Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:00:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Shrewsbury Town game  (Read 6986 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Shrewsbury Town game
« Reply #30 on February 22, 2020, 05:09:42 pm by pib »
Maybe all this pissing about with the team isn’t doing us any good.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 22, 2020, 05:10:10 pm by NewDonny »
Curse of Copps being subbed strikes again 1-0

Keep on believing that if you like, but I would suggest that the issues with the starting lineup, get that right and we might get back to winning.

Agreed ND.
Team selection is very strange just now.

Talk about the need for consistency then drop your one attacking player who is probably playing his best football of the season in this last 3-4 weeks. Beyond strange if you ask me.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 22, 2020, 05:10:46 pm by NewDonny »
Maybe all this pissing about with the team isn’t doing us any good.

You think!?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 22, 2020, 05:11:44 pm by drfchound »

Keep on believing that if you like, but I would suggest that the issues with the starting lineup, get that right and we might get back to winning.

Agreed ND.

Talk about the need for consistency then drop your one attacking player who is probably playing his best football of the season in this last 3-4 weeks. Beyond strange if you ask me.

None of which will be encouraging him to sign for next season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 22, 2020, 05:15:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think last week was a major blow with the manner of the defeat gifting Gillingham the game on a platter.

This has now become a must win game with the added self inflicted pressure to get a good result. If DM can convert that pressure and get the boys to play positively, we're more than capable of getting 3 points.

Every game is a cup final now. No time for hesitation hoping we nick a goal, it should be full on desire to win.

Not sure why we leave Sadlier on the bench when the time for experimenting with formations has now past.

I'm not the manager, he can explain that one but it feels like opportunities have been allowed to slip through our fingers.

I'm sure the doom mongers will be along shortly to tell us the 'truth' behind it.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 22, 2020, 05:19:17 pm by vaya »
I think last week was a major blow with the manner of the defeat gifting Gillingham the game on a platter.

This has now become a must win game with the added self inflicted pressure to get a good result. If DM can convert that pressure and get the boys to play positively, we're more than capable of getting 3 points.

Every game is a cup final now. No time for hesitation hoping we nick a goal, it should be full on desire to win.

Not sure why we leave Sadlier on the bench when the time for experimenting with formations has now past.

I'm not the manager, he can explain that one but it feels like opportunities have been allowed to slip through our fingers.

I'm sure the doom mongers will be along shortly to tell us the 'truth' behind it.

Undoubtedly a labyrinthine conspiracy theory involving the board, the transfer policy, the club's finances, selection policy, last season's play-offs, the Illuminati and the Zapruder footage.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 22, 2020, 05:20:51 pm by scawsby steve »

Agreed ND.

None of which will be encouraging him to sign for next season.

He won't Hound, and I doubt he'll be the only star player leaving.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 22, 2020, 05:26:03 pm by Retdon1 »
I can’t understand why Sadlier isn’t starting games. He’s our best attacking option

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 22, 2020, 05:28:39 pm by drfchound »
No doubt that the rose tinted brigade will be able to explain that one.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 22, 2020, 05:34:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm sure the glass half empty brigade will present the facts!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 22, 2020, 05:36:50 pm by drfchound »
DBR, your first sentence in post number 34 is probably one of the reasons, which I agree with by the way.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 22, 2020, 05:38:51 pm by scawsby steve »

So everything that's been said on here about today's performance is wrong?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 22, 2020, 05:41:09 pm by Not Now Kato »

I wish I'd got a glass   :suicide:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 22, 2020, 05:41:18 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I can’t understand why Sadlier isn’t starting games. He’s our best attacking option

Have to agree with this, there seems no rhyme nor reason for leaving him out.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 22, 2020, 05:43:58 pm by ScillyRover »
A winning team is generally a settled team. We’ve been anything but that since the transfer window shut.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 22, 2020, 05:44:10 pm by sha66y »
There are no facts , no nothings....just a team that isn’t good enough to beat the other team...

Nobody wants the team to lose, but they are,  and it’s becoming a consistent, ill take a top 12 position now, but think that it will be a bit lower, ( which I’m ok with )

This year DM can be forgiven.....but next year ?

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 22, 2020, 05:45:28 pm by besty »
Is he carrying a knock?
Has he been ill?
Is DM cheesed off with him for not signing the contract?

