Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:30:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 5339 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #30 on May 23, 2020, 12:51:40 pm by godlike1 »
I agree with that Godlike

I just think that we and other clubs go on about development of you players and putting them into the first team squad but it doesn’t seem to work

Every time a so called player comes through they very rarely seem to make it

Apart from Crewe who do it on a regular basis I’d be very surprised if there were 50 players in the top 4 divisions who have come through the youth ranks into the first team

It’s such a shame that it doesn’t work. 

Do they need to start looking at a different model then?

Is it bayern Munich who constantly deliver quality from their youth ranks?

Any good business should always review its processes and adapt them to try and improve them. In fairness the change in management will instigate that to some degree and DM has only just started so hopefully this will have a positive effect

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 24, 2020, 03:04:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Does Darren Moore get much of a say in who's offered what? Could he say for example Sadlier is worth over stretching the budget because of x y z if needs be I'll get rid of so and so. Or whatever he needs to do. Or is it I want these players to stay now Mr chairman board etc over to you.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 24, 2020, 03:12:51 pm by RoversAlias »
Does Darren Moore get much of a say in who's offered what? Could he say for example Sadlier is worth over stretching the budget because of x y z if needs be I'll get rid of so and so. Or whatever he needs to do. Or is it I want these players to stay now Mr chairman board etc over to you.

I'd say, if we believe what Grant McCann said before he left last summer (another debate, I know) about how the club offered some players (was it Danny Andrew?) more than he felt they were actually worth, it is probably the case that the manager has an input but not the final say and that the actual negotiations are done between Gavin Baldwin and the player/agent.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 25, 2020, 10:35:41 am by phil old leake »
The manager has to have some input. 

The club must speak to him to see who he wants and who he wants to go

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 25, 2020, 10:50:06 am by selby »
  I can remember a reply from the club when asked a similar question previously, and the answer was the management team identified the talent they want and in conjunction with the CEO conducted negotiations with players wanted.
  The identification of the playing staff is solely the responsibility of the  management team supported by a scouting and analytical team based at Cantley.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 25, 2020, 10:54:47 am by silent majority »

He has a say, of course he does. As does our new recruitment manager. But ultimately the negotiations will be carried out by Gavin and David Blunt.

Its a balance of course, you have to use common sense when divvying up the budget. Some players are allowed to leave when their valuation of what they think they're worth exceeds the clubs valuation. Its happened before and it'll happen again.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 25, 2020, 10:55:41 am by silent majority »
  I can remember a reply from the club when asked a similar question previously, and the answer was the management team identified the talent they want and in conjunction with the CEO conducted negotiations with players wanted.
  The identification of the playing staff is solely the responsibility of the  management team supported by a scouting and analytical team based at Cantley.

Exactly right selby.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012