Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:03:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donkeygate  (Read 3565 times)

foxbat

• VSC Member
Donkeygate
« on May 17, 2020, 03:56:53 pm by foxbat »
Smart, self-made man buys field 24 years ago, so disabled mum can use it as a donkey sanctuary.

Boris Johnson- Serial Adulterer Doesn't know how many kids he has
Sacked for lying .
Sacked for adultery  - "brave hard working PM"   (pause for laughter )

Keir Starmer- Buys donkey field for mum- "traitor unfit to lead"
Don't buy the Daily Heil

Donate to the @DonkeySanctuary instead

If only Donkeys were allowed to vote a Government into power. Oh sorry.....they already did!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Donkeygate
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2020, 07:09:55 pm by scawsby steve »
Smart, self-made man buys field 24 years ago, so disabled mum can use it as a donkey sanctuary.

Sacked for lying .

Don't buy the Daily Heil

If only Donkeys were allowed to vote a Government into power. Oh sorry.....they already did!

So you're calling working class people in the North East donkeys?

Shameful.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2020, 07:37:56 pm by Not Now Kato »

Sacked for lying .

Don't buy the Daily Heil

Shameful.

No, I suspect he's calling the Brain Dead of Britain donkeys for voting this shower of  :turd: into government.  Were you one of them perchance?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 17, 2020, 07:46:47 pm by Ldr »
How to win friends and influence ppl eh NNK?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2020, 07:48:28 pm by Draytonian III »
Boris and his mates got in with ease because the other option was comrade Corbyn and he is a total tool, didn’t his brother get into trouble yesterday ?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 17, 2020, 07:51:42 pm by Ldr »
There lies the problem, to win an election you have to appeal to the masses, not focus on the ones who will vote for you whatever happens. From a centre right view point I am a lot more open to a party led by starmer than his predecessor

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2020, 07:59:30 pm by scawsby steve »

Sacked for lying .

Don't buy the Daily Heil

Shameful.

No, I suspect he's calling the Brain Dead of Britain donkeys for voting this shower of  :turd: into government.  Were you one of them perchance?

That f*cking rubbish post just sums you up Kato. I've said on here umpteen times that as an ex-miner I could never vote Tory, but you obviously only read posts from people you agree with.

I've also said umpteen times that I've no political allegiances to any party, which is why I can think clearly and objectively, unlike people like you that are partisan and blinkered.

Also, it seems you're not content with calling good working class people in the North East donkeys, you're saying they're brain dead as well.

Well done, I bet you're proud of yourself.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 17, 2020, 08:01:57 pm by BigH »
Corbyn - and the cabal he appointed - were as culpable as anyone for handing the 2019 election to this administration. On a plate.

A donkey if ever there was one.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 17, 2020, 08:10:11 pm by Jonathan »
This tweet felt like it hit the point:

“At least Keir Starmer put his donkeys in a field, not in the cabinet.”

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 17, 2020, 08:12:10 pm by IDM »
Is it only me who read the last statement in the OP as a bit tongue in cheek.?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 17, 2020, 08:15:49 pm by Ldr »

I didnt read it that way

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 17, 2020, 08:16:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
There lies the problem, to win an election you have to appeal to the masses, not focus on the ones who will vote for you whatever happens. From a centre right view point I am a lot more open to a party led by starmer than his predecessor

They both want the UK to be a social democracy and would enact similar policies. Out of interest what do you see the difference in the two?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 17, 2020, 08:19:08 pm by Ldr »

They both want the UK to be a social democracy and would enact similar policies. Out of interest what do you see the difference in the two?

Image and perception, Starmer comes across as a competent politician, Corbyn came across as a overgrown student revolutionary, think Rik from the young ones. Image and perception are key in elections

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 17, 2020, 08:24:30 pm by drfchound »

I didnt read it that way

Nope, I didn’t either.

This forum is becoming more toxic as each week goes by.

There are obviously many Labour supporters who post on here and some of the more left wing and most  vocal amongst them want to ridicule anyone who didn’t vote for Labour.

It isnt a particularly pleasant place to visit anymore.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 17, 2020, 08:28:40 pm by Ldr »
As I alluded to last week hound, you dont get ppl to turn to your way of thinking by calling them thick

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 17, 2020, 08:29:25 pm by wilts rover »
This tweet felt like it hit the point:

“At least Keir Starmer put his donkeys in a field, not in the cabinet.”

I preferred a slight variation on that.

'Now we know that the leader of the Labour Party think that knackered old donkeys should be looked after. And the leader of the Tory Party thinks they should be running the country'.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 17, 2020, 08:32:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I didnt read it that way
Nope, I didn’t either.

There are obviously many Labour supporters who post on here and some of the more left wing and most  vocal amongst them want to ridicule anyone who didn’t vote for Labour.

I think some people see how inept the current government are, how many deaths could have been stopped in an alternate reality and convey that on the forum. Some people have long said how Boris wouldn't be a good PM and austerity will cost lives and they're just frustrated now. Perhaps people do need to take a few extra seconds and show more respect to the other side.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 17, 2020, 08:38:39 pm by drfchound »

I didnt read it that way
Nope, I didn’t either.

