Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:59:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 52409 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #60 on April 18, 2020, 01:00:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It all fits with Steve Bannon's philosophy.

He reckons that every 80-100 years there is a major game changing event that re-shapes the world.

Late 1700s Industrial Revolution and American Independence.

Mid 1800s: American Civil War

Early-mid 1900s World Wars.

He actively wants a global massive breakdown. Because he says that it's possible to reconstruct the world afterwards. And of course, he wants the world reconstructed with far-Right leadership.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 24, 2020, 07:50:43 am by Filo »
Trump’s latest miracle cure for COVID19, inject yourself with disinfectant 😳😳😳😳😳😳

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 24, 2020, 08:11:12 am by Pancho Regan »
You really couldn't make it up could you?!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 24, 2020, 08:20:20 am by Filo »
You really couldn't make it up could you?!

Domestos, kills all known germs 😂

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 24, 2020, 08:31:13 am by Hounslowrover »
He's amazing, we know disinfectant kills the virus, but so does soap and water, I'm surprised we aren't injecting that too.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 24, 2020, 09:00:36 am by SydneyRover »
This from Wiki tells you a lot about trump

Early life and education

In 1964, Trump enrolled at Fordham University. Two years later he transferred to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.[6] While at Wharton, he worked at the family business, Elizabeth Trump & Son.[7]

He graduated in May 1968 with a B.S. in economics.[6][8] Profiles of Trump published in The New York Times in 1973 and 1976 erroneously reported that he had graduated first in his class at Wharton, but he had never made the school's honor roll.[9]

In 2015, Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen threatened Fordham University and the New York Military Academy with legal action if they released Trump's academic records.[10]

we all know what BS means in this case?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 24, 2020, 09:27:38 am by Pancho Regan »
Criticising President Trump?
Wash your mouth out with soap!

Or disinfectant.........

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 24, 2020, 09:53:21 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Simply unbelievable isn't it. What an utter prick. I just hope to God none of his adoring supporters try this.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 24, 2020, 10:19:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Colonel Dr Deborah Birx is the immunologist who has stood beside Trump at the briefings and not criticised his previous ramblings.

Here she is having that existential moment when you search inside your soul to ask yourself if you can publicly stand up to the madman. And realise that you don't have the courage to do so. And then realise how you will be viewed by history.

Take Camera 2 tweet...

https://mobile.twitter.com/NC5PhilWilliams/status/1253487743046385670

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 24, 2020, 10:25:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Mind. Maybe Trump is right about UV.

He's been circulating round a lot of people who have had the virus and his permatanned hide hasn't succumbed yet.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 24, 2020, 10:33:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Actually, just thinking about that video. The implications are terrifying.

It sounds like in a private briefing Trump has said, "Hey, what about injecting disinfectant!"

And the advisors know they can't say, "100% no Mr President. That is ridiculous and incredibly dangerous." Because they know he'll fly off into a rage if he's stood up to.

So she mentally facepalms and says "Yes Mr President, we'll look into that."

What other sequence of events could explain that audio and visual?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 24, 2020, 10:52:44 am by SydneyRover »
He must think he's the oracle, thousand upon thousands of scientists around the world and none of them thought to inject disinfectant to kill a virus.

His agents phone must be ringing of the hook

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 24, 2020, 11:00:12 am by IDM »
What a stupid Kitson..

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 24, 2020, 11:06:44 am by Copps is Magic »
I would have loved Freud, Jung to have been around today to texamine his specimen.

Its an ego having a protracted war with neural pathways.

I saw him a few days ago having a lucid conversation with a woman about Lyme's disease. He knew the cause, pathology, he almost seemed compassionate.

And then he stands on national TV discussing injecting disenfectant into the lungs.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 24, 2020, 11:10:24 am by SydneyRover »
Antone can send him a letter of ecouragement

https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/write-or-call/

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 24, 2020, 11:16:36 am by Copps is Magic »
The worst of it all... he will win the next election. The democrats have put forward a candidate who literally can not string two coherent sentences together and has a trail of sexual abuse claims behind him. Said it with Hilary and I will say it with Biden.

It truly is something to despair over.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on April 24, 2020, 11:18:16 am by SydneyRover »
That sounds the same as trump?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 24, 2020, 11:19:20 am by selby »
  According to a report today the States population is 330 million the equal of the Five of the  biggest Eu countries. The death rate from covid 19 is double that of the States according to them.
 Are they doing something right compared with Europe?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on April 24, 2020, 11:30:08 am by SydneyRover »
That's true selby, but it depends on how far along the journey each country has gone.

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

Have a look at this graph, click the linear scale on the bottom right and restart it on the bottomm left.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 24, 2020, 12:09:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  According to a report today the States population is 330 million the equal of the Five of the  biggest Eu countries. The death rate from covid 19 is double that of the States according to them.
 Are they doing something right compared with Europe?

Selby. No, they are not doing anything better than Europe. They are merely not as far advanced in their epidemic. Be very careful when you listen to people who are going to use this epidemic to score political points.

