Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:32:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: C John  (Read 10273 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: C John
« Reply #30 on February 15, 2020, 06:29:45 pm by Copps is Magic »
It has been John's decision making that has let him down the last few games. He has got the physical attributes of a footballer but sometimes not the mind to work out what to do in different situtations. Luckily for him, I think it is something he can improve upon. He's not been alone, Sheaf had been at it all season, and dare I say it Dieng has made some bad decisions the last few games.

Bobly pitches, windswept backwaters, big ugly buggers not interested in playing football - thats the league one these young lads need to get used to. Sometimes the correct decision is not the prettiest.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 15, 2020, 06:47:35 pm by dickos1 »
.... and yet he played on the left of a back 3 for Wolves U23 s and was highly regarded

And he was only 19 or so at the time

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-cameron-john-lowdown-wolves-15771399

There’s a massive difference between playing left back and left sided centre half

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 15, 2020, 06:51:35 pm by RoversAlias »
Cameron John will play the majority of his career at a higher level than League One in my opinion. All sorts of players have a day where it just all goes wrong. Two own goals? So what. We win and lose as a team, today we lost a d the whole team will feel it. Got a week to get it out of our system now and look to getting back on track at Shrewsbury.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 15, 2020, 06:52:05 pm by foxbat »
so does DM play him in the same position next week ? tricky one , his confidence will be well shot,  but dropping him may well make it worse.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 15, 2020, 07:33:59 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
We need to rally round him. He's not done it on purpose and he'll be in absolute bits over this. He's not a left back and hopefully Amos gets a chance but I hope he doesn't get made the next scapegoat.

If you expect some Rovers fans to rally round him then think again. Some of our ‘fans’ love nothing more than a victim. Check out some of the comments on here for starters...

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 15, 2020, 07:45:23 pm by Barmby Rover »
Cameron John is a fine young footballer who has made two errors today, on other days he has scored for us, put in good shifts in a couple of positions and will go on to be a very talented professional. It is one of those things that young players will make errors, but I would rather have him play for us, to err is human, to forgive is divine. Let's be divine.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 15, 2020, 07:49:06 pm by NickDRFC »
Cameron John is a fine young footballer who has made two errors today, on other days he has scored for us, put in good shifts in a couple of positions and will go on to be a very talented professional. It is one of those things that young players will make errors, but I would rather have him play for us, to err is human, to forgive is divine. Let's be divine.

I don’t think it’s worth lynching the lad but there has to be a point where you say that he’s not good enough right now to be playing at left back for us, and we’d be better off with someone else there. It’s down to Moore to handle that sensitively and compassionately but if he’s costing us points, like today, then the right decision needs making.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 15, 2020, 07:50:15 pm by grayx »
I’m trying to think of a very good centre half who could play as a left back, past or present, and struggling. The fact hes being played as a left back shows how highly DM rates him as a footballer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 15, 2020, 07:55:10 pm by drfchound »
George Friend.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 15, 2020, 08:06:11 pm by LincolnDonny »
Many of us keep saying he is not good enough .and we all get shot down by clever dicks ..well....look who was RIGHT again ............

should have got rid earlier as many of us was saying .......

like the messing about with short goalkicks so many times.THAT will also come to bite us in the arse

but the clever dicks know better dont they ...well until it blows up in their faces .and we can then say WE TOLD YOU SO Smart ARSES

ps. i see ALFIE scored AGAIN................should never have gone.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 08:08:33 pm by LincolnDonny »

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 15, 2020, 08:13:42 pm by curley »
He his just a young player, young players make mistakes all Darren can do is to tell him head up & go again. :rtid:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 15, 2020, 08:43:48 pm by GazLaz »
I said on Twitter half an hour into is first game at left back that he’s never a LB and Moore must be crazy playing him there. Saw this coming. Obvious.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 15, 2020, 08:46:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We need to rally round him. He's not done it on purpose and he'll be in absolute bits over this. He's not a left back and hopefully Amos gets a chance but I hope he doesn't get made the next scapegoat.

If you expect some Rovers fans to rally round him then think again. Some of our ‘fans’ love nothing more than a victim. Check out some of the comments on here for starters...

I couldn't agree more HA.

On one side you have a manager who public supports his players when they make honest errors.

In the other side, you have the folk who are waiting in the blocks for the starting pistol in the "Who is going to be first to tell the world we KNEW they were shit" race.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 15, 2020, 08:46:43 pm by 1879Rovers »
Not a left back. Simple as that.

