Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:42:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 5 Things We Learned from Shrewsbury game  (Read 1071 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
5 Things We Learned from Shrewsbury game
« on February 24, 2020, 07:00:43 pm by RoversAlias »
Hi folks,

My analysis of Saturday's defeat at Shrewsbury is now online. You can check it out at the link below:

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/5-things-we-learned-shrewsbury-1-0-rovers

This week I'm taking an in-depth look at Darren Moore's need to tinker with his side constantly, and ask whether it is the best way forward, as well as assessing the effectiveness of the formation change used at Shrewsbury. I also discuss the performances of Jacob Ramsey, Joe Wright and Cameron John, and ponder what constitutes a successful season for us through the last 12 games of the campaign.

Many thanks for reading and supporting the site, please do let me know your thoughts on the game, on this article and on anything else regarding our website or social media pages!

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: 5 Things We Learned from Shrewsbury game
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2020, 07:16:35 pm by drfchound »
Just been watching the news.
I learned that it isn’t a good idea to leave your car in a town centre car park, so we have six things that we learned from Shrewsbury.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2020, 01:25:04 pm by RoversAlias »
Ha, well so long as we didn't find ourselves in the town whilst it was/is underwater anyway Hound!

You could barely tell they'd had all that water when we were there. They built the stadium in a good place out of the way of the River Severn.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2020, 03:53:51 pm by Spud »
It's a fair assessment that RA, agree with pretty much all of it

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2020, 05:55:44 pm by NickDRFC »
Couldn’t agree more on the team selections based on opposition. If we’re in for a game where we are likely to be the underdog (like Sunderland away) I think it’s fair to set up in a way to negate the favourite’s tactics, but in other games we should be on the front foot and let the opposition worry about us. Too much tweaking can be detrimental and harm our chances of consistency, which seems to be the case right now.

I agree with most other things but think you contradict yourself a bit with Cameron John. On the one hand you say that Moore had to stick with John to save his confidence, yet in the next paragraph you say that he should be taken out of the firing line. For me I’d have replaced John last week - he’s been a liability for some time and it should have been down to DM’s man management skills to rescue his confidence, not down to an unwarranted place in the team.

A good read as always, keep them coming!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 25, 2020, 06:35:03 pm by drfchound »
Nick, I agree that we should let opponents like Shrewsbury and Bolton, for example, worry about us.
Too much tinkering with the team does seem to have had an adverse effect on performances.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 25, 2020, 07:34:37 pm by steve@dcfd »
I hope the players who ever they are in attacking areas can be more clinical let’s hope they have learnt from that. We’ve had chances in the last two games to have drawn or even won games. It’s in games like these were chance conversion is more important.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 25, 2020, 10:11:42 pm by since-1969 »
I learned that Tranmere can beat this shower away and we can’t ! Does this count .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012