Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:41:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: State of the Squad Beyond 2019/20  (Read 1174 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
State of the Squad Beyond 2019/20
« on May 26, 2020, 06:10:18 pm by RoversAlias »
Hi folks,

As the clubs continue to debate the best solution to the current season, I've decided to jump-start the usual off-season speculation and cast an eye over the Rovers squad as it is now, and how it may look in the months to come. You can check it out at the link below:

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/state-of-the-squad-rovers-beyond-2019-20

Here I've run down the entire squad, separating those under contract from those who are about to become free agents, plus the loanees, trying to nail down who Darren Moore is likely to have at his disposal come next season.

Please let me know your thoughts on who you think may be staying, may be going and where we'll most likely strengthen! Thanks for reading as ever and I hope you enjoy the read.

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: State of the Squad Beyond 2019/20
« Reply #1 on May 26, 2020, 09:05:01 pm by selby »
  I agree with most of that, but think that Louis Jones will be our keeper if we don't bring one in, I can't see Sheaf getting anything at Arsenal just because chat on various transfer sites are always linking them with players in midfield from abroad, so he maybe looking for a club, yes I think he is better than league 1 but a lot of players will be released and if I had the choice of him or Blair I would go for the younger player, but would like both to be here, and he might fancy being here.
  Of the others we need a cover for central defence so Blaney could be an option unless Darren knows of better.

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: State of the Squad Beyond 2019/20
« Reply #2 on May 27, 2020, 08:26:31 am by roversdude »
Another excellent read RA, I’m not too sure that Lawlor has a future with us, personally I quite liked him but he seems to let himself down when in the driving seat. Out of the loanees the biggest coup would be Dieng although he seems out of reach.
As much as I admire John and Ennis I feel we have players in place to minimise their loss.
Surely Copps classes as homegrown now lol and I have my fingers crossed for (at least) one more season
I have a feeling that Sheaf will stay, also agree that Sadlier May have his options reduced but if he wants to leave then I wish him well - I don’t see him as a top end championship player yet but he is improving.
We have to extend Matty Blair’s contract as he is Mr Versatile
Keep writing RA really enjoy your take on things

TinyPortal © 2005-2012