He's not, he's a goalscorer.

Oh you are so clever. We don’t deserve ‘supporters’ with such wit, so do yourself (& the rest of us here)  a favour & go find a club that does deserve you.

It's is a case of if you don't laugh you'd cry.

One up then a player sent off and then one player scores two own goals, you couldn't make it up.

I really like him and there are fans on here slating him just because he's scored two own goals.

Lighten up!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 15, 2020, 08:48:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Gaz. What did you see coming?

I'll say again. Neither of the two own goals were anything to do with him playing full back.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 15, 2020, 09:24:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I said on Twitter half an hour into is first game at left back that he’s never a LB and Moore must be crazy playing him there. Saw this coming. Obvious.

You're so amazing at spotting things like that. Have you considered becoming a scout?

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 15, 2020, 09:38:22 pm by Danmckay456 »
About time Danny Amos was given a chance a natural left back who offers more balance and support to the left winger

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 15, 2020, 10:09:05 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sublime finish for the second though. He’ll learn from it. We move on collectively.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 15, 2020, 10:12:50 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Many of us keep saying he is not good enough .and we all get shot down by clever dicks ..well....look who was RIGHT again ............

should have got rid earlier as many of us was saying .......

like the messing about with short goalkicks so many times.THAT will also come to bite us in the arse

but the clever dicks know better dont they ...well until it blows up in their faces .and we can then say WE TOLD YOU SO Smart ARSES

ps. i see ALFIE scored AGAIN................should never have gone.

Aye, that’s the spirit...

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 15, 2020, 10:18:04 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

You predicted he’d score 2 own goals cos he’s playing out of his standard position?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 15, 2020, 10:54:21 pm by steve@dcfd »
About time Danny Amos was given a chance a natural left back who offers more balance and support to the left winger

So when Danny’s defensive qualities are put under pressure, which they will at league 1 level, will he get stick as well.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 15, 2020, 11:35:23 pm by knockers »
I’m trying to think of a very good centre half who could play as a left back, past or present, and struggling. The fact hes being played as a left back shows how highly DM rates him as a footballer.
Or that his judgement is wrong or B he doesn’t trust Amos or C he has to play John🤷🏻‍♂️

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 15, 2020, 11:55:29 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Or d). You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Stick to what you know best i.e., rumourmongering about  Kieran Sadlier.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 16, 2020, 01:21:13 am by GazLaz »
Gaz. What did you see coming?

I'll say again. Neither of the two own goals were anything to do with him playing full back.

Him costing us a game. The second one was.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 16, 2020, 09:00:42 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
He's in a central position when he tries to deal with the cross and gets it all wrong. As BST says, it's not because he was playing full back.

The debate about him playing full back is a, separate one and one that most folk would agree the Reece James is a more natural full back. However, given James absence I think the vast majority would pick John in that position ahead of anyone else in the squad based on his overall performances this season.

He's had a bad day and I'm sure he'll be devastated and it's up to Moore to man manage him now to determine whether to rest him or otherwise. I'm sure the rest of the squad will rally around him too. It would be helpful if the fans supported him too!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 16, 2020, 09:04:26 am by andyst79 »
George Friend.
And how many times did he used to get slated on here as not been good enough!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 16, 2020, 09:11:34 am by Chris Black come back »
Friend was a good centre back but not a credible left back for us.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 16, 2020, 09:40:20 am by drfchound »
George Friend.
And how many times did he used to get slated on here as not been good enough!

Not by me he didn’t.
George has gone on to better things so I suppose it shows how much some of our fans know about who is a good footballer.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 16, 2020, 09:42:35 am by Bentley Bullet »
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't it a full back's job to guard the near post at corners, like CJ was doing when he put the ball in his own net for their equaliser? And, wasn't CJ to the left of the centre back, in the left-back position, in fact, when he put through his own goal for Gillingham's winner?

To say CJ was played out of position is cutting the lad some slack. To say him being played out of position was now't to do with him scoring the own goals, meaning he'd have scored them no matter what position he'd played, suggests he's a liability in any position in the side.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 16, 2020, 09:52:40 am by i_ateallthepies »
Tricky decision for DM next game.  Does he try Amos and risk damaging John's already fragile confidence or doe he play John and risk him further damaging his own confidence with potentially another unlucky performance?

Who'd be a manager eh...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012