Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:19:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 2645 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Unbelievable
« on May 27, 2020, 09:23:59 pm by Branton Rover »
In the DFP article about Copp’s future he states quite clearly of his intentions to play on next season here or elsewhere if need be - some clown on Facebook said something along the lines of time to jettison Copps and bring in new younger blood - this made me incredibly angry - Copps has still got plenty left in the tank for another full season and playing on past his 40th birthday - also the arrogance of the notion of finishing Copps long and illustrious association with DRFC arbitrarily -

I know there’s idiots who post rubbish online but this really got to me - after all James Coppinger has done for Donny - he has more than merited his own choosing of when to call it a day & based on his 19/20 season performances I urge the club to make him another contract offer for next season whenever that is.

Speaking personally I am dreading the day when Copps is no longer our player and I’m sincerely hoping to see him past his 40th because no other player has given me such pleasure in forty years watching

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #1 on May 27, 2020, 09:25:20 pm by wilts rover »
I stopped reading at 'some clown on Facebook'...

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 27, 2020, 10:07:05 pm by since-1969 »
Copps says that EVERY seasons end ..

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 27, 2020, 10:15:32 pm by knockers »
BR I think you need to calm down as you’ll have a bloody heart attack.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 27, 2020, 11:43:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is what happens when social media is available to morons who revel in attention seeking.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 28, 2020, 08:16:45 am by Branton Rover »
I’d like him to say it to my face he’d get both barrels

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 28, 2020, 10:51:59 am by Michael Shaw »
BR Calm down. That is just one person's opinion.  If Copps wants to play on and the club will give him another contract, anyone else's opinion is irrelevant.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 28, 2020, 11:54:25 am by Draytonian III »
Branton this clown on Facebook with either be a shit stirrer, 15 years old, or a supporter of another club or combination of those . You know how “popular “ he is with 2 more teams from South Yorkshire or team from Humberside

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 28, 2020, 01:52:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
I just cannot see a case for anything other than giving him a year extension - unless as is probably highly unlikely he is asking for silly money or wants a guaranteed starting spot.

His fitness and contribution (our top assist provider again this season) justify it absolutely.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 28, 2020, 04:06:27 pm by RugbyRover »
But Moore doesn't rate him as highly as most of us do.....

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 28, 2020, 04:55:26 pm by selby »
 And you know that for certain do you RugbyRover? because I have never heard Darren Moore say anything but praise about his attitude fitness and ability.
  If you or anyone else has ever heard Darren Moore criticise Coppinger or any other player at our club publically please enlighten me.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 28, 2020, 04:55:48 pm by IDM »
But Moore doesn't rate him as highly as most of us do.....

Eh.?

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 28, 2020, 05:57:16 pm by RugbyRover »
And you know that for certain do you RugbyRover? because I have never heard Darren Moore say anything but praise about his attitude fitness and ability.
  If you or anyone else has ever heard Darren Moore criticise Coppinger or any other player at our club publically please enlighten me.

actions speak louder than words...........I think picking a 17 year old lad from Villa instead of Copps shows how Moore is thinking.....

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 28, 2020, 08:04:04 pm by graingrover »
This thread just shows how social,media can inflame folk who are probably reasonable human beings in real life .I mean even Donald W trump gets to sound even more stupid on social media than he actually is .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 28, 2020, 08:15:18 pm by drfchound »
This thread just shows how social,media can inflame folk who are probably reasonable human beings in real life .I mean even Donald W trump gets to sound even more stupid on social media than he actually is .

TBH grainge, with reference to your first sentence above, I see the same thing on the political threads.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 29, 2020, 09:51:34 am by ravenrover »
Oh, I'm not so sure about your last sentence can't see any differrence really

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 29, 2020, 06:52:05 pm by Branton Rover »
Graingerover - I used to think I could tolerate idiots face to face because I Put them right there and then - but on social media it’s bloody infuriating - glad they never had it in my day - can you imagine having to read continuous bollox from Weaver and co

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 29, 2020, 08:51:03 pm by Draytonian III »
Branton just think of the “fun” we could have had in the late 90’s with Weaver and his master, and the wider public would have known about it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012