Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:18:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 92125 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #120 on May 28, 2020, 09:42:11 am by selby »
  Sydney, is the reason you are coming back here your neighbours? what's your nick name down there Johnny no mates the Brit? god help Sprotborough.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on May 28, 2020, 09:45:49 am by SydneyRover »
Got it one selby  :)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on May 28, 2020, 11:31:33 am by selby »
  It looks like Nissan are keeping the Suderland factory open and shutting the one in Barcelona and are considering moving some Renault models there under their joint agreement and restructuring. I wonder why?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on May 28, 2020, 11:35:05 am by Ldr »
  It looks like Nissan are keeping the Suderland factory open and shutting the one in Barcelona and are considering moving some Renault models there under their joint agreement and restructuring. I wonder why?

Surprised Foxbat hasnt mentioned it....

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on May 28, 2020, 11:46:14 am by SydneyRover »
I'm sure Foxbat will be as pleased as everyone is, you'd have to be a bit of a sad f**k not to be.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on May 28, 2020, 12:13:43 pm by Axholme Lion »

I thought Brexit was supposed to be the end of all foreign companies investing in the UK?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on May 28, 2020, 12:24:42 pm by SydneyRover »
Nissan backs UK plant as it unveils survival plan

''Nissan's UK factory in Sunderland will stay open as the Japanese carmaker carries out a global restructuring amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It will close its factory in Barcelona with the loss of about 2,800 jobs after the firm plunged to a $6.2bn (£5bn) net loss in the last financial year.

Nissan is cutting production and car models after sales fell before and during the Covid-19 outbreak.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52829348

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on May 28, 2020, 12:36:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
2,800 jobs lost because of Brexit. Yay.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on May 28, 2020, 01:04:26 pm by selby »
  Donny, it has nothing to do with Brexit, the Sunderland plant is one of the most productive in the Nissan company, I feel just as bad for the people in Barcelona that will lose their jobs.
  It is not a nice world at the moment whichever country you live in.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on May 28, 2020, 03:23:58 pm by selby »
  IDM, the government are hell bent on getting out to finally stop the fraud that has been the remain campaign. A campaign that had the government the treasury and their lie project fear propaganda machine, most of the media and most of parliament on their side.
  They had American Presidents, former prime ministers, The IMF, The OECD, and they spent significantly more money than the leave campaign including a circular to every house in the UK, and the senior representatives of the EU at every opportunity referring to the matter when they should not have made comments on our vote.
   If the referendum was a fraud it was because it was never conducted on a level playing field, if it had been leave would have won by a minimum of 10%.
   Since then we have had votes in parliament to ratify the decision backed by the majority of MP's, and Two elections with Brexit the main subject.
  Luminaries you say you trust like Starmer have set up meetings with  leaders of the EU, and quite openly have tried at every opportunity to overturn  all those legal votes by the electorate and parliament.
  Those are some of the reasons they want to get it done, another is not to fall into the trap of having to chip in to save the southern states although their bond idea is meeting stiffer opposition than France Spain and Italy thought it would.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on May 28, 2020, 03:26:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
But no doubt you'd have let Leave keep spraying their lies everywhere to 'level the playing field', no?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on May 28, 2020, 03:42:38 pm by selby »
Glyn, you just keep calling the pot a kettle if that is the only thing you can think of to overcome a democratic vote.
   If you can't accept that that lot told just as many untruths as the leave campaign you deserve to keep being on the losing side time after time.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on May 28, 2020, 03:44:24 pm by wilts rover »

I thought Brexit was supposed to be the end of all foreign companies investing in the UK?

And I thought German car companies would come riding to our rescue?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on May 28, 2020, 03:46:17 pm by IDM »
  IDM, the government are hell bent on getting out to finally stop the fraud that has been the remain campaign. A campaign that had the government the treasury and their lie project fear propaganda machine, most of the media and most of parliament on their side.
  They had American Presidents, former prime ministers, The IMF, The OECD, and they spent significantly more money than the leave campaign including a circular to every house in the UK, and the senior representatives of the EU at every opportunity referring to the matter when they should not have made comments on our vote.
   If the referendum was a fraud it was because it was never conducted on a level playing field, if it had been leave would have won by a minimum of 10%.
   Since then we have had votes in parliament to ratify the decision backed by the majority of MP's, and Two elections with Brexit the main subject.
  Luminaries you say you trust like Starmer have set up meetings with  leaders of the EU, and quite openly have tried at every opportunity to overturn  all those legal votes by the electorate and parliament.
  Those are some of the reasons they want to get it done, another is not to fall into the trap of having to chip in to save the southern states although their bond idea is meeting stiffer opposition than France Spain and Italy thought it would.

Eh.?

Why are you addressing this to me.?

Not really sure what you are trying to say in that post, but in case you missed it, brexit happened on 31 Jan this year.

The rest is just negotiating the trade deals. The point at hand is that the timescale to do this could be sensibly extended.

