Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:29:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I feel this doesn’t fill me with optimism  (Read 1986 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: I feel this doesn’t fill me with optimism
« Reply #1 on January 26, 2020, 08:57:29 am by IDM »
I read that as DM not wanting to go public with any details.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 26, 2020, 09:05:08 am by phil old leake »
Interpretation
Hopefully you’re correct and I’m wrong
I read it as living in hope and not overly optimistic

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 26, 2020, 09:37:12 am by dknward2 »
If you have I follow when we is asked if he needs to sell before he can buy. He says no quickly to which the reporter says that answers that to which Moore then laughs and smiles.

To me it sounds like this weekend and Monday will be spent getting someone in and then Tuesday will be fully focused on the game then Wednesday onwards will be the final push.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 26, 2020, 09:42:29 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It was a categorical No. If you listened to the interview I don't think you'd have much doubt.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2020, 09:47:40 am by Chris Black come back »
Within about two weeks of him being appointed it was abundantly clear to anyone who heard him speak that you were never, ever going to get a straight or in any way revealing answer from Moore when it comes to transfer business.

It is entirely pointless trying to read in to what he says. It is an exercise in pointlessness.

He plays his cards very close to his chest and will never reveal anything remotely of interest.

People need to stop listening to and reading what he says on transfers.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2020, 09:51:13 am by Jonathan »
Within about two weeks of him being appointed it was abundantly clear to anyone who heard him speak that you were never, ever going to get a straight or in any way revealing answer from Moore when it comes to transfer business.

It is entirely pointless trying to read in to what he says. It is an exercise in pointlessness.

He plays his cards very close to his chest and will never reveal anything remotely of interest.

I think that’s a fair point, but people will cling to anything at this stage and I understand that. We’re 26 days into a transfer window that we’d expected to be active in from the start, so frustration and uncertainty is very much understandable now.

Judge at the end of the window is my current perspective, and there isn’t long to wait now. Hopefully the squad will be in a considerably stronger position by the end of Friday.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2020, 10:25:13 am by since-1969 »

I think that’s a fair point, but people will cling to anything at this stage and I understand that. We’re 26 days into a transfer window that we’d expected to be active in from the start, so frustration and uncertainty is very much understandable now.

Judge at the end of the window is my current perspective, and there isn’t long to wait now. Hopefully the squad will be in a considerably stronger position by the end of Friday.
Who or what is responsible for the lack of movement in the transfer market isn’t being explained by anyone in the know!

Moore has no agenda that’s for sure , but should there be no new players are coming in  it will fall on him to explain if results ultimately suffer , so  how can he continually keep quiet as it  will been as the supporters are being ignored as to the direction of the club over all  and if they are just seeking to stay in L1 . 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2020, 10:40:31 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I've got an App that processes Since 1969's posts and condenses them into "I don't like the Board".

Amazing, the amount of time it saves, and there's no information lost either.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2020, 10:41:24 am by sha66y »

Who or what is responsible for the lack of movement in the transfer market isn’t being explained by anyone in the know!

Moore has no agenda that’s for sure , but should there be no new players are coming in  it will fall on him to explain if results ultimately suffer , so  how can he continually keep quiet as it  will been as the supporters are being ignored as to the direction of the club over all  and if they are just seeking to stay in L1 . 

For very nosey bugger that NEEDS to know the every movement within the club, there is a less than inquisitive fan whoe believes that what will be will be...

It’s Sunday, do a crossword, read a book or go to the pub, do something other than wringing your hands over things beyond anyone’s control.....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2020, 11:17:21 am by Filo »
I wonder if DM was as evasive in his job interview? He’s come from WBA where pissing a few fans off is of little concern due to their larger fan base, pissing a few Rovers fans off is a much larger proportion of the fan base here

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2020, 11:17:39 am by graingrover »
I am very satisfied supporting this club ..especially upon looking around the forum of other clubs and seeing that money does not always bring satisfaction to the fan base either .When you fall back onto other fundamental ( societal )values we are an OK club for sure in many many ways .

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 26, 2020, 11:48:00 am by Not Now Kato »
I wonder if DM was as evasive in his job interview? He’s come from WBA where pissing a few fans off is of little concern due to their larger fan base, pissing a few Rovers fans off is a much larger proportion of the fan base here

I'd worry more about pissing off our owners than a few impatient and, apparently, ungrateful fans.  Because if I were TB and read some of the crap aimed at him and the board I'd be sorely tempted to say 'OK, you clearly know more about running a football club than I do - over to you - byeeeeeeeeee'

We are very lucky to have such people running this club.  Without them we wouldn't be where we are now, let alone where they are looking to take us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012