Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:26:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Championship football is back  (Read 1097 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Championship football is back
« on June 20, 2020, 11:58:04 am by NickDRFC »
Was going to post this in another thread but thought it might be worth one of its own...

Anyone interested in the Championship kicking off again today? I’d imagine many eyes will be on Hull who were in free fall before lockdown and have since lost a few first team players including their captain, vice-captain and one Malik Wilks, who Barnsley are refusing to extend the loan of in fear of strengthening a relegation rival. There’s an interesting case study of integrity vs self interest.

I’m sure there will be a bit of interest at the top of the table as well, with Leeds fans and Campsall Rover hoping Leeds don’t stumble again and pretty much the rest of the footballing world hoping that they do ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Championship football is back
« Reply #1 on June 20, 2020, 12:13:25 pm by Draytonian III »
I’m interested but only because I’ve had a £3 bet on there being over 1.5 goals in some of the matches

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 20, 2020, 12:15:21 pm by karldew »
Only reason I’m glad the championship is restarting is that it actually gives L**ds a chance to f*ck up. Unfortunately I can’t see it happening this season but you never know!

We should of been a bit more like Barnsley when we let Main go to Oldham..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 20, 2020, 12:44:16 pm by silent majority »
Only reason I’m glad the championship is restarting is that it actually gives L**ds a chance to f*ck up. Unfortunately I can’t see it happening this season but you never know!

We should of been a bit more like Barnsley when we let Main go to Oldham..

Its a different situation entirely though.

All contracts, for loan players and players who's contracts end this month, need extending to be able to play in the elongated season 19/20. Without that permission they won't be able to play. Our game against Oldham was in the regular season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 20, 2020, 01:05:26 pm by selby »
I feel it is more important to our club that the championship season is concluded  and a success than the premiership, and if things start to progress a new governing body can be sorted out and progress can be made both on and off the field of play.
  This season has shown up too many inadequacies to just plod on and not sort rules out once and for all that cover certain situations and the financial governance of the clubs, that certain clubs have took advantage of to the detriment of other clubs and supporters.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 01:13:35 pm by selby »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 20, 2020, 03:22:56 pm by Campsall rover »
Was going to post this in another thread but thought it might be worth one of its own...

Anyone interested in the Championship kicking off again today? I’d imagine many eyes will be on Hull who were in free fall before lockdown and have since lost a few first team players including their captain, vice-captain and one Malik Wilks, who Barnsley are refusing to extend the loan of in fear of strengthening a relegation rival. There’s an interesting case study of integrity vs self interest.

I’m sure there will be a bit of interest at the top of the table as well, with Leeds fans and Campsall Rover hoping Leeds don’t stumble again and pretty much the rest of the footballing world hoping that they do ;)
:rtid::that:  :)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 27, 2020, 02:35:59 pm by NickDRFC »
Massive win for Luton today, means they’ve leapfrogged Barnsley who will be bottom unless they can find a winner against Millwall in the next 15 minutes. Would be great from a local derby perspective if 3 of Barnsley, Hull, Boro or Huddersfield were relegated - I think it’s very likely we’ll see at least the first two come down.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 27, 2020, 10:20:06 pm by IDM »
Massive win for “them” from West Yorkshire too..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012