Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:05:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Shrewsbury Town game  (Read 7044 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Shrewsbury Town game
« on February 17, 2020, 11:56:33 am by selby »
  After the display on Saturday, which was full of effort and endevour, without having much luck to go with it, how we respond is vital to the rest of the season.
  We can now feel sorry for ourselves and feel that all hope has gone of actually achieving something this season, or stand up to be counted and really have a go at finishing as high as possible, and have a real go to finish the season well.
  Our problem all season has been consistency of results, not helped by surrendering cup games, making constant changes to the starting line up, and in some cases injuries in a small squad, but in my mind some are self inflicted, change for change sake, if we are to go on a run picking our best players in  a consistent line up is now imperative injury allowing, chopping and changing works very rarely.
   Will Coppinger be rested enough after ten days rest? Will Taylor return after his rest? will Amos come in at left back?
   Lot's to discuss about this game, please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Shrewsbury Town game
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2020, 12:35:47 pm by 5 on Tour »
With the exception of Fleetwood vs Portsmouth every team in the mix could well be winning this weekend. Let’s assume that is what will happen. We simply have to win this weekend. We aren’t going to make 9 points up in 12 games when 66% are away from home.

We need our best team out and people playing in correct positions. IMO we missed the width from James with John at LB. I think we would have more flow and shape with Amos in there. Plus he has a mean free kick/cross on him.

Ennis up front. Sads, Copps and Taylor behind him. Bens in front of the back 4 including Amos.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2020, 01:03:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
Danny Amos has very good left foot cross better than James but not been in the first yet because of his defensive qualities. He’s better on the attacking side than defending. Danny is for me abetter wingback that an out and out fullback.  DM will make the right choice.
The team will have the time together with no mid week game. DM will be able to assess the squad and will make the right decision who plays and in what formation.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2020, 01:10:03 pm by drfchound »
With the exception of Fleetwood vs Portsmouth every team in the mix could well be winning this weekend. Let’s assume that is what will happen. We simply have to win this weekend. We aren’t going to make 9 points up in 12 games when 66% are away from home.

We need our best team out and people playing in correct positions. IMO we missed the width from James with John at LB. I think we would have more flow and shape with Amos in there. Plus he has a mean free kick/cross on him.

Ennis up front. Sads, Copps and Taylor behind him. Bens in front of the back 4 including Amos.

I wouldn’t argue about that line up 5on tour.
No doubt some posters will have a pop at me for saying this but we do need a LB in the LB position.
CJ does look lost there and we really missed the attacking threat that James provides.
Cam just doesn’t do that and the two crosses that he sailed into the south stand against Bolton emphasised what we were missing.
I haven’t seen much of Amos but what I have seen tells me that he is more like James in his potential to get forward and be able to assist our attack as well as defend capably.
I was surprised that Moore left both Copps and Sads out at Gillingham when both were very influential in the victory last Tuesday.
In a game that appears to be a must win one, I hope that they are reinstated at Shrewsbury.
Ennis over Cole is also my preferred front man in Okenabirhies’ absence.
I have yet to see enough from Cole to warrant him getting a starting place.
The top six are beginning to pull away from us now when it isn’t long ago that our games in hand would have given us a top four position.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 05:56:33 pm by drfchound »

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2020, 05:19:46 pm by Spud »
Cole was a real handful at Tranmere, it was refreshing to see such a physical presence up front for the first time this season. It's strange how he hasn't really shown much in the games since but I think DM might go with him on saturday with Ennis probably out wide again.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2020, 07:04:04 pm by sha66y »
I see this as an opportunity to blood a couple of youngsters , perhaps Amos And Watters to start, ...

these young men are supposed to be the future so let’s get them in the team and see what they can do....

If it looks like it’s not working bang on a couple of first teamers.....

Not a popular response, but a measured one nonetheless

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2020, 12:00:48 pm by jackthelad »
We need to win if we are serious about chasing the top six.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 20, 2020, 10:26:35 pm by scawsby steve »
Wow, the lack of interest on this thread is deafening, and apparently in the game itself. The North Branch have had to cancel their coach because they couldn't get the numbers.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 20, 2020, 11:15:51 pm by idler »
Maybe some fans are still stunned after Saturday. I also think that the spread of away games might take it’s toll in interest unless we pick up some points.
Again I think that the last few games and Frey’s dismissal have knocked the wind out of a few sails. Hopefully a couple of good wins will pick everyone up.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 21, 2020, 12:04:13 am by rich1471 »
I'm working in Telford so will be going , just looking to see if their is any off street parking or just the park and ride for a £5

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 21, 2020, 12:07:43 am by karldew »
I'm working in Telford so will be going , just looking to see if their is any off street parking or just the park and ride for a £5

Last time I went I parked at a pub not far from the ground for free, I’ll see if I can find the name and let you know.

