Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:34:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Difficult task  (Read 3700 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Difficult task
« Reply #30 on February 16, 2020, 07:03:54 pm by sha66y »
This season was always going to be a mid table transition season... after a full pre season and another transfer window under Moore, next season will be the year we challenge for promotion

So are you suggesting the board were lying to us?

The board have nothing to do with the final position, they make funds available that are top six competitive...
I would say a larger portion of the fan base are accepting a lower mid table final placing, based upon the turmoil at the start of the season...

The board have provided funds ....... the team haven’t performed well enough to match them, .... the board didn’t lie.....shit just happens!

OK, I should have asked if the board were simply wrong, rather than lying; because according to you and other posters, it was obvious with the turmoil last Summer that this season would a mid-table transition period; and yet Gavin Baldwin, David Blunt, and Darren Moore clearly disagreed with all that when stating that the target this season was a top 6 finish.

Whichever way you look at it, if we don't make the play-offs this year, the club will have failed to achieve this season's objectives.

That’s it in a nutshell...the desires of the management team to achieve a top six placing will have failed,

but it’s hard to apportion blame, we all wanted a top six place, but some things just don’t work out the way we want them to...

So we look to rebuild for next season....some on here would want the team to push hard for it even now....and I know some would like to see DM blood some of the young ones whilst we are safe from relegation...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012