Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:26:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Gypsy King, Champion of the World  (Read 3308 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
The Gypsy King, Champion of the World
« on February 23, 2020, 09:34:13 am by Branton Rover »
Massive congratulations to TYSON Fury World Heavyweight champion again - he kept to his word & took the fight to Deontay Wilder from the off - he dismantled Wilder knocking him down twice in impressive style - had Wilders corner not chucked in the towel the referee was poised to step in as Fury’s sustained attacks were not being countered by Wilder who by this time was a sitting duck.

We as Doncastrians do have a connection with Tyson Fury - he married his wife in the church down Chequer Road 2008.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: The Gypsy King, Champion of the World
« Reply #1 on February 23, 2020, 09:43:52 am by Branton Rover »
Considering the journey Fury has been on from drugs, drink, depression and in the verge of suicide to resurrect himself to now arguably becoming the biggest sports star on the planet, he should be a shoe in for Sports Personality of the Year - add to this his 10 stone weight loss to get himself back into shape - I’ll end there I’m beginning to sound like his agent

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 23, 2020, 09:45:53 am by roversdude »
Brilliant performance proves you can comeback from anything
Didn’t know that BR

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 23, 2020, 09:53:02 am by Tiddysdad »

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 23, 2020, 10:23:51 am by Jimmydee »
We had a huge boost in the DRFC Fans4foodbanks  donation from the travellers community last year thanks to Tyson’s encouragement.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 23, 2020, 10:29:02 am by Branton Rover »
I’m in admiration of Fury I get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but in a world of greyness he’s multicoloured and nobody can claim he doesn’t have a personality either

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 23, 2020, 10:37:01 am by Bezza »
How good to see a British Heavyweight win in America,

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 23, 2020, 11:02:43 am by Copps is Magic »
We as Doncastrians do have a connection with Tyson Fury - he married his wife in the church down Chequer Road 2008.

Hes regulraly spotted in Donny also. Family member of mine spotted him in 'B and M' of all places, guess you never forget your routes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 11:04:47 am by Copps is Magic »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 23, 2020, 11:06:53 am by Retdon1 »

Hes regulraly spotted in Donny also. Family member of mine spotted him in 'B and M' of all places, guess you never forget your routes.

He has family living in Bawtry and a village near Retford. He’s been spotted a few times in Morrison’s in Retford 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 23, 2020, 12:23:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
Is not his wife originally from Doncaster?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 23, 2020, 12:33:54 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Is not his wife originally from Doncaster?

She is.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 23, 2020, 12:44:05 pm by Sprotyrover »
Paris worked in a Beauty Saloon in Sprotbrough Village, my missus used to have her nails done by Paris who was courting Tyson, Missus met him a few times and says he is a very nice person.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 23, 2020, 01:43:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Big, warm hearted, generous, God loving guy, who has given millions to charity.

What a performance, and what a comeback in his life. Well done big man, you've proved all your critics wrong.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 23, 2020, 03:05:51 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm a big fan of his boxing and his positive mental health stance, but he needs to sort out his homophobic views.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 23, 2020, 04:32:03 pm by Draytonian III »
A woman I know has his phone number as she used to be the owner a cake shop in Retford and did his wedding cake ,typically gypsy wedding cake. His mother in law lives in a village near Retford Rover

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 23, 2020, 06:51:19 pm by drfchound »

If you forget your routes you can get lost.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 23, 2020, 10:05:10 pm by jackthelad »
He’s brilliant, inspiration to others with how far he has fallen and how he has rose right to the top again.

Outstanding boxer aswell, I think he beats Joshua or any other heavyweight comfortably whilst at his best.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 23, 2020, 10:51:12 pm by Jonathan »
He’s made some regrettable comments in the past but they came when he was a dark place. I think he’s proved to be a good hearted guy. Not from what you call a conventional background but he’s used his platform to become an inspirational character and I have huge admiration for him.

Great boxer too. The best of the heavyweights by a long way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 23, 2020, 10:55:05 pm by Filo »
He’s brilliant, inspiration to others with how far he has fallen and how he has rose right to the top again.

Outstanding boxer aswell, I think he beats Joshua or any other heavyweight comfortably whilst at his best.

AJ can box, Wilder can’t he’s just a slugger, a fight with AJ would be harder than people think

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 23, 2020, 11:11:18 pm by Jonathan »

AJ can box, Wilder can’t he’s just a slugger, a fight with AJ would be harder than people think

I don’t see AJ beating Fury.

AJ boxed well in his rematch with a hideously overweight Ruiz. But AJ’s power is reduced at that weight, and he’d not keep Fury at range as easily as he did Ruiz, who was static and laboured.

A bulked up AJ has power but would get picked apart by Fury who is a slicker and more skilled boxer.

I just don’t see AJ winning that one at all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 23, 2020, 11:19:13 pm by Filo »

I don’t see AJ beating Fury.

AJ boxed well in his rematch with a hideously overweight Ruiz. But AJ’s power is reduced at that weight, and he’d not keep Fury at range as easily as he did Ruiz, who was static and laboured.

A bulked up AJ has power but would get picked apart by Fury who is a slicker and more skilled boxer.

I just don’t see AJ winning that one at all.

I did n’t say AJ would beat Fury, what I said was AJ would be a tougher opponent than Wilder due to AJ’s better boxing ability compared to Wilder

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 24, 2020, 10:54:09 am by drfchound »
https://youtu.be/kXiKGWawZtc

If you missed it.

Interesting video that, I hadn’t seen it before.
After the melee following the bad tackle, was that Darren Moore being shepherded away from the scuffle by a Sheff Utd player?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 25, 2020, 08:07:15 am by mushRTID »
Wilder saying he wasn’t hurt and he lost because his costume for the ring walk was too heavy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 25, 2020, 12:38:47 pm by GazLaz »
I’ve never known people’s opinions on a person change so much. Hes making people look mugs.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 25, 2020, 05:46:22 pm by scawsby steve »
I’ve never known people’s opinions on a person change so much. Hes making people look mugs.

In what way? He's always given millions to charity; he's always tried to help those less fortunate than him, just ask Jimmydee; and he's always been a great boxer.

What's your problem with him?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 25, 2020, 06:28:29 pm by GazLaz »

In what way? He's always given millions to charity; he's always tried to help those less fortunate than him, just ask Jimmydee; and he's always been a great boxer.

No problem with him. I’m his biggest fan.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 25, 2020, 08:28:03 pm by scawsby steve »

No problem with him. I’m his biggest fan.

Wait a minute Gaz, I think I may have mis-read your post. Do you actually mean the people who are being made to look mugs are those that previously criticised him? If so, I wholeheartedly apologise and agree with you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 25, 2020, 11:08:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's a quite superb boxer and has astonishing reserves of courage and strength to have pulled himself back from where he was 4-5 years ago.

He also has some neanderthal social views.

Who'd have thought it? People can be good and bad at the same time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012