Edit* ‘The Charles Darwin’ about a 15-20 minute walk. It was the season Keshi scored for us mind so possibly may be a charge now.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:12:47 am by karldew »

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 21, 2020, 06:57:47 am by Spud »
Me & my lad going, looking forward to it.
Must admit I've been leaving it late to order tickets in case it got called off.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 21, 2020, 08:00:00 am by Donnywolf »
Wow, the lack of interest on this thread is deafening, and apparently in the game itself. The North Branch have had to cancel their coach because they couldn't get the numbers.

Looks that way - and I am guessing around 300 Rovers fans there ?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 21, 2020, 03:10:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
"Ricketts, whose side are 10 without a win in the league, will be monitoring injured trio Shaun Whalley, Brad Walker and Josh Vela in the hope at least one will be fit enough to play.

Town have taken four points from the last 30 available and are also without a clean sheet during that run."

think that sums the match up just like i summed the Southend match up the same way  . But in reality in the Southend match they should have taken a 1-0 lead early on when the left back (who will remain nameless gifted a goal with a short back pass) and the goalie saved the day.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 21, 2020, 06:51:32 pm by selby »
CLH, our record of getting teams out of bad runs of form is legendary, in this case I hope we keep them in that bad run of form, but my first instinct when i read your post was OHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 21, 2020, 07:07:55 pm by Campsall rover »
"Ricketts, whose side are 10 without a win in the league, will be monitoring injured trio Shaun Whalley, Brad Walker and Josh Vela in the hope at least one will be fit enough to play.

Town have taken four points from the last 30 available and are also without a clean sheet during that run."

think that sums the match up just like i summed the Southend match up the same way  . But in reality in the Southend match they should have taken a 1-0 lead early on when the left back (who will remain nameless gifted a goal with a short back pass) and the goalie saved the day.
As Selby says. Please SHUT UP. ( Intended in the nicest possible way CLH of course )

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 21, 2020, 08:39:43 pm by drfchound »
We didn’t get Gillingham out of their run of form though.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 21, 2020, 09:35:32 pm by Pancho Regan »
It’s an unfortunate twist of fate that Fejiri won’t be able to play against his former club.

He would have been looking forward to that, and I know many of  their fans were dreading it.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 22, 2020, 08:47:14 am by Jimmydee »
I've left it late to get my ticket so I'm paying on the gate, there's 4 of us driving down this morning.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 22, 2020, 08:50:40 am by selby »
  Well done Jimmydee and mates, easy with the weather to give it a miss, great club, great fans.

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 22, 2020, 08:59:36 am by Crowle Rover »

Another new ground for me and my son.

See you there!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 22, 2020, 09:12:11 am by Colin C No.3 »
I see this as an opportunity to blood a couple of youngsters , perhaps Amos And Watters to start, ...

these young men are supposed to be the future so let’s get them in the team and see what they can do....

Amos for John & Watters for who?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 22, 2020, 09:24:57 am by Donnywolf »

Another new ground for me and my son.

See you there!

Enjoy it - I always like to see a new Ground.

Running out now with 11 left mostly Southern ones of course but with a bit of luck some like Exeter and Plymouth will come up ready for next Season (always assuming we dont go up of course).

Supporters coaches a godsend as I cant be bothered to drive

Shrews tidy enough

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 22, 2020, 10:02:12 am by drfchound »

Amos for John & Watters for who?

Waters at Maidstone now anyway.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 22, 2020, 01:08:05 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

As Selby says. Please SHUT UP. ( Intended in the nicest possible way CLH of course )

.................  i've just been checking Shrewsbury's F A Cup form against (with respect) much better teams than Rovers and they drew with high flying Bristol  City away before disposing of them in the replay and then unbelievably did a "Lazarus" (came back from the dead) against the future Premier Division Champions Liverpool before losing by the odd goal in the replay. Obviously this is going to be a tough match for Rovers. Fingers crossed this is going to be a "tough one" :thumbdown:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 22, 2020, 01:13:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think last week was a major blow with the manner of the defeat gifting Gillingham the game on a platter.

This has now become a must win game with the added self inflicted pressure to get a good result. If DM can convert that pressure and get the boys to play positively, we're more than capable of getting 3 points.

Every game is a cup final now. No time for hesitation hoping we nick a goal, it should be full on desire to win.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 22, 2020, 02:43:11 pm by rich1471 »
It's cold have another pint before you get into the ground

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 22, 2020, 04:41:47 pm by since-1969 »
Curse of Copps being subbed strikes again 1-0

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 22, 2020, 05:00:04 pm by NewDonny »

Keep on believing that if you like, but I would suggest that the issues with the starting lineup, get that right and we might get back to winning.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 22, 2020, 05:06:13 pm by drfchound »

Keep on believing that if you like, but I would suggest that the issues with the starting lineup, get that right and we might get back to winning.

Agreed ND.
Team selection is very strange just now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012