What goes into those deals would be a different debate, as are the who said what on both sides leading up the the referendum.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on May 28, 2020, 05:21:14 pm by selby »
  Glyn, you and a lot of remainers have always put up the theory that the leave campaign only won the argument because of lies told, while I maintain the the remain campaign was just as culpable.
  Question, would you have accepted the remain campaign being more divisive and dirty if it had returned the result you desired?
  It would have been hard pushed to be so by the way despite popular opinion.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on May 29, 2020, 09:29:53 pm by tyke1962 »
This is going to go down well amongst SOME new Tory voters ............  :aok:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/29/three-million-hong-kong-residents-eligible-for-uk-citizenship

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on May 30, 2020, 12:33:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Do you remember the British Nationality Act in 1981, passed under Thatcher?

It was passed to re-define the status of citizens of Crown Colonies and Dependencies. It's primary effect was to deny British Citizenship to 3 million Hong Kong citizens, because the UK Govt had just started negotiations with China about handing HK back and there was a fear that they'd come over 'ere...

A little noticed secondary effect at the time was to deny UK citizenship to the inhabitants of the Falkland Islanders...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on May 30, 2020, 11:33:12 pm by selby »
  Things not looking too good over in the EU as far as unity is concerned

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on May 30, 2020, 11:40:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

Why do you want the EU to fail? Why do you take pleasure in the other side losing?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on May 31, 2020, 12:38:59 am by Glyn_Wigley »
  Things not looking too good over in the EU as far as unity is concerned

Whereas here in Britain it's a shining beacon of unity!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on May 31, 2020, 12:54:03 am by bpoolrover »
Selby.

Why do you want the EU to fail? Why do you take pleasure in the other side losing?
i hope that is said in jest lol, how many on here want the tories to fail so labour can get in power?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on May 31, 2020, 04:58:41 am by SydneyRover »
Selby.

i hope that is said in jest lol, how many on here want the tories to fail so labour can get in power?

But most I think wouldn't just want to swap a totally dishonest criminal bunch of thugs for another party just the same and the electorate has shown that they don't but what has been shown is that there is a solid core of conservative voters that will accept any amount of lies and dishonesty and use their influence, power and money to denigrate and lie about what others do to claim enough votes to get in.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on May 31, 2020, 06:40:15 am by Donnywolf »
Selby.

I want the Government to finally get right their response to thiis virus and govern and I have said (check my posts) that "it" would have been ridiculously difficult even if we had had a Govt of National Unity

After that I want them to fail spectacularly NOT just so Labour get in power but so the Tories (current crop of them) are exposed as the least competent set of Politicians I have lived with since (as I have said previously) I started voting in 1970 ish

They are morally corrupt they lie constantly and most annoying are quite the worst individuals when it comes to competance at what they are supposed to be doing

Personally as again I have said many times I dont care if Labour are in power or (some better)  Tories but I would prefer a PR Elected Government to cut down the extremism either way.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on May 31, 2020, 08:52:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Selby.

Probably about as many that revelled in labour losing the last election.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on May 31, 2020, 09:09:05 am by IDM »
Selby.

I want the Government to finally get right their response to thiis virus and govern and I have said (check my posts) that "it" would have been ridiculously difficult even if we had had a Govt of National Unity

After that I want them to fail spectacularly NOT just so Labour get in power but so the Tories (current crop of them) are exposed as the least competent set of Politicians I have lived with since (as I have said previously) I started voting in 1970 ish

They are morally corrupt they lie constantly and most annoying are quite the worst individuals when it comes to competance at what they are supposed to be doing

Personally as again I have said many times I dont care if Labour are in power or (some better)  Tories but I would prefer a PR Elected Government to cut down the extremism either way.

Spot on.. disliking one lot doesn’t mean you automatically favour the others..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on May 31, 2020, 09:37:11 am by selby »
 I don't  really personally want the EU to fail, but do think that eventually it will do and future History will prove us right to get out when we did and benefit from doing so. Does that satisfy you Billy?
  I notice that Glynn nor anyone else who have banged the drum on the leavers campaign being fronted with divisive lies have failed to give an opinion on whether they would have accepted the remain campaign being what they thought was comparable if it had resulted in them winning in 2016.
  As I said it would have been hard for them to do so, they were just as bad in their campaign , but somehow gained the moral high ground, when they peddled a load of B******S by  luminaries with projections of instant failure that proved false within days.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on May 31, 2020, 09:44:29 am by SydneyRover »
We're having part of your post examined and interpreted (translated of course) into english selby

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on May 31, 2020, 09:55:13 am by selby »
I will simplify it for you then SYD, if the remain leaders had used a comparable publicity stunt like the Farage poster, and the other dirty tricks or a comparable pointer like the  Bus statement, would you have been happy for them to do so to win the referendum and do what you have to do to win by any means.
  I personally with campaign fear and a load of total lies think they did so, a different way but as bad and a losers way.
  What do you think?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on May 31, 2020, 09:58:25 am by SydneyRover »
No

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on May 31, 2020, 10:10:32 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I will simplify it for you then SYD, if the remain leaders had used a comparable publicity stunt like the Farage poster, and the other dirty tricks or a comparable pointer like the  Bus statement, would you have been happy for them to do so to win the referendum and do what you have to do to win by any means.
  I personally with campaign fear and a load of total lies think they did so, a different way but as bad and a losers way.
  What do you think?

No, but then Remainers didn't use despicable posters like Farage's or a bus plastered with lies, did they?

PS Of course the EU will eventually fall and be replaced with something else. It happened to the Roman Empire, the Mongol Empire, the British Empire and the Soviet Union. What's your prediction for how long it will take for it to happen to the EU?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012