Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:48:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fejiri Okenabirhie  (Read 19006 times)

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
Re: Fejiri Okenabirhie
« Reply #90 on January 30, 2020, 02:18:03 pm by Paul Simpson »
Well done to Big Daz , Adam and especially our fantastic owners for getting the squad sorted 👍😀⚽️

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 30, 2020, 02:26:07 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Rovers website says until end of 21/22 season

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on January 30, 2020, 02:40:11 pm by silent majority »
You have to give a lot of credit to Adam Henshall, his hard work has been paying off.

Martin, are you able to say how long Okenabirhie has been on DM's wanted list?
Purely out of interest.

I couldn't say exactly because I don't know.

What I do know is that Adam put some long lists of players together who would fit into our style and should be looked at. To go on that list we would also need to know how much they would cost and what their expectations would be. So for that reason a phone call or two would have to be made. It's extremely disappointing then that certain CEO's at certain clubs should then divulge that we have asked those questions. It's why we get linked with certain players who then never see the light of day, it doesn't necessarily mean we intend to move in and sign them up. When CEO's, or others, keep that info to themselves signings get made that surprise us all, a la Devante Cole.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on January 30, 2020, 02:42:45 pm by Reesielad »
You have to give a lot of credit to Adam Henshall, his hard work has been paying off.

Purely out of interest.

What I do know is that Adam put some long lists of players together who would fit into our style and should be looked at. To go on that list we would also need to know how much they would cost and what their expectations would be. So for that reason a phone call or two would have to be made. It's extremely disappointing then that certain CEO's at certain clubs should then divulge that we have asked those questions. It's why we get linked with certain players who then never see the light of day, it doesn't necessarily mean we intend to move in and sign them up. When CEO's, or others, keep that info to themselves signings get made that surprise us all, a la Devante Cole.

I know this seems ridiculous but you never know, are Shrewsbury sore that we took Adam from them and that could be the reason for releasing such info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on January 30, 2020, 02:45:17 pm by IDM »

Purely out of interest.

That probably explains why some fans claimed we were being “lied to” through the window and the last one.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 30, 2020, 02:50:26 pm by Ldr »
I'm just waiting to see how Johnny Rovers spins this into an attack on Blunt

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 30, 2020, 03:11:21 pm by silent majority »

Purely out of interest.

I know this seems ridiculous but you never know, are Shrewsbury sore that we took Adam from them and that could be the reason for releasing such info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don't think so. I would suggest the CEO at Shrewsbury would see it as a positive which is why he made it public.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on January 30, 2020, 03:13:13 pm by GazLaz »

This must have been the easiest work he’s ever done!

Didn’t you also say we were not interested in signing him last week Martin. Apologies is I’m mistaken.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on January 30, 2020, 03:49:12 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Just had a look and he’s not played (for the first team at least) since stoppage time on the 29th December. Anyone know if he’s been injured or just out of favour/not playing whilst a move might be on? Either way he might take a bit of time to get up to speed, possibly won’t be ready for more than a handful sub appearances over the next few weeks.

Fully fit, just been left out of the Shrewsbury squad because they wanted to get rid of him. Their loss is our gain.
By all accounts he's a fox in the box type striker, whereas Shrewsbury's system is set up to play with a big target man. With a bit of service he'll be flying, I reckon.

If that’s’ ‘his game’ MM then he’s exactly the type of player we need up front (Billy Sharp esk).

For all our excellent play it’s been the final third where we’ve struggled for options, resulting in the halting of momentum when attacking.

Now we have someone who we can use as a focus for our attacking style backed up by the skill & audacity of Sadlier, the vision of Copps, the pace of Taylor & Blair & the strength & shooting ability of Ennis & from what I saw of Coles ‘cameo appearance’ on Tuesday night, once these new signings have bedded in, it all bodes well.

Patience is a virtue & hats off to those who moaned about lack of news on signings who have come on the forum today & manfully eaten their slice of humble pie. Plenty of slices left. There were a lot of ‘bakers’ involved in its making!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 30, 2020, 03:50:58 pm by silent majority »

This must have been the easiest work he’s ever done!

Didn’t you also say we were not interested in signing him last week Martin. Apologies is I’m mistaken.

I said we hadn't made an offer for him, which was true.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 30, 2020, 04:19:41 pm by keith79 »
I wonder if he knows sheaf from his arsenal days?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 30, 2020, 06:03:12 pm by karldew »
O-kena-birhie
O-kena-birhie
Came from shrewsbree’
For a undisclosed fee
His names f**king massive

*To the tune of; Ritchie Valens - La Bamba.
Love it

When in Portugal for the Nations League the song for Maguire was the same tune and was being sung everywhere. It’s a bit like the Butler or McCann song when it gets going.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on January 30, 2020, 06:52:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just listened to DMs interview talking about Fejiri being a no 9 and being 'smooth'. Quite a rare description for a footballer but I like it!

You can tell how enthusiastic DM is about fitting the new players in the team and the extra dimension they will hopefully bring.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on January 30, 2020, 07:40:39 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Shropshire papers have already given it out as £75,000.
But does anybody really think these days that other teams and agents can't find out?
Liam Hoden in the FreePress has also said £75.000 but also said it will probably be reported as undisclosed.