Below is a graph of how the daily death toll has evolved against the total number of deaths at any point in time. I've summed UK, Italy, France, Spain and Germany  which, put together, have about the same population as the USA. It's obvious that the two data sets are broadly equivalent. It's just that America has a lot further to go. Evidence of that? The European countries, collectively are doing more testing than the USA. Yesterday, they recorded 16,000 new cases. The USA recorded 32,000.

Both the USA and the big European countries are going to end up with somewhere between 100-200k deaths in this first wave. Neither side comes out of this well (other than Germany, which, like California in the USA, has done a stunning job and has lessons for the rest of us).

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 24, 2020, 12:33:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby

There IS one major difference between Western Europe's response to the crisis and America's.

In Western Europe, (including us, of course) there has been massive Govt support for jobs and businesses, which has meant that (so far) the increase in unemployment has been not catastrophic.

In America, there has been no such support. And unemployment has gone up from below 6 million to over 27 million.

Just read that again. Unemployment has gone up nearly 500%.

Yes, they have sent out $1,200 cheques to every worker, with Trump's name on them. But that doesn't come close to the furlough scheme that we have introduced throughout most of Western Europe.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 01:42:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 24, 2020, 12:40:50 pm by SydneyRover »
sorry bst have I questioned this, I'm well aware of the unemployment in the USA?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on April 24, 2020, 12:45:39 pm by selby »
  Syd, every death anywhere is a tragedy that leaves questions both personally and government wise could it have been avoided?
  Playing the blame game politically can only be done in hindsight, and only satisfies those who want to see certain conclusions and does nothing to alleviate  the suffering of the people who have got caught up with the virus.
  Lessons will be learnt, I hope mostly in the management area of the NHS. especially procurement where heads want to roll.
  Apart from Germany, in Europe most health systems in different countries look like they are going to come out of this with roughly the same numbers, concentrations of numbers in urbanisation's looking to me to be a big problem, and is born out in heat maps even in this country, so you could guess that public transport, entertainment centres, shopping centres, and large work places, which are centred mainly in towns and cities are the main areas of contamination.
    Yes as a country we could have been quicker to lock down, but how much blame can be on the population who that last weekend of freedom despite government advice threw caution to the wind like never before, and in many cases went to parts of the country they had never been before.
   I think the government and to an extent the opposition in their limited way have given a good lead, the weaknesses in the bureaucratic back up was always going to be exposed, and that is where changes have to be made, and the duffers got rid of. A lesson for the future and Brexit is that the two main parties are better working together than just flying away at right angles to each other to try and score Browny points.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on April 24, 2020, 12:47:19 pm by SydneyRover »
And why are you telling me selby? I think a good look in the mirror would be in order

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 24, 2020, 12:49:05 pm by MachoMadness »
The worst of it all... he will win the next election. The democrats have put forward a candidate who literally can not string two coherent sentences together and has a trail of sexual abuse claims behind him. Said it with Hilary and I will say it with Biden.

I agree. I don't see any way Trump loses, I really don't.

On a lighter (scarier?) note, in case anyone hasn't seen the Las Vegas mayor interview yet: https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1253323490356166663?s=20

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on April 24, 2020, 01:21:31 pm by Superspy »

I agree. I don't see any way Trump loses, I really don't.

On a lighter (scarier?) note, in case anyone hasn't seen the Las Vegas mayor interview yet: https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1253323490356166663?s=20

Good god.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on April 24, 2020, 01:28:08 pm by selby »
  Because you and others on here are on a political crusade Syd, and turn everything to show how right you are and how wrong others who don't agree are.
  I honestly think that the media having the same approach to the last election and Brexit just encouraged people to dig their heals in and turned them off, putting reams of stats and disrespecting people  and basically treating them as if they are idiots gets the same result. A big F*** off pill.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 24, 2020, 01:40:59 pm by SydneyRover »
I'm on the side of good politics, honest politics, progressive politics, whereas you have made some quite ourageous accusations about what you think others motives are and then pretend you're just fishing to cover your blushes and you have a jaundiced view of 'today's young people'

Whatever you think of others on here take it up with them not me. You voted for this shower and bragged about it, it's about time you owned it and stopped making excuses for them.

If you have a problem with any particular post I make please refer to it and I'll be happy to put you right or apologise if I'm wrong, the latter I don't if ever see from you, so don't presume to give me a lecture on what you think I think.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on April 24, 2020, 01:41:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
sorry bst have I questioned this, I'm well aware of the unemployment in the USA?

Sorry Sydney. That was an answer to Selby.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on April 24, 2020, 01:54:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Maybe I'm missing something about the US election, but I don't understand why people on the left think Trump is a shoo-in now Sanders has stepped down.

The Deomocrats need to win Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan or Florida plus one of those three. They are well ahead in the first three and neck and neck in Florida according to polls.

And straight Biden-vs-Trump polls have Biden well ahead nationally, and doing much, much better than Sanders did on the same polling question.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012