Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:04:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Caroline Flack.  (Read 1359 times)

jackthelad

• Forum Member
Caroline Flack.
« on February 16, 2020, 04:22:05 am by jackthelad »
Some might say the media have blood on their hands,what a devestating situation.

RIP

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Caroline Flack.
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2020, 09:00:00 am by DonnyOsmond »
RIP.

I don't watch Love Island as it's just a load of people with nothing but looks going for them becoming nationwide famous and opening themselves up to abuse online. Abuse that isn't warranted, like what Hoden mentioned the other day. She made mistakes but she's been hounded to the end, the same with Meghan and others.

There's so many hypocrites out this weekend though. The Editor of the Sun is commenting on Twitter how devastated he was and how lovely she was, yet he has blood on his hands.

Katie Hopkins has been out this morning too saying it's hypocritical people are blaming others but then a using her. She is literally only famous because she abuses people and nearly pushed Jesy Nelson to killing herself.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2020, 09:51:59 am by tyke1962 »
Extremely sad and a real tragedy that a young lass with everything going for her took her own life .

Unfortunately celebrity status comes with strings attached and every aspect of your private life seems to be fair game for the media .

They create you and they have the capability to destroy you too .

The lass made a mistake with her boyfriend , who hasn't done things they wished they hadn't ? .

Just my opinion and not wishing to sound cold and heartless but did it really need to come to that , yes it was an upsetting period in her life but for goodness sake taking your own life ?

The family and friends are the ones who have to live with this tragedy now .

Extremely selfish act , sorry to sound harsh but it is .

The celebrities seem to live in a bubble and away from real life and adversity and haven't the life experience to deal with the down side of life .

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2020, 10:23:46 am by The Red Baron »
First of all, it's a huge tragedy when someone takes her/ his own life, and my thoughts are with Caroline Flack's loved ones.

Secondly, I don't buy newspapers and don't concern myself with what might be called "celebrity news", so I've no idea about what this poor woman was subjected to. Was the "abuse" really in the media, or was it more via social media?

Thirdly, she had been charged with a serious offence. Those who call it a "mistake" should consider how they would feel if she was a man and had assaulted a female partner. I wonder how much the prospect of going to court, and possibly to prison, weighed on her?

Finally, I think some of those people who say they were her friends and are now blaming the media and trolls for her death need to take a look at themselves. Were they really "there for her" or did they actually leave her to cope with her issues alone? Likewise ITV, whose treatment of her seems quite different to how it dealt with Ant McPartlin after his brush with the law.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2020, 02:06:32 pm by tyke1962 »
First of all, it's a huge tragedy when someone takes her/ his own life, and my thoughts are with Caroline Flack's loved ones.

Secondly, I don't buy newspapers and don't concern myself with what might be called "celebrity news", so I've no idea about what this poor woman was subjected to. Was the "abuse" really in the media, or was it more via social media?

Thirdly, she had been charged with a serious offence. Those who call it a "mistake" should consider how they would feel if she was a man and had assaulted a female partner. I wonder how much the prospect of going to court, and possibly to prison, weighed on her?

Finally, I think some of those people who say they were her friends and are now blaming the media and trolls for her death need to take a look at themselves. Were they really "there for her" or did they actually leave her to cope with her issues alone? Likewise ITV, whose treatment of her seems quite different to how it dealt with Ant McPartlin after his brush with the law.

Well it was a mistake in the context that one loss of self control shouldn't define you as a person or your entire life .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2020, 02:52:28 pm by wilts rover »
Like TRB I don't follow celebrity culture (or reality tv shows) so I had no idea who this lady was - even though the future Mrs Wilts Rover is a big Love Island fan.

From what I understand with her court case, the bloke she is alleged to have hit did not want the case to go ahead, would not press charges and was going to stand as a witness for her. If she were not a celebrity would that case even be going ahead? Were the prosectution trying to achieve justice - or trying to get themselves 5 mins in the spotlight by prosecuting a celebrity?

I also read that her suicide came the same day as the S** mocked her with a fake valentine card relating to this court case. One presumes this would have also been mentioned on social media by readers of that same 'newspaper'.

Is this what British 'journalism' and social media is for?

Johnson has promised new laws to cut down on social media abuse. Then again Johnson has promised lots of things in the full knowledge that fake journalism and social media bots and trolls are very useful tools.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2020, 05:18:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Awful she's committed suicide.

The reality is if a bloke had smashed a woman's face whilst they were asleep people would be celebrating that they commit suicide. You would be beaten down if you felt sorry for a man that did this.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2020, 09:09:54 am by The Red Baron »
Like TRB I don't follow celebrity culture (or reality tv shows) so I had no idea who this lady was - even though the future Mrs Wilts Rover is a big Love Island fan.

From what I understand with her court case, the bloke she is alleged to have hit did not want the case to go ahead, would not press charges and was going to stand as a witness for her. If she were not a celebrity would that case even be going ahead? Were the prosectution trying to achieve justice - or trying to get themselves 5 mins in the spotlight by prosecuting a celebrity?

I also read that her suicide came the same day as the S** mocked her with a fake valentine card relating to this court case. One presumes this would have also been mentioned on social media by readers of that same 'newspaper'.

Is this what British 'journalism' and social media is for?

Johnson has promised new laws to cut down on social media abuse. Then again Johnson has promised lots of things in the full knowledge that fake journalism and social media bots and trolls are very useful tools.

On the court case, because it was classed as Domestic Violence the CPS will not necessarily take the fact that the victim doesn't wish to press charges into account. I think it's one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" cases. If they had dropped the charges they would be criticised for having one law for celebrities and another for the rest of us.

The S*n published a story about a very tasteless "Valentine Card." In view of the impending court case, I can only assume their lawyers were sleeping on the job. Mind you, if every national tabloid newspaper in the country went out of business, I certainly wouldn't mourn their passing.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2020, 12:54:16 pm by selby »
 Probably couldn't handle the shock of losing a TV celebrity income, and having a future income on the dole.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2020, 04:59:37 am by roversdude »
Bit harsh selby

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2020, 08:44:50 am by jackthelad »
Bit harsh selby

And probably way off the mark, Caroline was worth millions and would've had job opportunities coming out her ears.

Its tragic regardless of what she did or did not do and I would say the same regardless if it was a male or female. You never know what's going off in somebody's head.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012