Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:21:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are we cynical enough?  (Read 2714 times)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
Are we cynical enough?
« on February 15, 2020, 05:13:50 pm by swain_drfc »
I ask this because we have come up against two teams in Fleetwood and Gillingham with horrible kitsons as managers and we have come unstuck. I’m not for one second saying I’d rather we had Barton or Evans in charge over DM but I do feel sometimes we can be too nice in certain situations during the game. 

Akinde has been throwing his elbows around all afternoon but their lad goes down and we basically lost the game from there.

Anyway, be interested to hear all your thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Are we cynical enough?
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2020, 05:22:29 pm by the vicar »
No, no where near clinical enough

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2020, 05:25:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
No, no where near clinical enough

"Cynical" not "clinical".

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2020, 05:27:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I don't think we're anywhere near confident enough. We show far, FAR too much respect. We went one up and seemed frightened of the consequences. We rolled over like a hedgehog in fear of retribution.

......And against a Fatty Evans side. My piss is boiling.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2020, 05:30:16 pm by the vicar »
We are not getting people in scoring positions anywhere mear enough

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2020, 05:31:32 pm by Michael Shaw »

That's what Okenabirhie was supposed to help rectify.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2020, 05:39:08 pm by dickos1 »

Nonsense
Look at the chances missed today

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2020, 05:47:57 pm by the vicar »

Nonsense
yes and that is cos they were not in good position

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2020, 05:55:58 pm by colincramb »
We’ve still had a decent season regardless given the upheaval. I’ve been shot down on lucky pint for saying the playoffs are gone, but anyone with any common sense probably realises they are now. Recruiting for next season needs to be our focus now and ensuring we give ourselves the best chance of competing for the top 6 next year. I’m feeling optimistic that Moore will get it right and we’ll have a right go next year.

And no, I’m not a doom merchant but anybody that thinks we will take the required points from the last 13 games to make it this year is thinking with their hearts and not their heads.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2020, 06:03:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Their player went down as if hit by a sledge hammer, layed there like a corpse. Not one Gills player went to see how he was. Evans didn't pay any attention either, nothing. It was all about getting Fejiri sent off. Impossible to be sure from the vid how intentional it was.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 15, 2020, 06:07:32 pm by drfc1951 »
We’ve still had a decent season regardless given the upheaval. I’ve been shot down on lucky pint for saying the playoffs are gone, but anyone with any common sense probably realises they are now. Recruiting for next season needs to be our focus now and ensuring we give ourselves the best chance of competing for the top 6 next year. I’m feeling optimistic that Moore will get it right and we’ll have a right go next year.

And no, I’m not a doom merchant but anybody that thinks we will take the required points from the last 13 games to make it this year is thinking with their hearts and not their heads.
I hope the players remain focused on trying to get to the playoffs, even if some supporters have given up

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2020, 06:11:28 pm by colincramb »

I hope the players remain focused on trying to get to the playoffs, even if some supporters have given up

I hope they do too. Haven’t said I’ve given up mate, just being realistic. If I’m proved wrong I will be the first to celebrate.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2020, 06:13:21 pm by drfchound »

Of course they will.
It wont be the fans playing the games will it.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2020, 06:15:51 pm by the vicar »
No one has given up on anything odd ones might think our chance has gone but most think and hope they haven't

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2020, 06:23:35 pm by colincramb »
No one has given up on anything odd ones might think our chance has gone but most think and hope they haven't

Of course, but factor in that we’ve probably lost our main number 9 and our best left back for at least 25% of our remaining games then the situation looks difficult to say the least.

But, IF we win the next 4, as campsall says, things might look different. Massive, massive ask from here on in though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2020, 06:39:21 pm by dickos1 »

Nonsense
yes and that is cos they were not in good position

Cole’s fluffed header was nothing to do with him not being in a good position

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2020, 06:43:28 pm by the vicar »
No one knows the future, and everything can fall in to place, but we have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2020, 06:57:02 pm by since-1969 »
Clearly we are not made of the stuff that gets results when everything’s against you . We loose our left back due his own recklessness the week before , his replacement decided to commit hari kari with two own goals and our long awaited No 9 decks his marker and pays the price with three match ban !! What’s next .. I can’t wait  :blink:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2020, 10:06:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
Wah wah wahhhhhhh.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 16, 2020, 12:36:07 am by Colin C No.3 »
Against teams like Fleetwood & Gillingham..no. And we should be

It’s not cheating, it’s nouse.

I wouldn’t want us to adopt likewise ‘techniques’’  for every game, just let’s be a bit more ‘streetwise’.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 16, 2020, 01:15:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I agree. They say cheats never prosper, but they do. They did yesterday.

How much advantage has Fatty Evans and his staff got for his team with the constant barracking of the officials? Now compare that to Darren Moore's shows of disapproval.

.....And that's just off the field!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012