Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:04:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to get  (Read 3885 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Time to get
« Reply #30 on June 10, 2020, 12:12:27 pm by idler »
The banks are giving next to nothing in interest and I would be more than happy to give the club an interest free loan over a one or two year period.
Maybe the club could get a fund like that up and running.
Small and large amounts soon add up and money lent to the club could be used to buy tickets or merchandise etc. from the club once the term is up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 10, 2020, 12:21:18 pm by redarmy82 »
What we need is a local pop star to start a crowd funding scheme.......

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 10, 2020, 12:34:33 pm by NickDRFC »
I don’t think many people are underestimating the problems we as a club are likely to encounter over the next few months but to say it’s a more desperate time than the state that Richardson left us in is bonkers. Every football club in the league is in the same situation as us with no income so we’re all in it together.

I am intrigued though, the vicar, how someone who is furloughed is earning more than they were before?!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 10, 2020, 01:07:32 pm by idler »
I know of one lady who is a single parent. To enhance her earnings she has two part time jobs as well as her main one.
She was furloughed from her main job and also received payments as retainers or something from her other two jobs as she was on their books.
Whether she will have to pay some back is another matter.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 10, 2020, 01:18:04 pm by bedale rover »
I respect what you say, but the club will be on the floor because of this, and so will every other league 0ne and two  club, and there is a good chance that quite a few will NOT come through the other side of the tunnel, and we could be one of them .  And the club will need help, especially as you say in your statement some people wont be able to get there season tickets ether through loss of life sadly with the virus, loss of there jobs, I'm not including furloughed people as they have been getting there pay in some cases more than there usual wages. So in your statement you strengthen the vicars words saying the club will be on its knees and all that what you and the vicar says makes it a lot worse than first stated

I think the financial situation in leagues 1+2 are put in the shade compared to the disaster area that is the championship!
There must be clubs that are getting overdrafts on their overdrafts!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 10, 2020, 01:53:14 pm by Metalmicky »
I have to support the vicar on this particular topic as he is right to stress how serious this situation is for DRFC.

We've all had discussions with the club with regard to the financial strain that we are under, and it can't be understated just how difficult a time this is.

Again, when we start to roll out the plans that the club have been working on we could probably expand on that but for the time being just be patient, please.

Normally when you tell us to be patient SM, we are waiting to sign someone........... is this notice that Billy Sharp(e) is signing  ;)  :thumbsup:  :silly:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 10, 2020, 01:56:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I have to support the vicar on this particular topic as he is right to stress how serious this situation is for DRFC.

We've all had discussions with the club with regard to the financial strain that we are under, and it can't be understated just how difficult a time this is.

Again, when we start to roll out the plans that the club have been working on we could probably expand on that but for the time being just be patient, please.

Normally when you tell us to be patient SM, we are waiting to sign someone........... is this notice that Billy Sharp(e) is signing  ;)  :thumbsup:  :silly:

Talking of 'Marquis' signings. Should we be wanting Portsmouth to go up? Do we get any money for them being promoted?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 10, 2020, 02:21:40 pm by RoversAlias »
I don’t think many people are underestimating the problems we as a club are likely to encounter over the next few months but to say it’s a more desperate time than the state that Richardson left us in is bonkers. Every football club in the league is in the same situation as us with no income so we’re all in it together.

I am intrigued though, the vicar, how someone who is furloughed is earning more than they were before?!

Fully agree with that Nick, the Richardson comparison is daft.

However, it was not Vicar who said the comment about furloughed workers, it was Magicman. That was a bone-headed comment for sure as I have seen first hand how stressful and damaging being placed on furlough has been for people. It is by no means a picnic and a nice free break during this awful time for us all.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 10, 2020, 02:27:01 pm by RedRover45 »

However, it was not Vicar who said the comment about furloughed workers, it was Magicman. That was a bone-headed comment for sure as I have seen first hand how stressful and damaging being placed on furlough has been for people. It is by no means a picnic and a nice free break during this awful time for us all.

Yes, but read carefully the connections between the vicar and magicman. The style of writing is the same and the vicar is a magician ‘entertainer’.
If I was a cynic I would suggest they’re either family, a close acquaintance or maybe even the same person perhaps ?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 10, 2020, 08:21:40 pm by redarmy82 »

Too right. I can't speak for others, but my boss has changed his mind at least a dozen times as to whether he is getting rid of people or not. It is horrendous.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 10, 2020, 09:24:29 pm by the vicar »
No one has said it is the same as the Richardson era, it was said that on comparison that it could be worse than that but not a slur on the current board as it is the falt of no one,, but it could be worse because of no money coming in what so ever, and no one knows when the club will be able to get fans through the door, and club doncaster members will be in the same position as Rovers

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 10, 2020, 09:27:54 pm by the vicar »
And for everyone that thinks I'm the same person as Magicman they could not be more wrong, but he is my business partner.  But he is in hospital at the moment with the virus but a mild case and getting better

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 10, 2020, 10:42:13 pm by redarmy82 »
And for everyone that thinks I'm the same person as Magicman they could not be more wrong, but he is my business partner.  But he is in hospital at the moment with the virus but a mild case and getting better

I wish him a speedy recovery and my apologies regarding misunderstanding the furlough comment as a dig.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 10, 2020, 11:09:00 pm by the vicar »

I wish him a speedy recovery and my apologies regarding misunderstanding the furlough comment as a dig.
thanks for understanding as it was not a dig just a comparison. And he is on his way to recovery he is on and off the oxygen now throughout the day but still not allowed out of bed I will pass on your thoughts to him

TinyPortal © 2005-2012