Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:52:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Squad of 20  (Read 4289 times)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: Squad of 20
« Reply #30 on May 22, 2020, 10:10:23 am by DRNaith »
A lot of pro footballers may not be pro footballers for much longer.

Yep. Not sure if this ruling affects the Championship or just L1 and L2 but you'd probably see the quality of players filter down the leagues as teams wont keep hold of 25+ players. There'll be a lot going down into non-league.

...and I think that after we see the players go down, we'll some unusual teams come up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 22, 2020, 09:24:53 pm by drfchound »
Dint we introduce a wage cap a couple of years ago

It was just before McCann moved on.

We've had a wage cap for a number of years, but I think it was mentioned prior to McCann moving on because certain people wanted to discredit the club for their own benefit. If you remember DF did the same before he 'moved' on.

I think I must have missed this.
Could you tell us when we first introduced a wage cap, and also when it was first publicly announced?

Who said it was publicly announced?

......and yet players such as a Tommy Rowe were allegedly on big wages which was touted around as being one of the reasons that McCann didn’t offer him a new contract.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 23, 2020, 10:11:41 am by silent majority »
Dint we introduce a wage cap a couple of years ago

It was just before McCann moved on.

We've had a wage cap for a number of years, but I think it was mentioned prior to McCann moving on because certain people wanted to discredit the club for their own benefit. If you remember DF did the same before he 'moved' on.

I think I must have missed this.
Could you tell us when we first introduced a wage cap, and also when it was first publicly announced?

Who said it was publicly announced?

......and yet players such as a Tommy Rowe were allegedly on big wages which was touted around as being one of the reasons that McCann didn’t offer him a new contract.

I fail to see the relevance to the point I've made.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 23, 2020, 12:06:56 pm by phil old leake »
One issue I can see with squad limitations is for example you are limited to a squad of 20

Suddenly a youth player comes through like W Rooney at Everton. Do the club then have to wait until the following season to bring him through or drop a player from the original 20 to allow him to play
Or would home grown players be exempt

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 23, 2020, 12:16:43 pm by NickDRFC »
One issue I can see with squad limitations is for example you are limited to a squad of 20

Suddenly a youth player comes through like W Rooney at Everton. Do the club then have to wait until the following season to bring him through or drop a player from the original 20 to allow him to play
Or would home grown players be exempt

I think that it will be absolutely fine to use youth teamers. Realistically a club is going to have injuries and suspensions at various points - any more than 2 and you’re not able to put out a full bench if you can’t draft in YT players. In the PL at the moment you have to name a squad at 25 but you can use youth team players outside that squad at any point I believe.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 24, 2020, 12:24:35 pm by Alan Southstand »
Some Clubs will find it very difficult to complete all their fixtures, if the maximum squad number is limited to 20.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012