an outright number nine in the squad.

I’m not a doom monger by any stretch of the imagination, I think DM is doing a stellar job with the squad he has at his disposal. I’m not berating the board, I am sure they have their reasons as to why we seem so slow to act when it is and has been plainly obvious since the day Marquis left that we are short in that area.

I think we all feel like a couple of decent players who are ours would lift us to the next level and make us a very competitive outfit in league one.

Not sure where get 5 at the back from, it looked a 4-2-3-1 to me

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 25, 2020, 11:22:14 am by DonnyOsmond »
Why do some people think we had 5 at the back? :laugh:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 25, 2020, 11:36:03 am by Campsall rover »

Explain please. What have i said?  I seriously don’t know what you are talking about.
I just stated we warmed up as a back 5 but didn’t play it and played our usual formation. What’s the problem. How does that make me look foolish?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 12:05:01 pm by Campsall rover »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 25, 2020, 04:59:45 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Explain please. What have i said?  I seriously don’t know what you are talking about.
I just stated we warmed up as a back 5 but didn’t play it and played our usual formation. What’s the problem. How does that make me look foolish?

So I take it you don’t read your own posts (especially given they are usually so long winded) before posting then. Even more foolish.

I’ll take you through it slowly so that a 4 year old could understand.

Read my post again, the one you quoted. Then read your reply to that post which begins “We didn’t play 5 at the back”.

Where in my post did I say ‘we played 5 at the back’? Nowhere.

And that is why you were foolish to quote me & why when you compound it with another post saying “Explain please. What have I said?”, not only were you foolish in the first instance, the 2nd shows in fact that you clearly are a fool.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 25, 2020, 05:18:47 pm by drfchound »

He didn't say "when looking at the starting eleven" though Jonathan did he.
He said, "I looked at the starting XI last night" and then followed up with "DM starting with five at the back ?"
He was just questioning what he thought might be happening.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 25, 2020, 10:05:42 pm by JonWallsend »
Jonathan is agreeing with the Colin. You are agreeing with Jonathan but appear to think you are at cross purposes

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 25, 2020, 10:24:37 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Jonathan is agreeing with the Colin. You are agreeing with Jonathan but appear to think you are at cross purposes

Sometimes fellas, you just have to shake your head, smile & head for the quarantine section!

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 25, 2020, 10:30:06 pm by JonWallsend »

Sometimes fellas, you just have to shake your head, smile & head for the quarantine section!

I should have clarified that my post was intended for Drfchound

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 26, 2020, 09:03:15 am by Campsall rover »

So I take it you don’t read your own posts (especially given they are usually so long winded) before posting then. Even more foolish.

I’ll take you through it slowly so that a 4 year old could understand.

Read my post again, the one you quoted. Then read your reply to that post which begins “We didn’t play 5 at the back”.

Where in my post did I say ‘we played 5 at the back’? Nowhere.

And that is why you were foolish to quote me & why when you compound it with another post saying “Explain please. What have I said?”, not only were you foolish in the first instance, the 2nd shows in fact that you clearly are a fool.
Well I will tell you what you are with a reply like that.  Ignorant and disrespectful.
What an Earth has got into you to post that.
I just very politely said we didn’t play a back 5. Where is it that i was having a go at you. I just made a statement following your post as some thought we were playing a back 5. 

Colin you are way out of order with your reply to me, that was totally unnecessary. I think you need to get a grip and have a very good look in the mirror making posts like that.
I think an apology is in order my friend. I don’t mind people disagreeing with me as this is a forum for opinions. But that riposte to what i said is way way over the top my friend. :that:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 01:18:17 pm by Campsall rover »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 26, 2020, 09:14:58 am by DonnyOsmond »
How the f*ck is this still going on?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 26, 2020, 09:33:26 am by Campsall rover »
How the f*ck is this still going on?
I am seriously wondering whether it is worth all the agro Donny. You can’t even make a simple factual comment about something without getting abuse now.
This forum has become way too toxic.  I used to enjoy the banter but now it is no fun at all.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:36:56 am by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 26, 2020, 01:22:49 pm by Campsall rover »
Seem to be be a few on here at cross purposes.
One or two need to attend anger management courses and learn some basic manners.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 26, 2020, 02:35:33 pm by the vicar »
No I don't agree the defence with SOD was weak, as we scored a lot but gave away goals at the other end. But with DM we are strong at the back but weak up front

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 26, 2020, 02:46:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No I don't agree the defence with SOD was weak, as we scored a lot but gave away goals at the other end. But with DM we are strong at the back but weak up front

That's factually incorrect.

In 2008/09, our first season in the Championship, we had the equal lowest number of goals for in the division, and the equal 7th lowest number of goals conceded.

The following season we had the 10th best defensive record and 11th best scoring record.

Only in 2010/11 did we have a very poor defensive record. 2nd worst goals conceded and 15th best goals scored.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 26, 2020, 02:48:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We're scoring more on average this season than we did in League One under SOD's promotion season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 26, 2020, 03:09:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This must be close to the best back 5 we've had for a very long time. A cracking keeper, two (of three) centre halves who are very consistent in the air, excellent at blocking and decent on the deck. Two full backs who are fairly equal in defending tenaciously, much better at restricting the opposition getting crosses in and get up and down the pitch at pace.

I think DM helps them all with the finer detail that helps them improve from average to good.

The work rate and fitness of the back line has been tested by the best this division and so far so very good and improving.

Bit by bit I'm sure he's raising the standard in terms of the intensity that he would have overseen at WBA.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 26, 2020, 04:12:36 pm by the vicar »

In 2008/09, our first season in the Championship, we had the equal lowest number of goals for in the division, and the equal 7th lowest number of goals conceded.

The following season we had the 10th best defensive record and 11th best scoring record.

Only in 2010/11 did we have a very poor defensive record. 2nd worst goals conceded and 15th best goals scored.
I'm afraid I'm not that sad to go sorting through facts like that. I have a life away from football

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 26, 2020, 08:32:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I'm afraid I'm not that sad to go sorting through facts like that. I have a life away from football

I dug that out in 60 seconds while on the pan. What do YOU do to pass the time while having a Tom Kite?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012