Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:17:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who deserves to be crowned the Ultimate Cult Hero of Doncaster Rovers?

Andy Warrington
33 (27.3%)
Jason "JJ" Price
88 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: May 30, 2020, 02:05:31 pm

Author Topic: Ultimate Cult Hero - The FINAL  (Read 1983 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Ultimate Cult Hero - The FINAL
« on May 25, 2020, 02:05:31 pm by RoversAlias »
This is it then, the Final!

Our search to crown the Ultimate Cult Hero of Doncaster Rovers has gone from 64 players down to 2, and this week we decide the winner.

Who do you think deserves the title - goalkeeper Andy Warrington or forward Jason "JJ" Price?

Voting will be open all week, through to Saturday afternoon, at which time we will have decided the fan's choice to be named the club's Ultimate Cult Hero!

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Ultimate Cult Hero - The FINAL
« Reply #1 on May 25, 2020, 02:55:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I've never seen any player who went more out of his way to talk to and involve himself with the younger Rovers supporters than Pricey - and always with a smile on his face. He gets my vote just for that.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 25, 2020, 08:14:37 pm by afro goal machine »
I won warringtons shirt in the legends auction about 10 years ago and met him in the bar after the match
Cracking bloke to talk to and had beat leeds in midweek in the cup with rotherham and loved it lol

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 25, 2020, 08:16:13 pm by drfchound »
I won warringtons shirt in the legends auction about 10 years ago and met him in the bar after the match
Cracking bloke to talk to and had beat leeds in midweek in the cup with rotherham and loved it lol

So did you vote for Andy or yourself JJ?

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 25, 2020, 08:40:05 pm by ss1953 »
Difficult, difficult choice!

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 25, 2020, 09:15:01 pm by afro goal machine »

So did you vote for Andy or yourself JJ?

Was a tough one i went for Andy lol

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 26, 2020, 09:42:14 am by DRFC_TID_93 »
Had to be JJ, until coppinger stole the show, he was incredible in the first half v Southend and pivotal in the Crewe comeback, had an attitude that just endeared him to us all and you can't ask for more than that

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 27, 2020, 08:02:05 am by phil old leake »
JJ

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 27, 2020, 10:59:28 am by idler »
To me this shows the difference between a club legend and one that also really becomes a cult hero.
Andy was a great servent to the club a clean cut model professional.
JJ was a great servent and always gave 100% but had that little extra.
He was ungainly at times and you were never sure what he would do next and I'm not sure that he always did. He played with a smile on his face and always looked to be enjoying himself, sometimes flamboyantly.
That is my view on cult heroes, they are always special.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 27, 2020, 11:24:18 am by Donnywolf »
50 / 50 for me - so so difficult to choose and when you do you maybe think "ah but" and are maybe swerving towards the other nominee

For me it is that difficult I will not vote but still look forward to seeing the outcome AND I will be thinking the "loser" whichever one that is would have been a worthy winner along with most of the ones eliminated up to this point

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 28, 2020, 09:39:52 am by RoversAlias »
Still time to vote in this folks - and thanks to everyone for getting involved throughout this competition so far - with voting in the final open until Saturday afternoon!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 28, 2020, 10:23:57 am by selby »
 Every player who got a mention from the start can be proud of the way us the supporters think about them, some after so long and with younger ones on here only knowing them by reputation.
  So a great trip down memory lane and Ra a fantastic idea, still a way to go but looking sorted, I enjoyed taking part and very hard choices on the way, not least the last one.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 28, 2020, 10:50:18 am by RoversAlias »
Thanks Selby and I fully agree, looking down the list of everyone who was nominated it reads like a who's who of Rovers personality through the decades. Been a fun endeavour and a knowledge-expanding one for me too - there will be an accompanying article out on ITEN over the weekend highlighting a "Best XI" of sorts.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 29, 2020, 11:03:19 am by RoversAlias »
Just over 24 hours left in the vote if you haven't got yours in yet folks!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 29, 2020, 12:01:36 pm by NickDRFC »
Looks like Pricey’s winning this by a landslide (unless Warrington is flying in the twitter vote). What do I win for being the first person to nominate him? 😎

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 29, 2020, 06:29:13 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Chester away- for those who are old enough to remember, years in the downward spiral and culminating in the truly awful season we were unceremoniously booted out of the league. A true hero saving two penalties, no question in my mind especially when Patterson missed our first. He wins it on that performance alone in my mind, but I appreciate its a personal opinion. Funniest JJ moment at Scunthorpe someone shouted "Get yer hair cut Pricey" everyone fell about. Main thing all good Rovers memories.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 30, 2020, 02:52:40 pm by RoversAlias »
Thanks to everyone who voted throughout this competition, I can now confirm the final results:

Andy Warrington: 118
JJ Price: 249

So with just over two-thirds of the overall vote your winner and the true Ultimate Cult Hero of Doncaster Rovers is JJ Price!

A worthy winner in my opinion, please stay tuned for a piece tomorrow on Pricey and the biggest Cult Heroes in DRFC history.

:scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012