Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:06:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Track and Trace  (Read 23349 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Track and Trace
« Reply #150 on June 17, 2020, 12:44:20 pm by Ldr »
Facts like this make me wish Labour had provided a credible alternative to the country in December

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on June 17, 2020, 01:33:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
"WE are demonstrated to be f**king useless, but YOU might have been worse" doesn't make for a brilliant campaign slogan.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on June 17, 2020, 02:38:47 pm by silent majority »
The UK couple who went to New Zealand with CV-19.

Apparently the NZ TTI system tracked, traced and isolated 320 contacts in two days!

THAT is what a functioning TTI system looks like.

By contrast, in its first week, our TTI system isolated 3 contacts per infection in 7 days.

That's not what I read. Apparently the NZ authorities are 'attempting' to trace 300 contacts. Not quite the same thing.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on June 17, 2020, 02:39:34 pm by Ldr »

Apparently the NZ TTI system tracked, traced and isolated 320 contacts in two days!

By contrast, in its first week, our TTI system isolated 3 contacts per infection in 7 days.

That's not what I read. Apparently the NZ authorities are 'attempting' to trace 300 contacts. Not quite the same thing.

Do not question Dear Leader, dissent is unwise 🤣

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on June 17, 2020, 03:20:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SM.

You are right. My apologies for misreading the source.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on June 17, 2020, 03:36:12 pm by drfchound »
If SM hadn’t questioned that it would have been accepted as definitive by most forum members.
You have backtracked on a few things recently BST.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on June 17, 2020, 03:40:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I make mistakes. I've never claimed perfection, despite what some people seem to think in here. When I find or someone points out I've made a mistake, I apologise. Isn't that how everyone operates?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on June 17, 2020, 03:42:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I should add by the way, that's the reason why it always makes sense to post a link to information that you are sharing. That way people can see it and check for themselves. I was rushing between meetings this morning and I didn't do that. My mistake and thanks to SM for correcting it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on June 17, 2020, 04:11:55 pm by silent majority »
I should add by the way, that's the reason why it always makes sense to post a link to information that you are sharing. That way people can see it and check for themselves. I was rushing between meetings this morning and I didn't do that. My mistake and thanks to SM for correcting it.

I read it in one paper as they were 'attempting' to trace 320 people, but to be sure I checked other sources too just to be on the safe side!

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 17, 2020, 05:37:21 pm by EasyforDennis »

I read it in one paper as they were 'attempting' to trace 320 people, but to be sure I checked other sources too just to be on the safe side!

Probably everyone on the aircraft they flew in on plus check in staff etc

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on June 17, 2020, 08:20:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. I HAVE checked this one in 7 different sources. Because I didn't trust my eyes when I first read it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2020/06/17/contact-tracing-app-will-not-ready-winter-admits-health-minister/amp/

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on June 17, 2020, 08:55:36 pm by Iberian Red »
After watching the Villa v United game,it would appear that the PL have the same world beating system in place.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on June 17, 2020, 08:57:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Right. I HAVE checked this one in 7 different sources. Because I didn't trust my eyes when I first read it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2020/06/17/contact-tracing-app-will-not-ready-winter-admits-health-minister/amp/

When I read that, the immediate question (that I noticed wasn't asked or answered) that sprang to mind was that if the T&T isn't his priority, what on earth is his priority?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on June 17, 2020, 10:40:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Glyn.

You mean given that he is the Minister responsible for the T&T app? Yeah, that did cross my mind.

Funny how so many other countries are rolling out working apps, but now it's not a priority for us. We do seem to have a bit of a theme here, of our Govt doing the opposite of what many other countries with better records of suppressing the virus have done.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on June 18, 2020, 05:04:06 am by Donnywolf »
I cant believe anything I see hear or read re this Govt - so I have to speculate for myself

Maybe they think the "deadly" Virus had been finally "put the the sword" - with "the sombrero only needed in foreign climes" -  and will be a distant memory soon.

So kick the can down the road and promise an "App coming by end of year" which will be "world class" because Johnny Patriot will be impressed by that but then in reality do nothing of the sort because the App wont be needed ?

