Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:51:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: An alternative view - corona virus  (Read 16648 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: An alternative view - corona virus
« Reply #240 on June 18, 2020, 03:02:03 pm by silent majority »
😂😂 What ever.
Just thought the clip kind of backed up what I was saying a few weeks back, as in, the numbers are/were being inflated.

But why though Nudga? This government is in the shit for the way its handled this crisis, we're in a massive economic downturn, so why would they inflate the figures? It doesn't make any sense.

And I should have also said, that if you are posting something like this it would be more understandable if the tweet came from somebody who had some credibility unlike the one you quoted.

And to address the content of the post, for me its really simple, if it looks like a dog, barks like a dog, and eats like a dog then its probably a dog, and testing it after its died wouldn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 03:06:41 pm by silent majority »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #241 on June 18, 2020, 11:03:50 pm by idler »
Whichever way you look at it tens of thousands have died that wouldn’t normally.
What explanation is there other than the virus?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on June 20, 2020, 08:33:32 am by sha66y »
Well done everyone for debating these issues, .... lots of stones turned, a few left unturned......

Plots, sub-plots, and lots and lots of stats eagerly provided to either direct or misdirect....

Many will cower in their homes mulling their own mortality in a world were 5ft apart might kill you but 7 is safer.....

And some will opt out, .... exempt themselves from the barrage of conflicting data being issued...

Well done To all that are believers and nonbelievers.....let’s see what miracles await us in the near future

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #243 on June 20, 2020, 11:34:25 am by BigH »
Interesting how the government seems to be sidelining SAGE in favour of the new Joint Biosecurity Centre.

From the Institute for Government's website:

The government has not said that the JBC will replace SAGE, but from the information available we can expect that the new centre will have a more active role in advising ministers than SAGE. SAGE co-ordinates and presents scientific advice to decision-makers in government. The JBC will make specific recommendations on action the government might take to deal with disease outbreaks. It sits within the NHS Test and Trace service in the Department of Health and Social Care led by Dido Harding.

The government has also said that it will consider whether the JBC should form part of an extended and ongoing infrastructure to address biosecurity threats. SAGE is an ad hoc grouping with a changing membership to deal with a wide variety of emergencies.

A good thing or a bad thing?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on June 20, 2020, 12:07:29 pm by silent majority »
Interesting how the government seems to be sidelining SAGE in favour of the new Joint Biosecurity Centre.

The government has not said that the JBC will replace SAGE, but from the information available we can expect that the new centre will have a more active role in advising ministers than SAGE. SAGE co-ordinates and presents scientific advice to decision-makers in government. The JBC will make specific recommendations on action the government might take to deal with disease outbreaks. It sits within the NHS Test and Trace service in the Department of Health and Social Care led by Dido Harding.

The government has also said that it will consider whether the JBC should form part of an extended and ongoing infrastructure to address biosecurity threats. SAGE is an ad hoc grouping with a changing membership to deal with a wide variety of emergencies.

On the face of it it seems sensible.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on June 20, 2020, 04:43:56 pm by Nudga »
😂😂 What ever.
Just thought the clip kind of backed up what I was saying a few weeks back, as in, the numbers are/were being inflated.

But why though Nudga? This government is in the shit for the way its handled this crisis, we're in a massive economic downturn, so why would they inflate the figures? It doesn't make any sense.

And I should have also said, that if you are posting something like this it would be more understandable if the tweet came from somebody who had some credibility unlike the one you quoted.

And to address the content of the post, for me its really simple, if it looks like a dog, barks like a dog, and eats like a dog then its probably a dog, and testing it after its died wouldn't make any sense.

Martin, listen to the clip. It doesn't matter one single bit who retweeted it as its from a daily briefing from Vallance on the BBC.

Yes the government are in the shit and making a shit job of it.
Do you think that they care? Not one apology over anything they've lied about, not one.
But it has become clear that some at the top table are lining there own pockets, they all have a conflict of interest somewhere along the line.

The spike in deaths will probably be attributed to cancer patients, patients with heart disease etc dying earlier in the year because of a lack of treatment and some will have succumbed to the virus because they were extremely weak anyway.
Karol Sikora is suggesting this also, he's very worried that there is going be a very high number of people dying of cancer for the rest of the year due to not having operations and getting treatment.
Bear in mind, hospitals are not busy either.
Then lump in the fact that a high percentage died in care homes, again, frail old people that weren't shielded properly and others shunted from hospitals into care homes.

I don't just get bits of info from twitter either.

And for your last analogy, if it looks like cancer, feels like cancer, smells like cancer then it's probably cv19.

Refer back to what Vallance said.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on June 20, 2020, 05:40:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga.

The question remains.

Why?

In every country in the world.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on June 20, 2020, 06:13:44 pm by wilts rover »

Yes, I am now more convinced that the government is doing the right thing and getting the correct public health advice now that it will be taking its advice from people seconded from GCQH and lead by a 'senior spy'.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on June 20, 2020, 06:16:41 pm by Nudga »
I don't know, I'm not privvy to that information.

