Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:23:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Shrewsbury Town game  (Read 7045 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Shrewsbury Town game
« Reply #60 on February 23, 2020, 10:06:36 am by selby »
  Everything I feared and  was posting about around the transfer window now seems to becoming to fruition,
   Instead of just solving the striker problem, to many peoples joy we went the step further and signed more players than we needed, and are now paying the price of players sat watching games who had got us into a good place before Christmas, when we had a finite number of players good enough to play at this level, and picking a team to play was easy.
   Now we have players, Talented yes, but not strong enough or experienced enough to take a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it, and players like Coppinger playing ever decreasing bit parts  sat watching on the bench as much as on the field of play.
   Luck is also playing a part, with a bit of luck we could well have won both the last two games, not being the worst teams on the pitch, but in front of goal you make your own luck, and  the lack of any mention on what looked like a nailed on penalty for a tackle on Coppinger yesterday being a pointer to our acceptance of losing again.
   The attendance and result of next weeks home game could be a pointer of what the club can expect in the take up of next seasons season ticket renewals if things carry on, which is the fear I have had for a week or two, having seen the same situation arise at a number of clubs and here in the past.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 23, 2020, 10:20:50 am by eastender »
  Everything I feared and  was posting about around the transfer window now seems to becoming to fruition,
   Instead of just solving the striker problem, to many peoples joy we went the step further and signed more players than we needed, and are now paying the price of players sat watching games who had got us into a good place before Christmas, when we had a finite number of players good enough to play at this level, and picking a team to play was easy.
   Now we have players, Talented yes, but not strong enough or experienced enough to take a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it, and players like Coppinger playing ever decreasing bit parts  sat watching on the bench as much as on the field of play.
   Luck is also playing a part, with a bit of luck we could well have won both the last two games, not being the worst teams on the pitch, but in front of goal you make your own luck, and  the lack of any mention on what looked like a nailed on penalty for a tackle on Coppinger yesterday being a pointer to our acceptance of losing again.
   The attendance and result of next weeks home game could be a pointer of what the club can expect in the take up of next seasons season ticket renewals if things carry on, which is the fear I have had for a week or two, having seen the same situation arise at a number of clubs and here in the past.

The Copp's incident ,it looked like their player got his foot in front of Copp's and played the ball. Copp's then kicked their blokes heel, IMO.
No Pen for me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 23, 2020, 07:02:39 pm by drfchound »

Brian, the shown attendance figure next week may be the usual level due to the regular including of season ticket sales, even though they don’t always attend.
However, I suspect that the number of actual empty seats will be noticeably higher.
Now that the prospect of a top six place has all but gone there will be a drop in people attending matches.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 23, 2020, 08:02:17 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I've been saying it for weeks and I'll say it again, to much tinkering from DM, no one seems settled, copps, Sadlier and Taylor can't be happy behind scene, as soon as they have a decent game they get dropped, and John a left back, give me a break

Somebody had the nerve/foresight/temerity (who knows) a few weeks ago on here to make a suggestion I'm not going to expand on other than to say there's an elephant in the room.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 23, 2020, 08:58:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
Did we have the same problem this time last season February 2019. 8 pts from 15pts
Then we followed that up with 9pts from 21pts in March.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012