Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:15:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just got back  (Read 5365 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Just got back
« on February 01, 2020, 08:41:31 pm by scawsby steve »
Sh*t ground, sh*t atmosphere, sh*t ref, sh*t game between two poor looking sides.

My first visit to Fleetwood. Remind me not to go again.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Just got back
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2020, 08:47:13 pm by Campsall rover »
Sh*t ground, sh*t atmosphere, sh*t ref, sh*t game between two poor looking sides.

That’s 5th time i have been. It gets worse each time.
Remind me not to go again also.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2020, 08:48:00 pm by selby »
  Steve, I blame YOU, you did a Charlton on us.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2020, 08:54:21 pm by scawsby steve »

You can relax Brian. I won't be at Tranmere.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2020, 08:56:57 pm by Campsall rover »

You can relax Brian. I won't be at Tranmere.
3 points in the bag.  :thumbsup:

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2020, 10:46:16 pm by 5 on Tour »
What I don’t get is how Fleetwood ever comply with financial rules. Ground sold out is 5k fans. It’s never sold out. Maybe 4000 on a really good day with a good away following.

Yet they take players off clubs because they’re offering more money. Forget where the investment comes from they still have to comply with income and expenditure.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2020, 11:01:16 pm by Jonathan »
What I don’t get is how Fleetwood ever comply with financial rules. Ground sold out is 5k fans. It’s never sold out. Maybe 4000 on a really good day with a good away following.

Yet they take players off clubs because they’re offering more money. Forget where the investment comes from they still have to comply with income and expenditure.

Could be wrong, but I think they’re one of those clubs that rents out space (or similar agreement) to the owners’ firm for a hugely inflated sum, therefore manipulating the level of income realised. Shaky ground ethically, but I think that’s roughly how they get around it.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 02, 2020, 12:22:07 am by NewDonny »

Agreed on all of that.

Long day, very long journey, horrible stadium, small pitch with an awful surface with typical coastal weather. A nasty horrible side managed by a horrible little man of a manger and his side kick Clint Hill, watched them constantly in the ear of the 4th official the full 95 minutes and what a horrible excuse of a man Ched Evans is, took play acting to a whole new level.

Thought Ennis was excellent but otherwise not our day but Tuesday is around the corner on another cabbage patch of a pitch, personally I would pick a team to play a direct long ball game, not a pitch for our more technical ball players, we need three points.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 02, 2020, 12:46:54 am by eastender »

Agreed on all of that.

Long day, very long journey, horrible stadium, small pitch with an awful surface with typical coastal weather. A nasty horrible side managed by a horrible little man of a manger and his side kick Clint Hill, watched them constantly in the ear of the 4th official the full 95 minutes and what a horrible excuse of a man Ched Evans is, took play acting to a whole new level.

Thought Ennis was excellent but otherwise not our day but Tuesday is around the corner on another cabbage patch of a pitch, personally I would pick a team to play a direct long ball game, not a pitch for our more technical ball players, we need three points.

These two comments could have been copied and pasted from last season.
Just give them the 3pts next season.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 02, 2020, 02:16:28 am by NewDonny »

Agreed on all of that.

These two comments could have been copied and pasted from last season.
Just give them the 3pts next season.

Except I wasn't there last season lol!

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 02, 2020, 02:48:14 am by stuey »
Just seen the goals on Sky. Cant help feeling the first was a foul on Deing

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 02, 2020, 07:05:59 am by Donnywolf »

I was there too - the Pub was the highlight but in truth it had nowt to beat
Maybe Im the "Philsky of the North"

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 02, 2020, 08:40:31 am by donnievic »
Just seen the goals on Sky. Cant help feeling the first was a foul on Deing
never a foul and we all know keepers get too much protection now a days aswell,just 2 sloppy goals to concede which this season we haven’t give to many away like that

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 02, 2020, 09:10:49 am by colincramb »
To be fair lads, all sounds like sour grapes to me. The KMS is hardly a caldron of atmosphere is it? 

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 02, 2020, 09:27:56 am by i_ateallthepies »
I came away firmly of the view that they simply have a better team than us, because, apart from the gamesmanship which they are known for they were better with the ball than we were.
Truth is it wasn't that they have better players, just that ours couldn't be arsed to do the core of the job every footballer is paid for and harry the opposition when they have possession.

Poor, bloody poor!!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 02, 2020, 10:24:34 am by Campsall rover »
I came away firmly of the view that they simply have a better team than us, because, apart from the gamesmanship which they are known for they were better with the ball than we were.
Truth is it wasn't that they have better players, just that ours couldn't be arsed to do the core of the job every footballer is paid for and harry the opposition when they have possession.

Poor, bloody poor!!!
Personally it is doubtful i would want any of their players in our team. 3 possibly up for debate.
Seriously don’t see that they have better players than us. Paddy Madden is a goal scorer ( penalty area poacher )  couple of others worthy of consideration that’s all imo.

They just played the conditions and the ref better than we did.

2 mistakes cost us.

If teams are allowed to basically cheat as they were how many points are they getting over a season that they would not get with a strong referee?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 02, 2020, 11:30:14 am by Donnywolf »
They have probably got 42 this Season already  ;) ;) ;)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 02, 2020, 01:17:56 pm by scawsby steve »
To be fair lads, all sounds like sour grapes to me. The KMS is hardly a caldron of atmosphere is it?

You're missing the point mate. The whole experience at Fleetwood is sh*t. The ground is almost completely open, and is therefore battered by freezing cold howling winds coming off the sea, which is terrible both for the spectators, and for the game itself.

