Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:17:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ifollow  (Read 773 times)

besty

• Forum Member
ifollow
« on February 27, 2020, 08:34:39 pm by besty »
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on ifollow for the future.
My story is I use to drive over from Wigan and it was a social event as I met my dad had a few beers and a catchup.Since my dad passed away I no longer have that desire  to attend matches so ifollow is a blessing,Ive attended 1 home match and watched 5 on ifollow.

Are there many out there that would attend matches if they couldnt watch it live through this platform?

Is this then going to effect income/attendances going forward if its rolled out to all games?

Guess streaming football is the future but for smaller clubs is this going to work?!

Thoughts anyone

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: ifollow
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2020, 08:46:57 pm by ravenrover »
Personally if I couldn't get to live matches I wouldn't want to watch them on ifollow.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2020, 09:06:29 pm by drfc1951 »
I cant get to night matches so I watch them on ifollow.If there was no ifollow , I couldn't get to the match anyway
so I would miss out.I have watched every night match home or away and the coverage is excellent.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2020, 09:11:41 pm by rich1471 »
I'm a season ticket holder , but do watch away games on ifollow ,HDMI from my PC to T.V and enjoy it.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2020, 09:16:19 pm by idler »
I find that over the last two seasons I have found the drive over harder. My son and granddaughter aren't as available as they were. There is nothing like being there but I can watch for free on a box so if I choose I am saving petrol money which is almost as much as a ticket. I can also listen on Ifolow if I choose. I am also not leaving my wife whose health isn't what it was on her own for six or more hours while I am at a game.
If I still lived in Donny I would have a season ticket and be at all or most matches every week, no question. I envy local supporters and it really annoys me at times that some supporters in Donny don't realise just what they have on their doorstep. I went most to most home games however we were playing between 1958 and 1978. I then moved 40odd miles away and spent a fortune on tickets and petrol visiting over 120 grounds between 1962 and the present time. I feel that the loyalty isn't as strong with a lot of modern fans. Every time that we lose a long standing fan now it is someone who has seen us at our lowest ebb and still kept supporting. A lot of today's fans have only known relative success to many of us older ones.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2020, 10:15:01 pm by South East Rover »
I find that over the last two seasons I have found the drive over harder. My son and granddaughter aren't as available as they were. There is nothing like being there but I can watch for free on a box so if I choose I am saving petrol money which is almost as much as a ticket. I can also listen on Ifolow if I choose. I am also not leaving my wife whose health isn't what it was on her own for six or more hours while I am at a game.
If I still lived in Donny I would have a season ticket and be at all or most matches every week, no question. I envy local supporters and it really annoys me at times that some supporters in Donny don't realise just what they have on their doorstep. I went most to most home games however we were playing between 1958 and 1978. I then moved 40odd miles away and spent a fortune on tickets and petrol visiting over 120 grounds between 1962 and the present time. I feel that the loyalty isn't as strong with a lot of modern fans. Every time that we lose a long standing fan now it is someone who has seen us at our lowest ebb and still kept supporting. A lot of today's fans have only known relative success to many of us older ones.

How do you watch for free on a box ?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2020, 10:17:26 pm by idler »
Buy the box and pay £60 a year for a vpn.
I do rarely watch though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012