If none of the above then I'm totally bemused

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 22, 2020, 06:30:57 pm by grayx »
Is he carrying a knock?
Has he been ill?
Is DM cheesed off with him for not signing the contract?

If none of the above then I'm totally bemused

My guess would be the contract issue.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 22, 2020, 06:32:13 pm by drfchound »

DBR, you have said yourself that our play off hopes have been allowed to slip away too easily.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 22, 2020, 07:15:15 pm by 5 on Tour »

We lost and didn’t play our strongest team. Without any injury justification for those players like Sads and Taylor on the bench.

Not sure if that makes my glass half empty, half full or any other bullshit saying you’re interested in. But they’re the facts.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 22, 2020, 07:17:51 pm by BigH »

Undoubtedly a labyrinthine conspiracy theory involving the board, the transfer policy, the club's finances, selection policy, last season's play-offs, the Illuminati and the Zapruder footage.
We play on a grassy knoll nowadays...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 22, 2020, 08:44:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Sadlier’s omission from the the starting 11 is very bizarre, i must agree.

Although we didn’t play at our best by a long way, we were far better than Shrewsbury and should never have lost that game.
Decision making in the penalty area with the wrong pass cost us along with the wood work and the keeper making a couple of very good saves.

Goals win matches and we didn’t score, it’s as simple as that. If we had scored 2 of the several chances we created today then everyone would be saying what a good performance it had been. Yes they would.

We didn’t play as badly as is being suggested imo & it is the result which defines most of the negative or positive comments that are made after every game.
We have played far worse than that and won.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 22, 2020, 08:47:08 pm by RoversAlias »
Darren wanted to play the diamond today, that meant sacrificing the wingers. It didn't work, hopefully it's one to learn from for the future.

We were certainly more threatening in the area once Sadlier and Taylor came on and we went to the 4-2-3-1, but nevermind.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 22, 2020, 08:48:34 pm by drfchound »
Darren wanted to play the diamond today, that meant sacrificing the wingers. It didn't work, hopefully it's one to learn from for the future.

We were certainly more threatening in the area once Sadlier and Taylor came on and we went to the 4-2-3-1, but nevermind.

Cheers for that info RA.
So he is not only tinkering with the personnel but also the system that has served us so well up to now.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 22, 2020, 08:54:27 pm by selby »
 The last two games must be the worst two games back to back I have ever seen by a left back in all my time watching Doncaster Rovers.
   180 minutes of being the obvious weakness in our defence and targeted by the opposition at every opportunity.
   Amos sat watching those two displays must wonder what he has to do to get a game.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:02:33 pm by selby »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 22, 2020, 08:56:13 pm by drfchound »
Brian, it has been obvious to me for weeks that Cameron isn’t good at LB so I am not surprised at your comment.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 22, 2020, 09:07:18 pm by Jonathan »
This is such a ridiculous situation. It’s not as if we’re talking about a sub-standard player. Cameron John is a really promising centre half and we risk undermining his confidence and development by hanging him out to dry in an unfamiliar position. This isn’t all down to Reece James being injured either as John was intermittently picked ahead of him before the injury.

Amos should get a go in his position while James is injured. And John should be pushing our centre halves but having to settle for a place on the bench for the moment.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:09:20 pm by Jonathan »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 22, 2020, 09:17:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

DBR, you have said yourself that our play off hopes have been allowed to slip away too easily.

I wasn't referring to the match as such and our genuine fans critique of the game, I was referring to those who will lay blame on the board, financial cut backs, wanting to sell Cantley Park etc, etc.

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 22, 2020, 09:20:46 pm by Graham Hirst »
I've been saying it for weeks and I'll say it again, to much tinkering from DM, no one seems settled, copps, Sadlier and Taylor can't be happy behind scene, as soon as they have a decent game they get dropped, and John a left back, give me a break

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 22, 2020, 09:28:53 pm by drfchound »

Fair enough DBR.
Too many people though jump on any post which doesn’t suggest that a Rovers will walk into the top six or suggests that certain players are having a tough time.

I wasn't referring to the match as such and our genuine fans critique of the game, I was referring to those who will lay blame on the board, financial cut backs, wanting to sell Cantley Park etc, etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012