Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:42:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This isn't the Brexit I voted for...  (Read 5967 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: This isn't the Brexit I voted for...
« Reply #60 on February 17, 2020, 10:19:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I didn't imagine blokes from Denaby used make-up. Mind you, looking at his avatar he doesn't use enough.

It's just a ruse to people underestimate me.

I do it with work sometimes. Let slip that I'm from Denaby to get them to think I'm going to be thick.

If that doesn't work, I tell them I'm from Bentley. Via Scawsby.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 17, 2020, 10:34:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You remember Brexit was all about taking back control?

Do you really want to give control to a Govt that sent a letter to a 101 year old telling him to get his parents to fill in a residency form for him?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/12/home-office-tells-man-101-his-parents-must-confirm-id

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 17, 2020, 10:36:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I didn't imagine blokes from Denaby used make-up. Mind you, looking at his avatar he doesn't use enough.

I do it with work sometimes. Let slip that I'm from Denaby to get them to think I'm going to be thick.

Well, it certainly works!

Hope you never have to big yersen up about living in Bentley or Scawsby.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 18, 2020, 05:48:35 pm by scawsby steve »

Well, it certainly works!

Hope you never have to big yersen up about living in Bentley or Scawsby.

Yeah, it might be too much of a cultural leap.

I once went out with a lass from Denaby. Her breath was that bad I used to look forward to her farts.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 18, 2020, 06:11:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I caught the 1958 train to Denaby once. It was late. When I got there it was 1970.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 18, 2020, 08:12:04 pm by scawsby steve »
I caught the 1958 train to Denaby once. It was late. When I got there it was 1970.

You must have seen some tin baths then BB.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 18, 2020, 08:34:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Denaby station closed in 1949.

Course, I understand the mail coach might have been late getting the news to Bentley.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 18, 2020, 08:47:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The daily mail coach had a lot of copies to dispatch in them days, you must understand.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 19, 2020, 05:35:08 pm by SydneyRover »
a comment, not mine from the lefty guardian today:

Sorry to keep posting this, but these jokers need to be held to account.

The free trade agreement we will have to do should be one of the easiest in human history - Liam Fox 2016

The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want - Michael Gove 2016

There will continue to be free trade and access to the single market - Boris Johnson 2016

Not a single job would be lost because of Brexit - Lord Digby Jones 2016

After we vote Leave, we would immediately be able to start negotiating new trade deals with emerging economies and the world’s biggest economies which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU - Leave Campaign 2016

We will maintain a free flowing border at Dover. We will not impose checks at the port. The only reason we would have queues at the border is if we put in place restrictions that created those queues. We are not going to do that - Chris Grayling 2018

Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market - Daniel Hannan 2016

:(

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 20, 2020, 03:18:25 am by SydneyRover »
No one from Yorkshire allowed to read the news, ere by gum, it's yer 6 o clock news.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 20, 2020, 07:10:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yet another example of how Brexit has allowed somebody to take back control.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-google-privacy-eu-exclusive-idUSKBN20D2M3

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 21, 2020, 01:35:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've just realised, with a depressing thump, what this Government's approach is going to be for the next 5 years.

Brexit is going to be a f**king nightmare. It's going to make us a lot poorer. So we have to blame it on someone else.

This week, we've already had migrants and the children of poor people held up as the problems.

And then this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Number10press/status/1229893225663602693

They are going to continue to blame the EU for all our ills. They are complaining that Barnier has said a Canada-TYPE deal isn't on the table.

Except he DIDN'T say that. He said the exact same deal that Canada has with the EU isn't suitable for a UK-EU relationship. He never once said a Canada-TYPE deal isn't on the table.

What responsible Government would hear him say that and then out out that lying tweet? None, of course. But a Govt that assumed you're too f**king thick to realise when you're being lied to by them would, if it wanted to blame someone else for the disaster its own policies will produce.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 21, 2020, 02:24:15 pm by selby »
  Looks like the EU nations are realising how much poorer they are without our contributions helping them bob along Billy, It looks like a bit of a cat fight at the moment, tick tock tick tock, It will be interesting who picks up the payments now, French farmers not very happy, and I suppose their fishermen will soon get the hump.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 21, 2020, 02:55:51 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I've just realised, with a depressing thump, what this Government's approach is going to be for the next 5 years.

Brexit is going to be a f**king nightmare. It's going to make us a lot poorer. So we have to blame it on someone else.

This week, we've already had migrants and the children of poor people held up as the problems.

And then this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Number10press/status/1229893225663602693

They are going to continue to blame the EU for all our ills. They are complaining that Barnier has said a Canada-TYPE deal isn't on the table.

Except he DIDN'T say that. He said the exact same deal that Canada has with the EU isn't suitable for a UK-EU relationship. He never once said a Canada-TYPE deal isn't on the table.

What responsible Government would hear him say that and then out out that lying tweet? None, of course. But a Govt that assumed you're too f**king thick to realise when you're being lied to by them would, if it wanted to blame someone else for the disaster its own policies will produce.

Which is very odd because in 2017 the EU stated that a Canada style free trade deal was possible. Now the EU are stating that it’s not possible without the UK fully aligning itself to EU rules, which is against our wishes. The EU are in danger of backing themselves into a corner here. Not only are they contradicting their own preferred Brexit arrangement but they are also in danger of pushing the UK towards a WTO deal which would leave the UK with comparative regulatory freedom. The EU can not afford to have such a powerful economy on its doorstep with the freedom to trade how and with whom it wants.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 21, 2020, 04:01:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Herbert.

Go on. Where has the EU said that we must have full alignment with the EU rules?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 21, 2020, 04:35:04 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Herbert.

Go on. Where has the EU said that we must have full alignment with the EU rules?

Billy

On Feb 18th the FT reported that the EU is toughening it’s stance on Brexit. It quotes a commission spokesman as saying:
“We have been together for over half a century. Dover is only a few kilometres from Calais. The UK cannot expect high quality access to the single market if it insists on diverging from our rules.”

The EU draft mandate said the UK should continue to honour EU regulations on Tax, State Aid and social policies. This mandate is in the process of being rewritten to include the requirement of a level regulatory playing field that will stand the test of time.

In 2017 (when the EU felt there was a good chance Brexit wouldn’t happen) they were actively encouraging a ‘Canada style’ trade agreement. Now, they’re saying this can only be a possibility if the UK agrees to aggressive regulatory alignment with them.

Would you agree to this?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 21, 2020, 05:01:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So yeah. A Canada-Type deal, in terms of what the benefits to us will be. But with some conditions to protect the EU because the EU-UK market is about 13 times bigger and 1000 times closer than the EU-Canada market.

No-one has said that there would have to be FULL alignment with the EU rules.

Of course, you might just want to take a step back and review the path we've trodden.

Back in early 2016, the idea that we'd leave the SM was, apparently, Project Fear. And we'd hold all the cards in negotiations. And it would be the easiest negotiations in history. And the EU would come begging for a deal.

The people who said that lied to you. They are now running the country. Do you think they are telling you the truth now?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012