Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:07:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Petition For Cummings To Be Sacked  (Read 2224 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Petition For Cummings To Be Sacked
« on May 23, 2020, 09:54:55 pm by tyke1962 »
I've shared it across a number of networks and if you feel it's appropriate that he should go please add your name to the petition .

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-dominic-cummings-must-be-sacked

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigH

• VSC Member
Re: Petition For Cummings To Be Sacked
« Reply #1 on May 23, 2020, 10:32:16 pm by BigH »
Well intentioned Tyke but I won't be signing.

I fear it'll have nil impact other than to tell folk what they already know.

Better that the electorate see Cummings - a man who lacks honour and integrity - for what he is than waste time trying to huff and puff.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 23, 2020, 10:58:33 pm by tyke1962 »
It may not be needed from what I'm reading tonight , seems like a journalist at the mirror has him bang to rights .

Talk of CCTV of him visiting motorway services on route to Durham and eye witness accounts of him travelling around the Durham area .

Looks like the main players in the Tory Cabinet have been summoned to take to twitter and defend him .

This is pretty significant because it puts this government on the wrong side of credibility to those who support it or are not so politically biased as I am of which they are many .

There are over 36k people in this country and many more who have lost loved ones .

This is serious shyte , it really is .

The smart political move would be to hang this fecker out to dry and distance yourself from him , no pun intended .

That's not what's getting played out here .

Interesting few days ahead .

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 23, 2020, 11:10:26 pm by BigH »
In this country, politicians get worried when the public go quiet on them. That's when the electorate folds its arms, takes a breath and makes up its mind.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 28, 2020, 07:00:33 am by Donnywolf »
Heading to a Million signatures - so please if you think what "he" did was out of order or if you think he was lying through his teeth or if you just want to keep the pot boiling sign it now.

Unless the site is rigged to encourage people to sign - the people signing were appearing every few seconds and the numbers were rising befoe my eyes

Not that it will do anything material I feel as Liar Johnson will see to that

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 29, 2020, 03:32:19 pm by Juddy »
Close to 1 million now as I said in another thread ToSSSer with a triple S !!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 29, 2020, 04:34:23 pm by bpoolrover »
Wonder how many on here would sign one for corbyn? If Cummings is wrong for going in a service station if he did how people will be infuriated seeing someone stood next to someone

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 29, 2020, 05:53:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wonder how many on here would sign one for corbyn? If Cummings is wrong for going in a service station if he did how people will be infuriated seeing someone stood next to someone

You DO know that Cummings and his family actually WERE displaying serious CV-19 symptoms? You DO know that makes the cases fundamentally different?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 29, 2020, 05:55:32 pm by Ldr »

You DO know that Cummings and his family actually WERE displaying serious CV-19 symptoms? You DO know that makes the cases fundamentally different?

You DO know that Cummings works for the Government and not Labour? You DO know that makes the cases fundamentally different?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 29, 2020, 06:12:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm guessing you're either in joke mode Ldr, or you haven't read what I've said on the matter elsewhere.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 29, 2020, 06:14:51 pm by i_ateallthepies »
BST, given that LDr has already stated his dissatisfaction with Cummingate I read his remark as aligned with your point.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 29, 2020, 06:15:27 pm by Ldr »
I'm guessing you're either in joke mode Ldr, or you haven't read what I've said on the matter elsewhere.

Lightening the mood mon ami

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 29, 2020, 06:21:45 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Sorry Ldr, if it was humour that passed me by, mate.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 29, 2020, 06:31:42 pm by Ldr »
Sorry Ldr, if it was humour that passed me by, mate.

I'm an acquired taste mate dont worry bout it

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 29, 2020, 06:32:29 pm by bpoolrover »

You DO know that Cummings and his family actually WERE displaying serious CV-19 symptoms? You DO know that makes the cases fundamentally different? It depends if it was after they tested negative or before

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 29, 2020, 06:35:02 pm by IDM »
No it doesn’t.. if they suspected they had the virus (which they did) then they should have self isolated.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 29, 2020, 07:05:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

You DO know that Cummings and his family actually WERE displaying serious CV-19 symptoms? You DO know that makes the cases fundamentally different? It depends if it was after they tested negative or before

He and his wife were never tested. But they both had symptoms. The rules are in that case that you stay at home. His wife took his kid into hospital and Cummings drove there to pick them up while the two of them were in that condition.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 29, 2020, 07:12:33 pm by bpoolrover »
When did someone say he went to the service station on the way there or back? If it was way back you would presume they were all clear as he was supposed start work the next day

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 29, 2020, 07:13:50 pm by bpoolrover »
Any like Cummings Most of it is how you interpret the rules/guidelines

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 29, 2020, 07:19:40 pm by wilts rover »
When did someone say he went to the service station on the way there or back? If it was way back you would presume they were all clear as he was supposed start work the next day

They travelled 4 - 5 hours in a car with a 5 year old. Do you think they stopped at a service station?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 29, 2020, 07:22:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool.