My hunch is that money and power are behind it.

Big tech firms , big pharmaceutical firms will all cash in on this as well corrupt government officials.

There's talk of vaccines being ready in September, that is bloody quick don't you think.

There were huge conferences and meetings in 2019 about pandemics and vaccinating the world.
Great foresight.

As for economies, it's easy to magic billions of money (we were told once that there wasn't a magic money tree) from somewhere.
And debt is good, but not for foot soldiers like you and me as its us, our kids and their kids who will pay for it.

Either that, or crash the world economy and press the reset button and grow new magic money trees.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on June 20, 2020, 06:41:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga.

1) Your approach, as I've said before, requires every PM, every medic, every scientific adviser and every coroner IN THE WORLD to be in on the conspiracy. Don't you think that strains credibility?

2) Pandemics and vaccination. We'd previously had two near-miss pandemics in the 2000s. SARS in 2002 and Swine Flu in 2009-10. We know what pandemics can do. The Spanish Flu killed about 1 person in every 40 in the world a hundred years ago. Scientists and responsible Governments would have been criminally negligent not to be planning how to address the inevitable next pandemic, that was always coming.

3) Magic money tree. I'm with you there. There was ALWAYS the means for us to spend more on public services. Always. It was a POLITICAL trick by the Tories to refuse to do so under the Austerity argument. It was economic madness.

They've had to spend now because of the scale of the emergency. That is THE biggest reason why this absolutely is NOT a conspiracy. The last thing this lot want to do is increase Govt debt. It goes against every nerve and fibre of their existence.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on June 20, 2020, 06:59:40 pm by Nudga »
Yep, I hear what you're saying and I respect your view and I agree that my thoughts are quite extreme.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on June 21, 2020, 05:39:08 pm by Nudga »

Apparently the government were being forced into publishing the minutes for SAGE.

https://twitter.com/simondolan/status/1274731545568382976?s=19

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #252 on June 21, 2020, 07:24:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I just love this one from possibly the most ignorantly opinionated journalists at any of the broadsheet papers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/allisonpearson/status/1274744296965537794

Two thoughts.

1) There are 68 million people in the country. The number who took part in VE Day celebrations, or went to the beach in the heatwave, or went on protests is a tiny fraction of that. Anyone expecting those activities to leads to a rise like March has lost the right to be talked to like a grown up.

2) Social distancing doesn't work? Err...I  wonder what that change in the curve in early April was due to then? You reckon the virus just took pity on us?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on June 21, 2020, 07:28:23 pm by drfchound »
I just love this one from possibly the most ignorantly opinionated journalists at any of the broadsheet papers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/allisonpearson/status/1274744296965537794

Two thoughts.

1) There are 68 million people in the country. The number who took part in VE Day celebrations, or went to the beach in the heatwave, or went on protests is a tiny fraction of that. Anyone expecting those activities to leads to a rise like March has lost the right to be talked to like a grown up.

2) Social distancing doesn't work? Err...I  wonder what that change in the curve in early April was due to then? You reckon the virus just took pity on us?

BST, on your point one above, there was lots of reference on this very forum to those people and plenty suggested that we would see a spike in infections as a result.
I suppose that those posts were not discredited because they weren’t by a journalist that you don’t like?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on June 21, 2020, 07:36:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound. If you want to pay me to go full time at this, I'd be happy to respond to every post and fully fact check every one of mine. Let me know.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on June 21, 2020, 07:39:00 pm by drfchound »
Why are you saying that?
You spend as much time on this forum as anyone, probably more than most.
Are you saying that you didn’t see any posts about what I mentioned above?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #256 on June 21, 2020, 07:46:54 pm by albie »
Nudga,

Your old pal Sikora has a bit of previous, and is being called out by others in the health debate;
https://twitter.com/drbenwhite/status/1274645903056539648

Just saying, like!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on June 21, 2020, 07:55:51 pm by Nudga »
Nudga,

Your old pal Sikora has a bit of previous, and is being called out by others in the health debate;

Just saying, like!

Yeah, looks like he's in a different boat in the same lake as other dodgy medical proffesionals.
W. H. O can you trust nowadays?

#justsayin

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on June 21, 2020, 10:43:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga,

Just saying, like!

Yeah, looks like he's in a different boat in the same lake as other dodgy medical proffesionals.
W. H. O can you trust nowadays?

#justsayin

I'd suggest you trust the ones who said back in early February that, unmitigated, the number of infected cases would double every 4-5 days (it was actually every 3-4, but close) and the infection fatality rate would be about 1-2% (1% is looking very much like it).

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #259 on June 30, 2020, 04:37:08 pm by sha66y »
Too many humans using too much resource..... “Acceptable attrition “ can and should solve the problem.....there doesn’t need to be a conspiracy regarding these little pandemics, the real issue is sustaining life beyond this century if we can escape global conflicts....( the tit for tats are happening ) .......

Justsaying

TinyPortal © 2005-2012