If it’s £75.000 why not just say so. There must be a reason why, what seems to be 90% of transfer fees are now “undisclosed” fee.
I’ve also often wondered why some fees are undisclosed. If a player in, say League 1 or 2, is sold for £1-2 million then I can see the point in not disclosing the fee, as is it then informs other clubs that this club has money to spend and will automatically inflate transfer fees.
On the other hand I really can’t understand why Alfie May’s fee was undisclosed, when it was almost certainly a five-figure sum, as was Okenabirhie‘s. Just wondering!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:04:29 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on January 30, 2020, 07:57:41 pm by silent majority »
But it's not £75k.

It's more than that.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on January 30, 2020, 09:06:01 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
But it's not £75k.

It's more than that.

Ah, sorry about that, SM. Thanks for the clarification.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on January 30, 2020, 09:23:06 pm by SydneyRover »
What a great football club, it's a privilege to be a member, thank you to all those who work so hard to make it so including yourself SM.

Welcome to the new players and a big thank you to all the outgoing players, I wish you well.

SR

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on January 30, 2020, 09:35:46 pm by Chris the Rover »
Well said!

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on January 30, 2020, 09:40:09 pm by johnny rovers »

Well he's certainly kept us hanging throughout the whole of January.

Praise goes to Darren and his staff for seeking out the targets landing some players that will give us extra options both short term and long term.

But let's not hide from the fact it's taken far too long to get our act together when it comes to re-signing and new signings. The jury is still out on Blunt and how he chairs the day to day running of the club.

And on a final note, inside info isn't exclusively gifted to the fans director who loves a good old "and how would you?"

The privy council of DRFC is a live and well 😉

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 30, 2020, 10:01:36 pm by DRNaith »

Praise goes to Darren and his staff for seeking out the targets landing some players that will give us extra options both short term and long term.

But let's not hide from the fact it's taken far too long to get our act together when it comes to re-signing and new signings. The jury is still out on Blunt and how he chairs the day to day running of the club.

And on a final note, inside info isn't exclusively gifted to the fans director who loves a good old "and how would you?"

I would think that the delay has been due to the calibre of target. But actually, I don't really need to defend the club, most people on here seem very pleased with events

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on January 30, 2020, 10:07:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

As I said to you before, go away and find out what a Chairman's job actually is before whinging about Blunt.

It is painfully obvious you haven't bothered to do that, so now just go away. And inflict your miserable ignorance on somebody else.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 30, 2020, 10:20:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
DM's act was well and truly together. He chose the route he wanted to get the best players available to the him and the club backed his decision making.

Your finger was firmly pointed in the wrong direction so who's act needs getting together?

I doubt you will change your mind about Blunt, that's your choice, but at least get behind the manager and the team!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 30, 2020, 10:29:49 pm by Jonathan »
I think it’s perfectly possible to have some reservations about the chairman, but to be fully behind the owners, CEO, manager, management and team. Let’s not confuse the perspective there. I’d say I share that position.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on January 30, 2020, 10:30:27 pm by johnny rovers »

As I said to you before, go away and find out what a Chairman's job actually is before whinging about Blunt.

It is painfully obvious you haven't bothered to do that, so now just go away. And inflict your miserable ignorance on somebody else.

He's in charge of running the football club. Please enlighten me if you think his day to day duties include being the janitor too.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on January 30, 2020, 10:33:14 pm by jackthelad »
Happy with this one, the type of player that we should be signing on paper.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on January 30, 2020, 10:35:01 pm by IDM »

He's in charge of running the football club. Please enlighten me if you think his day to day duties include being the janitor too.

I really don’t get this anti-Blunt thing here.. was he at school with you and did he give you a Chinese burn and pinch your dinner money or something.?

Our club is in a great position on and off the pitch - we have just signed two prime-age proven strikers at this level yet all is not well.??

Barrel of tits again..

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on January 30, 2020, 10:38:34 pm by johnny rovers »
DM's act was well and truly together. He chose the route he wanted to get the best players available to the him and the club backed his decision making.

Your finger was firmly pointed in the wrong direction so who's act needs getting together?

I doubt you will change your mind about Blunt, that's your choice, but at least get behind the manager and the team!

100% behind the manager and the team. And you'll not find a bigger fan of the Bramall and Watson families than me. What they have done for our club and the club Doncaster modal is brilliant and I'm very proud of it. Gavin Baldwin takes alot of credit also, the best signing they ever made and long may his service continue.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 10:44:38 pm by johnny rovers »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on January 30, 2020, 10:41:36 pm by RoversAlias »
Can somebody enlighten me as to how any of the people criticising Blunt onow what he does and doesn't do in his role? What is he doing wrong to merit this stuff being spouted on here?

Is it purely because he doesn't come out and speak to the press every other week like John Ryan used to do when he was chairman?

It really does baffle me.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on January 30, 2020, 10:42:41 pm by johnny rovers »

I really don’t get this anti-Blunt thing here.. was he at school with you and did he give you a Chinese burn and pinch your dinner money or something.?

Our club is in a great position on and off the pitch - we have just signed two prime-age proven strikers at this level yet all is not well.??

Barrel of tits again..

I doubt Mr Blunt was at primary school in 1990. And I'm fully aware of the off field scene. I'm proud of what we are and what we stand for as a community club

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on January 30, 2020, 10:50:39 pm by IDM »
So enlighten us, what IS your problem.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012