Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:48:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darragh MacAnthony  (Read 3539 times)

Reesielad

• Forum Member
Darragh MacAnthony
« on February 03, 2020, 01:18:33 pm by Reesielad »
Have a watch of this, granted it’s 20 mins long and not about Rovers but it gives you an insight on the January window.

In the video he also hangs Marcus Maddison out to dry and basically confirms what the majority of us already thought of him.

Before you dismiss it please watch as he talks about the financial cap for clubs and how they had to do their business.

https://youtu.be/2dqEv7KECPQ

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Darragh MacAnthony
« Reply #1 on February 03, 2020, 01:27:40 pm by mushRTID »
I like him. My tin hat is now on.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 03, 2020, 01:50:23 pm by phil old leake »
Seems to be very open about the club

Interesting subject matter

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 03, 2020, 02:00:16 pm by NewDonny »
I like him. My tin hat is now on.

Yep, horrible man.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 03, 2020, 02:27:44 pm by Filo »
I agree with him 100% regarding Madison

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 03, 2020, 02:27:49 pm by phil old leake »
Have you met him then

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 03, 2020, 02:28:53 pm by phil old leake »
My reply was for new donny

Just wondered on what basis that comment was made on

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 03, 2020, 02:39:44 pm by donnievic »
I don’t mind him really comes out with sum good stuff on Twitter even though he keeps going back to the wife beater

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 03, 2020, 03:56:14 pm by NewDonny »
My reply was for new donny

Just wondered on what basis that comment was made on

Unfortunately yes!

Maddison’s also horrible, not a team player, not at all professional. Not surprised McAnthony has come out and said it like it is, he has kept it all very under wraps all the time he thought he was going to sell him for millions. Now that bird has flown he’s telling all.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 03, 2020, 04:28:12 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Maddison acts like a 13 year old girl on Instagram. Very cringy.

I'm friendly with a big Posh fan and they all thought he was embarrassing.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 03, 2020, 04:59:03 pm by drfchound »
McAnthony comes over as a very switched on type of bloke.
This is the first time I have heard him speak and he does seem very passionate about his club.
Obviously, unlike New Donny, I have never met the bloke but I bet if he was our chairman most of us would love him.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 03, 2020, 05:15:02 pm by Campsall rover »
Maddison behaved like a spoilt child during matches against us.

Have to say McAnthony came across very well in that video.
Can’t knock his enthusiasm and his desire to get Peterborough promoted.

He is a bit brash for me and a bit full of himself.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 03, 2020, 07:26:10 pm by Branton Rover »
Big up to McAnthony & the way he handled a petulant Maddison & his cretinous representatives - shows how players agents worship only money rather than doing what’s right for the player which would’ve been a Charlton move -

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 03, 2020, 07:38:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Big up to McAnthony & the way he handled a petulant Maddison & his cretinous representatives - shows how players agents worship only money rather than doing what’s right for the player which would’ve been a Charlton move -
Agents are not a problem though so i have been told on here. Well some of them are a problem.
Ask McAnthony. In fact ask most CEO’s or Chairmen and i am quite sure they will all say there are some very good ones, that do have their clients best interests at heart but for every one of those i would suspect there is at least one who is only interested in money and how he is going to make the most for himself.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 03, 2020, 07:44:17 pm by dickos1 »
Dear me campsall
Nobody has said agents aren’t a problem in fact everybody who spoke on the subject said there were good ones and bad ones. And the main reason they were brought up was when you said they were a reason we weren’t signing players.
But SM told you they certainly weren’t a reason

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 03, 2020, 07:48:43 pm by drfchound »
........and to be fair, why shouldn’t agents try to make money for themselves and their players.
That what their job is.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 03, 2020, 07:52:20 pm by Campsall rover »
Dear me campsall
Nobody has said agents aren’t a problem in fact everybody who spoke on the subject said there were good ones and bad ones. And the main reason they were brought up was when you said they were a reason we weren’t signing players.
I said agents may be a reason why we were having a problem. I am not privy to what is going on same as everyone else.
Please please stop miss quoting me. Thank you. I got slaughtered for saying some agents are a problem.
You really do not read many posts accurately and keep picking up on one or two words.

Why are you picking an argument once again. Not going there ok.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 09:35:34 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 03, 2020, 07:56:57 pm by Campsall rover »
........and to be fair, why shouldn’t agents try to make money for themselves and their players.
That what their job is.
Not at the expense or best interests of the client they are representing hound. That’s the point.

That is also the point McAnthony was making in a fairly diplomatic way. Much more diplomatic than he usually is. He has been known to put his mouth into 6th gear before brain has been engaged in 1st gear.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 03, 2020, 08:03:28 pm by drfchound »
That what their job is.
Not at the expense or best interests of the client they are representing hound. That’s the point.

That is also the point McAnthony was making in a fairly diplomatic way. Much more diplomatic than he usually is. He has been known to put his mouth into 6th gear before brain has been engaged in 1st gear.

It could be argued that an agent trying to get the best deal for himself and his player is actually working in the best interests of the player.
Having never heard McAnthony speak before I can’t comment on what he usually says.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 03, 2020, 08:12:58 pm by Campsall rover »
That what their job is.

It could be argued that an agent trying to get the best deal for himself and his player is actually working in the best interests of the player.
Having never heard McAnthony speak before I can’t comment on what he usually says.
hound i have no axe to grind with agents. I just think there are some unscrupulous ones unfortunately who do not put the interests of the player ahead of there own.
From many reports we have heard over the years that would seem to be the case.
Yes there are some excellent agents for whom the players they represent will be getting excellent advice to maximise their career opportunities and salary’s.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 03, 2020, 08:14:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If anything it shows how complex transfers can be and we shouldn't be presumptuous about who deals with who.

As DM explained in the recent interview in the DFP, he was a key player in getting deals 'over the line'.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 03, 2020, 09:48:04 pm by silent majority »
Dear me campsall

Thanks.

Yes I said that agents were not the reason we didn't see any incomings earlier in the transfer window. I think it's obvious, as you say, that some are good and some can be cretinous, and we've had both at DRFC. If you all remember Sean McDaid became an agent after he retired and I hear very good things about him. I bumped into him at a PFA dinner a couple of years back and shared a chinwag with him, very polite individual.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 03, 2020, 09:51:06 pm by mushRTID »
Dear me campsall

Thanks.

Yes I said that agents were not the reason we didn't see any incomings earlier in the transfer window. I think it's obvious, as you say, that some are good and some can be cretinous, and we've had both at DRFC. If you all remember Sean McDaid became an agent after he retired and I hear very good things about him. I bumped into him at a PFA dinner a couple of years back and shared a chinwag with him, very polite individual.

Any thoughts on MacAnthony SM?

Have we as a club had much to do with him?

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 03, 2020, 10:52:35 pm by jmt23 »
Comes across as bitter to me, tried to play the game and got beaten by the player, and is now looking to get some form of petty revenge.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 04, 2020, 06:39:57 am by aidanstu »
This guy is not for me; Lacks decorum and any sort of class. That’s not to take away what he is trying to so for posh though.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 04, 2020, 07:35:38 am by adamtherover »
Dear me campsall

Thanks.

Any thoughts on MacAnthony SM?

Have we as a club had much to do with him?
hes good mates with sadlier!!

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 04, 2020, 08:23:45 am by ctay »
I think he talks a lot of sense to be honest. I think Peterborough are lucky to have the guy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012