Who knows - only time will tell - if only I believed a tenth of what they actually say I wouldnt be looking at why why why every time I see read or hear something

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on June 18, 2020, 01:21:35 pm by SydneyRover »
Jimmy Wales is offering to roll out the German app free

If the NHS will to support it, I could roll out the German Corona-Warn-App (privacy respecting, official diagnosis rather than self-reporting as I understand it) in short time at zero cost to the taxpayer

https://twitter.com/jimmy_wales/status/1273540187163852801?s=20

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on June 18, 2020, 01:47:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Interesting though 25% of people contacted ignored the requests.  Pretty poor from the general population I would say.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on June 18, 2020, 02:24:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

As I've been saying from the start, THE most important thing in this crisis is that we are able to respect, believe and trust the Govt.

We went into this with unprecedented amounts of support and trust in the Govt. And they have lied to us as a regular matter of policy. It's scarcely surprising that a minority of people now give them the rods when asked to do the right thing.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on June 18, 2020, 02:47:25 pm by silent majority »
Jimmy Wales is offering to roll out the German app free

If the NHS will to support it, I could roll out the German Corona-Warn-App (privacy respecting, official diagnosis rather than self-reporting as I understand it) in short time at zero cost to the taxpayer

https://twitter.com/jimmy_wales/status/1273540187163852801?s=20

Its just a bit of false posturing though as the German App has only just been released and even the Germans don't trust it. As per the German Press;

Germany has launched a new app aimed at speedily tracking down new clusters of coronavirus infection as the country's lockdown is relaxed. However, Berlin may struggle to convince many Germans to sign up for the service.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on June 18, 2020, 03:19:21 pm by ian1980 »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on June 18, 2020, 04:01:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
BFYP

As I've been saying from the start, THE most important thing in this crisis is that we are able to respect, believe and trust the Govt.

We went into this with unprecedented amounts of support and trust in the Govt. And they have lied to us as a regular matter of policy. It's scarcely surprising that a minority of people now give them the rods when asked to do the right thing.

Aye socially responsible that.

If I got that call the last thing on my mind would be "nah not phoning them back i don't trust the government".  If that's more important than family and those you may have come in contact with you need to have a rethink.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on June 18, 2020, 04:27:24 pm by wilts rover »
'World beating track & trace system' - what a farce.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on June 18, 2020, 04:42:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

Aye socially responsible that.

If I got that call the last thing on my mind would be "nah not phoning them back i don't trust the government".  If that's more important than family and those you may have come in contact with you need to have a rethink.

And that's to your credit. But we're not talking about you. We are, I suspect, generally talking about people who are not as engaged as you, or more naturally suspicious than you. They are the 25% who need convincing, and a three month record of lying and dodging is 100% not the way to go about doing that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on June 18, 2020, 04:54:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on June 18, 2020, 05:05:33 pm by ian1980 »
UK ditches it’s contact tracing App for Apple / Google model:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-uk-ditches-contact-tracing-app-to-move-to-google-apple-model-12009690

Christ, I'd missed that! I'm speechless.

I wonder how much time and more importantly tax payer money been wasted on this

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on June 18, 2020, 05:18:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Actually Ian, I'd say the time is hugely the bigger loss.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on June 18, 2020, 05:22:04 pm by ian1980 »
Probably right to be fair. I wonder at what point we could have had an operational app in place that was fit for purpose had we not wasted so much time.

That then of course raises the question of how many lives could have been saved as a result.

Just another in a long line of big f**k ups..

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on June 18, 2020, 05:56:24 pm by albie »
So when Dildo Talk Talk was briefing with Hancock last week, it was all complete bollox.

Is that the last we will see of her.......off to the holiday home with a nice little boost from the public coffers?

It is a U-Turn a day now, they will be running out of promises to renege on soon.
They are a joke, and its not funny!

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on June 18, 2020, 06:00:33 pm by ian1980 »
It also showed at today’s press briefing how bad our reporters are. The news about the app came out well before the briefing and none of them really put Hancock to the sword over it.

The questioning was poor at a time when they should have really been putting him on the spot

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on June 18, 2020, 06:12:07 pm by EasyforDennis »
So my original post with a suggestion to go with Google on the 27th May has now been accepted. I didn't realise Matt Hancock read this forum.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012