Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:02:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Johnson MASSIVE U turn  (Read 2330 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Johnson MASSIVE U turn
« Reply #30 on May 22, 2020, 12:29:54 am by tyke1962 »
We've had an era where populist clowns have risen to the top.

But when the are faced with the shit that the real world throws at them, we see the consequences.

I'd like to think that the coming era will be one where sober, careful competence is valued above vacuous tub thumping. And I'd like to see that on both sides of the political spectrum, which is why I've been impressed by Sunak.

A future in which Sunak faced Starmer and the electorate was faced with a choice between two different, but competent and rational visions would be a massive improvement on what we have experienced lately.

Sunak is a worry but the Tories don't half feck around before they make the change and I don't envisage Johnson going quietly either which will spin it out even further .

What have the Tories got to offer this country in four years time with the economic Armageddon hitting well and truly home ? .

The Populist's are fine until they have the job of reality and running a country as you say .

The current characters aren't actually real Tories , somewhere between UKIP and the BNP would be my estimation .

This lot aren't clever enough to be real Tories , the Labour equivalent of Derek Hatton running the country .

Trump getting walloped in November would greatly help and looking at the polls over there that's looking likely .

Cart the fecker straight out of the White House in handcuffs and to the state penitentiary and that's the head off the monster .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 22, 2020, 07:10:17 am by Donnywolf »
Well said Tyke - in every post on this thread.

Its true - and as I have said a few times I think the current crop of Cabinet Ministers are absolutely the worst I have lived under (ability wise) since I started voting in around 1970

Hopelessy exposed all of them - especially if they dont have a message like "stay alert" to use every sentence

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 22, 2020, 10:56:43 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Well said Tyke - in every post on this thread.

Its true - and as I have said a few times I think the current crop of Cabinet Ministers are absolutely the worst I have lived under (ability wise) since I started voting in around 1970

Hopelessy exposed all of them - especially if they dont have a message like "stay alert" to use every sentence

Spitting Image can't come back quick enough for me. That'd really show them up for what they are.

PS - back on the topic of this thread - is it true that as well as a tracking app, they're also having to develop a backtracking app just for Boris?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 10:58:44 am by Glyn_Wigley »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 22, 2020, 11:06:43 am by SydneyRover »
This really takes the biscuit

''Professor Yvonne Doyle told the Commons Science and Technology Committee that mass contact tracing was stopped in March “because of the sheer scale of cases in the UK.”''

Not because there were not enough trained track and trace people to handle the expected volume, such a shame that any recommendations or experiences learned from Cygnus were wasted.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 22, 2020, 12:04:00 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm ready for Patel to become PM and us turn into the UK in V for Vendetta. She has that John Hurt vibe.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 22, 2020, 12:04:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm ready for Patel to become PM and us turn into the UK in V for Vendetta. She has that John Hurt vibe.

Caligula?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 22, 2020, 12:06:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This tracking app. I'm losing the plot here. What is the involvement of Cummings's  AI mate in developing that app?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 22, 2020, 03:19:39 pm by MachoMadness »

Caligula?
I imagine this cabinet to be more like Malcolm McDowell's Caligula if anything.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 22, 2020, 05:08:39 pm by ravenrover »

Caligula?
DON''T GO IN THERE closing the door behind him

TinyPortal © 2005-2012