Yes. Apparently he went to a service station on the way back, when he was presumably clear. That's not the issue.

Conveniently, his 4 year old managed the 270 mile initial trip when they were symptomatic, without a piss stop. That must be some sort of record. My kids could barely manage an hour and a half in the back of the car without needing a stop at that age.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 29, 2020, 07:54:48 pm by bpoolrover »
But still there is no proof so is all guesswork, as I said this could go on for ever over Cummings and Corbyn as one has made a stupid trip and one has broken social distancing, but at some point you need to draw the line

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 29, 2020, 08:01:41 pm by drfchound »
Bpool.

Yes. Apparently he went to a service station on the way back, when he was presumably clear. That's not the issue.

Conveniently, his 4 year old managed the 270 mile initial trip when they were symptomatic, without a piss stop. That must be some sort of record. My kids could barely manage an hour and a half in the back of the car without needing a stop at that age.

Without checking, am I right in saying that the journey to Durham was made overnight.
If that was the case then the child could have easily slept the whole way.
My grandson is 3.1/2 and he sleeps through the night without getting up to go for a pee.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 29, 2020, 08:23:37 pm by wilts rover »
As far as we know you are correct hound - Cummings did say they arrived at midnight.

Then again he was spotted running down Downing Street in the morning. And the reason he went to Durham is because she was already showing symptoms, he feared getting it and being incapacitated and wanted to be near childcare asap.

Must have been a bloody big suitcase (or the future Mrs Wilts Rover was organising the packing...)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 29, 2020, 08:32:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound

You're wrong. They drove through the evening and then the early night. I'm guessing they left about 7pm. So they were doing well to have a four year old toileted and ready for bed at that time. Ours never were.

But since you insist on this issue, you do raise another point.

His wife is on record in print telling us that Cummings works 16 hours a day.

Then, on the verge of collapsing with CV-19, he drives 5 hours without stopping.

Good man.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 29, 2020, 08:35:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Now, if Cummings had a spotless record on telling the truth in this affair, I'd be inclined to believe him when he said that he didn't stop.

But given that fact that he had already lied about writing about coronaviruses in his blog, and he went on to dangle that cock and bull story about his drive to Barnard Castle, I'm not massively inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt

I fully understand you doing though.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 29, 2020, 08:36:42 pm by Jonathan »
I wouldn’t sign a petition for either to be sacked. A decision on whether to retain or sack Cummings rests squarely with Johnson. A decision on whether to keep or effectively sack Corbyn will rest with the people of Islington North at the next election.

Assuming Corbyn has breached social distancing guidelines (the photos appear that way) then both he and Cummings should issue full and sincere public apologies.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 29, 2020, 08:37:53 pm by Donnywolf »
Bpool.

While - dont forget the kid couldnt make it from BCastle back home to Durham without needing a p**s in the Bluebell Wood where they did not say at any time "the bluebell are really lovely" to a passing couple.

Its ridiculous but allegedly true that he drove to BCastle to test his eyesight and what a poor excuse he came up with,  with 6 weeks to come up with something more plausible

I mean that was such a laughable explanation given all the other reasons he could have given for why he was at Barnard Castle - here is where I THINK he started :

I was a volunteer on Elon Musks SpaceX Rocket which launched without a hitch - but a few minutes after launch there was a problem and my training kicked it and I deployed the Ejector Seat and drifted back to earth ad landed in Barnard Castle where I was spotted by a local Chemistry Teacher

Then he thought nah f**k that - nobody will believe that and gradually worked his way down till he came up with that brilliant idea of testing nhis eyes.

Anybody got any other suggestions for the ones he nearly went with ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 29, 2020, 08:39:19 pm by drfchound »
Hound

You're wrong. They drove through the evening and then the early night. I'm guessing they left about 7pm. So they were doing well to have a four year old toileted and ready for bed at that time. Ours never were.

But since you insist on this issue, you do raise another point.

His wife is on record in print telling us that Cummings works 16 hours a day.

Then, on the verge of collapsing with CV-19, he drives 5 hours without stopping.

Good man.

BST

I did say “without checking” but then again all children are different aren’t they.
I wouldn’t think it was impossible for a four year old to sleep through a five hour car journey.
In the past when my son was around that age, if I couldn’t get him off to sleep I would sometimes take him for a drive, he would nod off then I would go home and lift him into bed.
He would sleep through until morning..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 29, 2020, 09:07:57 pm by selby »
  This thread reminds me of the old song by Roy Orbison   It's Over

TinyPortal © 2005-2012