I think some people see how inept the current government are, how many deaths could have been stopped in an alternate reality and convey that on the forum. Some people have long said how Boris wouldn't be a good PM and austerity will cost lives and they're just frustrated now. Perhaps people do need to take a few extra seconds and show more respect to the other side.

DO, people are welcome to have that opinion.
Do they really need to try to put down other posters who didn’t vote Labour on virtually every off topic thread.
Over the last few weeks in is becoming worse.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 17, 2020, 08:39:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
On the topic of the actual thread. Hopefully papers such as The Mail and The Sun die out. They've unsurprisingly completely flipped a non-story of the current Labour leader years ago buying field for his mother so she could keep rescued donkeys in it.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 17, 2020, 08:40:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I didnt read it that way
Nope, I didn’t either.

Do they really need to try to put down other posters who didn’t vote Labour on virtually every off topic thread.

Like I said. Frustrations due to current government policies against coronavirus have probably built resentment towards those who voted in the current government.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 17, 2020, 08:44:14 pm by drfchound »

I didnt read it that way
Nope, I didn’t either.

Like I said. Frustrations due to current government policies against coronavirus have probably built resentment towards those who voted in the current government.

But isn’t that always the case.
Whoever is in power will always have the Opposition pulling them down.
Those people who voted the Torys in (with a massive majority by the way) may not think the same way that you do.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 17, 2020, 09:53:48 pm by IDM »

I didnt read it that way

Nope, I didn’t either.

It seems to me there are three types of folks who vote.  Those who genuinely believe in the policies and the parties they vote for; those who vote tactically ie against someone/something they don’t like; and those who’s vote is swayed positively or negatively by headlines (like the one leading to this thread) or by trends on social media whether they are true or rumour or outright lies.

I believe it is the latter set who the disparaging remarks are aimed at - rather than at everyone who voted for your opponent.  Those sort of voting choices frustrate me no end and I do believe that some polls are badly effected by that and deflect from the issues at hand.

Doesn’t mean everyone who votes against your party should be tarred with the same brush.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:11:56 pm by IDM »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 17, 2020, 10:06:15 pm by selby »
  Typical of the elitist so called educated lefties who see themselves as better than everyone else and insult people on age as well as intelligence and don't realise why they keep losing elections.
  The labour party became built in their own image, and like them became elitist and aloof and far from the party I knew, voted for and canvased for in my younger days.
   Now it just represents a party of losers, or is that elite losers.
  Starmer is not the problem it is his party members  and supporters that is the problem.
   I thought the op was about the Doncaster Council when I read the heading.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 17, 2020, 10:14:09 pm by Filo »
  Typical of the elitist so called educated lefties who see themselves as better than everyone else and insult people on age as well as intelligence and don't realise why they keep losing elections.
  The labour party became built in their own image, and like them became elitist and aloof and far from the party I knew, voted for and canvased for in my younger days.
  Starmer is not the problem it is his party members  and supporters that is the problem.

Thats about the sum of your comments, constantly calling people losers but never offering substance

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 17, 2020, 10:16:08 pm by Not Now Kato »
Ah, the power of the right wing media and people who are incapable of thinking for themselves!

Tell me, those of you who voted Tory, why do you think a proven inveterate liar is a good leader of this country!  Just one good, honest, reason - and knocking anyone in the opposition is NOT a good reason, that's pampering to what you read in the Mail etc!  What credentials has Johnson got in your eyes?

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 17, 2020, 10:16:23 pm by drfcdrfc »

With the shit you spout, are you for f**king real?

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 17, 2020, 10:18:14 pm by drfcdrfc »
Ah, the power of the right wing media and people who are incapable of thinking for themselves!

Tell me, those of you who voted Tory, why do you think a proven inveterate liar is a good leader of this country!  Just one good, honest, reason - and knocking anyone in the opposition is NOT a good reason, that's pampering to what you read in the Mail etc!  What credentials has Johnson got in your eyes?

Prepare to be ignored!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 17, 2020, 10:43:16 pm by drfchound »

Prepare to be ignored!

I didn’t vote Tory but I will respond to NNK.
You are doing what I suggested earlier in the thread, by saying that people who voted Tory are not capable of thinking for themselves.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 17, 2020, 10:44:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

For some who continually spouts the first line of this as much as possible, you don't half like telling people you know something better than them.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 18, 2020, 07:15:00 am by Not Now Kato »

Prepare to be ignored!

I didn’t vote Tory but I will respond to NNK.
You are doing what I suggested earlier in the thread, by saying that people who voted Tory are not capable of thinking for themselves.

I didn't say that hound. But I know quite a few people who do fall into that category.  I've mentioned this before,  but I have one very good friend who, when we disagree about something, falls back on "my paper says" as the foundation of his argument; his paper being the Mail of course.

Look how often sections of lead articles are 'tweaked', tweeted and re-tweeted, without checking or foundation; and note from which newspapers.

And when you hear the soundbites being repeated over and over again, (project Leave anyone?), it's quite clear where they get them from; and a clear indication of lack of thought.  And is why, even today, non thinking leavers are unable to come up with a solid reason based on fact, not on hope, how we will be better off financially when we leave the EU.

Manipulating people has become a science, yet people appear to be happy to go along with it and not challenge it!

But thank you for responding.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012