Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:55:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lokilo  (Read 7586 times)

DollyRover

• Forum Member
Lokilo
« on February 24, 2020, 02:10:38 pm by DollyRover »
I just realised we signed this lad on loan in January but haven't seen anything of him. I know he played in the development game but hadn't been involved in first team matchday as yet, was he injured when we signed him or not match fit? Any one who was at the development game have any comments on his game? Apologises if this has been discussed previously, just haven't seen anything on him at all

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Lokilo
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2020, 02:18:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
He’ll be playing tonight at the Keepmoat

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2020, 04:28:20 pm by Alan Southstand »
From memory, he’s played in 2 u23 games and scored 2 goals.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2020, 04:32:12 pm by jamesrover17 »
Reading in between the lines, he could be one we turn permanent in the summer, not sure which of the current loanees you would drop for him currently though, keep him fit in the U-23's get a good look at him then see what happens

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2020, 06:33:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
Not in squad tonight it looks like he played for Crystal Palace in the same U23 cup so wouldn’t be able to play in this competition.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 24, 2020, 09:49:46 pm by drfc1951 »
Any updates from tonights game?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 24, 2020, 09:54:36 pm by Jonathan »
He is still waiting for a loan player to get injured until he can make the squad.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 24, 2020, 10:04:30 pm by drfchound »
You would have thought that a loan player who isn’t playing too well could be left out.
That would possibly allow one of our own players to take his place.
That in turn would let Lokilo into the match day squad.

CGJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 24, 2020, 10:30:38 pm by CGJ »
Any updates from tonights game?
Drew 2-2.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 24, 2020, 10:50:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
You would have thought that a loan player who isn’t playing too well could be left out.

You would have thought that’s down to the manager to make that decision.
Both with our replacement players and Lokilo.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 24, 2020, 10:56:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
As far as tonight’s game is concerned, there is no-one ready for the first team!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 24, 2020, 11:15:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
As far as tonight’s game is concerned, there is no-one ready for the first team!
There must be, there are supporters who believe some players are ready now without watching them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:18:15 pm by steve@dcfd »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 25, 2020, 08:30:34 am by drfchound »

You would have thought that’s down to the manager to make that decision.
Both with our replacement players and Lokilo.

Incredible perception that Steve.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 25, 2020, 11:15:42 am by selby »
  Alan, as a team we were completely disjointed, but our keeper proved to me he is capable of being a cover for Dieng, and now looks more capable than Lawlor.
  Amos did some decent things when in possession looking much more comfortable on the ball than John down the left. Our mid field were outclassed, and Baptiste looked way off it, and when Horton went off it disrupted our defence even more, as he had a half decent game in the first half.
  Exeter were by far the better footballing side.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 25, 2020, 12:24:32 pm by steve@dcfd »
Wasn’t Amos beaten with pace last night. He has the best left foot at the club but because of pace and defensive qualities he is not picked. Also did he not get injured last night. If picked will he get the same judgemental views.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 25, 2020, 12:31:38 pm by anton123 »
He can’t be part of squad until we drop another loan so he will have to wait his turn

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 26, 2020, 12:04:28 pm by phil old leake »
I struggle with this. I’m assuming his parent club allowed him to play at DRFC so he could play
If he’s not going to get games what is the point.  I know we’ve got too many loanees but he’s meant to be a really good prospect and from what I’ve read on here and in FP the other loan players haven’t exactly lit the world up

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 26, 2020, 12:13:57 pm by keith79 »
Moore says he is not match fit. He is not injured just not ready fitness wise

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 26, 2020, 12:33:18 pm by dickos1 »
There were plenty of people saying it was daft having more loan players than were allowed to play

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 26, 2020, 12:42:27 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The only way this signing makes sense is if we are trying to get him permanently in the summer. if that's the case it'd be good to have him play first ahead of other loanees who we aren't realistically going to sign now that are playoff chances are all but over 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 26, 2020, 12:43:21 pm by steve@dcfd »
DM says he is ready now for the first team could have been involved at Shrewsbury but had a bug. He’s trained this week couldn’t play Monday because he was cup tied. But is ready for this weekend if selected.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/update-availability-crystal-palace-loanee-jason-lokilo-doncaster-rovers-1891511

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 26, 2020, 12:56:42 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Brighton loaned Connolly to Luton on Jan 31st last season and he didn't even join up with Luton til April

they both knew the score .....   as does DM

Connolly impressed earlier this season in the Premiership and might make the Irish team

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47784977

so lets hope Lokilo can get a "Look in"   

as mentioned on the other thread Rovers are 16/1 for the top 6  if you think he can pull up trees

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:01:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 26, 2020, 01:03:27 pm by jackthelad »
There were plenty of people saying it was daft having more loan players than were allowed to play

And they would be completely right.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 26, 2020, 01:08:16 pm by steve@dcfd »

And they would be completely right.

Some people would say it is not the right strategy to have loan players we can’t sign at the end of the season. But without them we wouldn’t have a team. This summers going to be interesting at first team and U23 level. A lot of contracts to sort and decisions who’s worth keeping and if we dot can we afford better replacements.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 26, 2020, 02:06:06 pm by phil old leake »
I think we can write off all the loan players. I’m assuming Sadlier is a given to move on
We could well find ourselves in a bigger mess than this year
DM and the club need to be looking now otherwise the same excuses about start if the season.  Only half a squad training.  Other half coming in not fit  looking at development which never seems to come to fruition
The play offs have all but gone  were safe so let’s try and test our developing players

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 26, 2020, 02:19:28 pm by steve@dcfd »
Our developing players were tested on Monday night and were completely overrun by Exeter if had not been for very good saves by Jones the score could have been embarrassing.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 26, 2020, 02:42:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
This summer could be good for us assuming our manager doesn't leave again we'll have a full transfer window (proper one not January) to rebuild the squad. I just hope our head of recruitment has spent his time finding gems we can sign permanently not looking at prem reserves for loans.

I like us using the loan system but 5-6 loan players is way too many 1-2 who are very good would be better. imo having such a large chunk of the squad who know they don't need to be here next season must be detrimental.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 27, 2020, 09:07:36 am by Alan Southstand »
There’s one thing for sure, it gives us inconsistencies!

The trouble seems to be the type of loans we’re bringing in, that is, they’re all very young and quite a few, this season, have had no previous football league experience. That’s ok, if, after having had a season’s experience with us, we then go on to sign any of them, but, alas, I fear that will not be happening. So, we have to start again next season, but with the same thing repeated.

Ultimately, it doesn’t get us anywhere. We are not building, even for the longer term, with the current strategy.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 27, 2020, 09:11:40 am by drfchound »
Agreed Alan, I said something similar on another thread a couple of days ago.
On top of that if we don’t go up (we won’t) then I suspect that offers will come in for players like Whiteman and Anderson and they will probably want to try themselves at Championship level and of course earn better money.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 27, 2020, 03:00:54 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Agreed Alan, I said something similar on another thread a couple of days ago.
On top of that if we don’t go up (we won’t) then I suspect that offers will come in for players like Whiteman and Anderson and they will probably want to try themselves at Championship level and of course earn better money.

While it's not ideal to lose those player if they do go we should get a really good fee for them which could be reinvested in several very good players (if we do our recruitment right). Imo it's better to lose contracted players like this than just see loanees go back to their club for nothing 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012