Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:01:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: First Azuma train naming poll was lost by LNER. Please vote again. New link  (Read 1368 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Done, again.
I notice that this time there is also a question to stop spam. I wonder if someone somewhere did some block entries?

IDM

• VSC Member
Done, apologies if I have unwittingly stolen anyone’s idea, I went for “John Ryan’s Express”

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Just the simple Doncaster Rover would be fitting.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
Perhaps the name 'Doncaster' might be more suitable? Simply celebrating the town itself and its rail heritage. I know Rovers is part of that history but a more general name might be better.

IDM

• VSC Member
Passengers might get confused if/when “Doncaster” doesn’t actually stop at the town station!

drfchound

• Forum Member
Done, apologies if I have unwittingly stolen anyone’s idea, I went for “John Ryan’s Express”

I like that idea IDM.
There will be some who don’t though I guess.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Done again!

redwine

• Forum Member
I've sent in my suggestion... Dominic Cummings. The only problem being It will only go as far as Durham.

IDM

• VSC Member
I've sent in my suggestion... Dominic Cummings. The only problem being It will only go as far as Durham.

And back to London, then back to Durham..

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
Done- I thought we agreed on Doncaster Rovers like the steam train? Thew more we dilute ideas the less chance surely??

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Yes - so did I and maybe it will dilute the attempts to get Doncaster Rovers as THE name

One great coincidence that I pointed out last time and kept in this time

61657 Doncaster Rovers was built at Darlington (in the much in the news Co.Durham) and the Azuma was built at Newton Aycliffe (also in the much in the news Co.Durham)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012