Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:39:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is the club cutting back?  (Read 11071 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Is the club cutting back?
« Reply #90 on February 24, 2020, 10:07:54 pm by ravenrover »
And that is it exactly, it's your decision so will you now buy a shirt and a programme now?

So, not answering my questions rr?
Sorry, what question? Have I missed it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on February 24, 2020, 10:19:47 pm by Not Now Kato »
And that is it exactly, it's your decision so will you now buy a shirt and a programme now?

So you weren't part of the 300

As I said, I don't remember being!

But that is irrelevant as, from what other posters who remember the survey have said, people were only asked to rate the current offerings; not to pick which ones they wanted and which ones they didn't.

I assume you completed the survey?  So was there any indication on it that the purpose was to determine which items should be retained and which items should be dropped?

And what if I did complete the survey and rated,say, the shirt as most important to me?  Do I then not have the right to complain?

Well?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 24, 2020, 10:20:51 pm by knockers »
How many on here are like me in the Copps 600 scheme , I’m paying my £300 on Saturday for next season
I’m in that. When’s the next payment actually due?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:44:35 am by knockers »

Away Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on February 25, 2020, 06:22:58 am by Away Rover »
Same here, I've not had an email about when the next payment is due.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 25, 2020, 08:54:08 am by dijit8 »
I think its sometime May but will need to double check exact date.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on February 25, 2020, 11:26:37 am by ravenrover »

But that is irrelevant as, from what other posters who remember the survey have said, people were only asked to rate the current offerings; not to pick which ones they wanted and which ones they didn't.

I assume you completed the survey?  So was there any indication on it that the purpose was to determine which items should be retained and which items should be dropped?

And what if I did complete the survey and rated,say, the shirt as most important to me?  Do I then not have the right to complain?

Well?

Yes
No
As much as say the remainers have had, if the majority of those asked put shirt at the bottom of their ranking so be it. Nobody can stop anyone complaining, but perhaps do it to the club?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on February 25, 2020, 02:10:31 pm by Not Now Kato »

Well?

Yes
No
As much as say the remainers have had, if the majority of those asked put shirt at the bottom of their ranking so be it. Nobody can stop anyone complaining, but perhaps do it to the club?

Thank you.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on February 25, 2020, 04:23:07 pm by Not Now Kato »
Spoke to the club, and I really appreciate the opportunity to do so (we were taking for nearly half an hour) and can now understand the reasons this happened, although there should have been more communication before policy was changed.

It appears that a solely parking pass didn't exist before, and this had helped muddy the waters. Some people wanted parking first and foremost and had no other choice in what they had to buy to get this. Some of us had never had parking previously and bought the Plus membership when offered due to the sum of its parts.

IMHO the confusion at the club over what ought to have been two different products has caused the situation we're in now.

It's a shame for those of us who bought the Plus membership for what it was, rather than just a fancy parking pass.

It's a shame that poor/not enough communication with previous buyers has meant this has happened, and I'm still disappointed that I won't be buying Plus for the forthcoming season.

Not the end of the world though. Back to parking and walking in and avoiding the aforementioned free for all trying to get out of the car park! I may get away quicker!  :lol:

Maybe a better review will happen for 21/22 season.

I had a similar and much appreciated call with Shaun at the club this morning and can echo the above.  That someone like Shaun is prepared to spend significant time talking to individual supporters is not only a credit to the the club, it is something that sets Rovers apart from many if not all other football clubs.  So thank you Shaun.

I can now fully understand the logic that the club has applied to the Silver Plus package for the forthcoming season and what they a re trying to achieve.  Whether it will be successful or not only time will tell and I appreciate that the club will be monitoring how this goes over time and are flexible enough to revisit the benefits of Silver Plus in the future, should the need arise.

I also echoed RTID75's comments that much of the disappointment around the changes to Silver Plus was down to poor/lack of communications from the club.  I understand the pressure Shaun and his team were under at the timing of their decision to make the changes, but I believe that he has taken the issue of communication RTID75 and I raised with him on board.

I also took the opportunity to raise a couple of issues in respect of parking in Car Park 3 and Shaun was very receptive to what I was saying and was more than happy to look into these further.

So a very worthwhile chat with Shaun and a sincere public thank you to him for both his time and his explanations.  :thumbsup:   :rtid:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on February 25, 2020, 07:20:33 pm by ravenrover »
Excellent post

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on February 27, 2020, 05:37:44 pm by Not Now Kato »
Final update on this for me.

Popped into the Box Office the other day and, true to their word, the credited my debit card with the £25 they'd mistakenly charged me for the Purple Book.

They explained that the computer was adding this in error at point of sale and they were correcting it manually once they spotted it, but a number of sales had gone through unnoticed; one of course being mine.

I understand they were contacting others who were also mistakenly charged before the issue was spotted.   

Well done again Rovers.   :thumbsup:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on February 27, 2020, 05:46:38 pm by Filo »

Popped into the Box Office the other day and, true to their word, the credited my debit card with the £25 they'd mistakenly charged me for the Purple Book.

They explained that the computer was adding this in error at point of sale and they were correcting it manually once they spotted it, but a number of sales had gone through unnoticed; one of course being mine.

I understand they were contacting others who were also mistakenly charged before the issue was spotted.   

The computer is inly doing what it is programmed to do, it has n’t done anything in error, the error lies with the person giving the computer the instructions

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on February 27, 2020, 05:54:48 pm by Not Now Kato »

The computer is inly doing what it is programmed to do, it has n’t done anything in error, the error lies with the person giving the computer the instructions

Indeed Filo, it was the addition of the £25 that was in error, (due to a mistake in the program).  Errors happen, it's how they are corrected that's important, and this the club did very well.  :thumbsup:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on February 27, 2020, 07:09:53 pm by drfchound »
Paid for my ST today, just over £9 per game for next season (assuming no one gets kicked out of the division again) and have already saved £4 by using the Greggs vouchers at Lakeside Village.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on February 28, 2020, 01:06:18 pm by elmsallrover »
How many sausage rolls you get to save £4...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on February 28, 2020, 08:40:33 pm by drfchound »
None, I got a latte and a chicken slice, free.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:20:52 pm by drfchound »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on February 28, 2020, 10:13:40 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Yes but where’s my personalised ruler & coaster?!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 29, 2020, 01:56:13 pm by deebee »
17 and under prices have not been frozen, they have increased by £5 but still offer very good value.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012