Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:56:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Shielded People  (Read 741 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Shielded People
« on June 01, 2020, 02:31:33 pm by River Don »
The most vulnerable, who have up until this been shielding are advised they have new freedoms today. We have a couple of members of the family in this category and for the life of me, I can't see what has changed overnight.

Incidences of C19 have fallen but we know the R is still close to one, which means the virus isn't and hasn't been fading from view in the UK.

It will only take one mistake and there might well be fatal consequences. As far as we are concerned in our family there is going to be no let up in the shielding until there is more obvious evidence that this thing is really under control.

Has this relaxation of the rules been made with any reference to the science?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Shielded People
« Reply #1 on June 01, 2020, 02:40:10 pm by bpoolrover »
It’s a very hard one I personally would have waited a couple of weeks till the numbers are hopefully quite a lot lower, like yourself with parents shielding they have been having the odd walk early mornings when no one around so they will continue with that so nothing much will change

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 01, 2020, 03:24:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Sensible people will continue to be sensible, and fools will continue to be foolish no matter what the rules are.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 01, 2020, 11:15:13 pm by idler »
I agree with you Blackpool I would rather have seen a steady decline for another couple of weeks before relaxing the lockdown. The mother-in-law has been isolating for 12 weeks with her husband both in their 80s. She decided this morning to go to the corner shop. Hopefully the bollocking she got will stop her doing it again. We are still keeping family and especially grandkids at a distance. We'll review it in a couple of weeks.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 02, 2020, 01:07:41 am by bpoolrover »
Hopefully your family will get out soon mate, my mum is hating it as she is always out when possible as her health is not brilliant and wants to enjoy the years she has left, like most peoples do

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 02, 2020, 08:35:59 am by IDM »
Sensible people will continue to be sensible, and fools will continue to be foolish no matter what the rules are.

That’s one of the most sensible posts you have made BB.

Problem is, as relaxation of the rules happens, those fools become more foolish.!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 02, 2020, 01:24:57 pm by ravenrover »
Went out for the 1st time in 9 weeks apart from our constitutional in our local woods, yesterday evenng to our local shops for a couple of essentials we had run out of well wine and beer count as essentials when you have run out. I daren't tell my daughter, whose husband has been getting our bits and pieces for us, I would get 1 hell of a roasting.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012