As for the atmosphere, I don't know if you were there yesterday but it made the Keepmoat sound like the f*cking Bernebeu.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 02, 2020, 01:29:04 pm by NewDonny »

You're missing the point mate. The whole experience at Fleetwood is sh*t. The ground is almost completely open, and is therefore battered by freezing cold howling winds coming off the sea, which is terrible both for the spectators, and for the game itself.

As for the atmosphere, I don't know if you were there yesterday but it made the Keepmoat sound like the f*cking Bernebeu.

Spot on, its now top of my list of Stadiums never to visit again.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 02, 2020, 01:33:01 pm by RobTheRover »

Could be wrong, but I think they’re one of those clubs that rents out space (or similar agreement) to the owners’ firm for a hugely inflated sum, therefore manipulating the level of income realised. Shaky ground ethically, but I think that’s roughly how they get around it.

BES Energy. Had some dealings with them in a former life.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/police-and-trading-standards-raid-bes-utilities-offices-fleetwood-town-1216267

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 02, 2020, 02:32:00 pm by drfc1951 »

Spot on, its now top of my list of Stadiums never to visit again.

Fleetwood is a shit town full stop.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 02, 2020, 02:49:15 pm by Campsall rover »

Agree 100% SS

Gillingham is a ground i now avoid & have done for the last 3 visits, league & cup.
I hate it with a passion. Long trip, sat out in the freezing cold on open scaffolding, and we rarely, very rarely get a draw never mind a win.

But Fleetwood is now pretty much on par for me as the worst footballing experience and the lack of atmosphere in cold horrible weather conditions in what is basically a non league football ground &  is something i may not bother to put myself through again.

I do consider myself one of the clubs most ardent fans travelling to usually 18/19/20 away league games every season for the last 18 seasons. I have not missed more than 5 away games in the league since 2002/2003 season. But Fleetwood SS is the pits agree. Enough is enough.

Just like to say i am not singing my own praises here or having a go at those who don’t go to many away games as work and other factors don’t always allow.

But there are many fans who never miss any games both home and away. I hold my hat out to you guys and galls as that is a fantastic effort and you all deserve massive praise from us all & the club itself.

Special praise to all those who are going to Gillingham on the 15th and to Fleetwood next season.
( if we don’t go up. Fleetwood won’t. )
Well they might actually if they up the cheating to the next level.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:30:43 pm by Campsall rover »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 02, 2020, 05:09:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Poor, bloody poor!!!
Personally it is doubtful i would want any of their players in our team. 3 possibly up for debate.
Seriously don’t see that they have better players than us. Paddy Madden is a goal scorer ( penalty area poacher )  couple of others worthy of consideration that’s all imo.

2 mistakes cost us.

If teams are allowed to basically cheat as they were how many points are they getting over a season that they would not get with a strong referee?

Campsall, If as you say their players aren't better than ours, that doesn't speak well for our players that Fleetwood looked better than us... and won.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 02, 2020, 05:30:45 pm by NewDonny »

Poor, bloody poor!!!

2 mistakes cost us.

Campsall, If as you say their players aren't better than ours, that doesn't speak well for our players that Fleetwood looked better than us... and won.

Campsall is completely right, the difference between the sides yesterday was that Fleetwood were playing at home on pitch & in conditions they are used to. Had those two same set of players met yesterday at the Keepmoat instead I am 1000 % certain we would have won the game comfortably.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 02, 2020, 06:35:02 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Unpredictable bounce and wind conditions.  There's a clue in the first word of that sentence, disadvantages everyone equally.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 02, 2020, 06:46:08 pm by NewDonny »
Unpredictable bounce and wind conditions.  There's a clue in the first word of that sentence, disadvantages everyone equally.

Yes and "playing at home on a pitch & in conditions they are used to" - there's a clue in that sentence for you as well.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 02, 2020, 06:52:54 pm by Campsall rover »
Oh dear oh dear. Because we lost doesn’t mean we are an inferior team to Fleetwood. No team is at their best every week are they.
On the day they scored 2 both defensive errors ( very rare indeed this season ) and we scored 1.
So on the day they could be said to have had the edge. But we created more half chances than they did.

Yes conditions were in the home teams favour as they are used to them, and if you went to the game you would have noticed the ref helped them considerably. Ched Evans antics were a disgrace, whatever he was saying to the ref at half time worked, that’s for sure.

I will have you a sportsman’s bet atealithepies that we finish above Fleetwood this season.
I don’t bet on anything for money. I am far too tight to do that.  :)

Footnote.
So Wimbledon are a better team than us as we lost at Kingsmeadow again. That’s the 3rd yr running. Same at Fleetwood. There are some clubs and grounds that are bogeys.

Look at Southend 1 draw and 10 defeats against us in last 11 matches. Bristol Rovers record against us since 2003/04 is as bad.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:04:50 pm by Campsall rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 02, 2020, 07:08:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
They say that football sides mirror their managers' personality.

Fleetwood yesterday had a fair sprinkling of ability, but that was subsumed by their horrible cheating and gamesmanship. A perfect match.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 02, 2020, 07:10:57 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Bestist Kev Keegan voice.

Would love it, if on last day of season, Fleetwood are in a play off place. Then watch them drop out as other teams over take them. Love it

I've heard they should play Bury on last day but, oh well never mind  :scarf:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 02, 2020, 07:18:49 pm by Campsall rover »
Bestist Kev Keegan voice.

Would love it, if on last day of season, Fleetwood are in a play off place. Then watch them drop out as other teams over take them. Love it

I've heard they should play Bury on last day but, oh well never mind  :scarf:
They won’t get to the play offs. Not a chance imo. There are 8/9 better teams including us imo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012